Page 1 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 7:30 am

I noticed Ping-Machine had a Trekkie thread on this but since I haven't seen ST since the original series (sad I know but I want to watch them in exact order - and without buying the whole DVD sets it would be difficult for me - I could hire them I suppose)..

anyway - I figured we should have a Dr Who thread for favourite moments and quotes.

One of my fave moments (funny) is when Patrick Troughton is fighting the foam in the seeds of death and falls over.

Also the "Shoes" bit from Spearhead from Space with Jon Pertwee.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 7:46 am

The exchange between the Doctor and the Pirate Captain in The Pirate Planet regarding the Pirate Captain's macabre, brilliant, but apparently useless Planet Trophy Collection, held in perfect gravitational equilibrium. Note that this sequence was written by Douglas Adams:

Captain : "I'm gratified that you appreciate it."

The Doctor : "Appreciate it? Appreciate it? You commit mass destruction and murder on a scale that's almost inconceivable and you ask me to appreciate it! Just because you happen to have made a brilliantly-conceived toy out of the mummified remains of planets."

Captain : "Devil-storms, Doctor... It is not a toy!"

The Doctor : "Then what's it for? What are you doing? What could possibly be worth all this?"

On sabbatical...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 7:48 am

There's also that sequence from The Invasion where the Doctor is running away from Cybermen, who are firing at him. One of the blasts must've caught him on the arse, as he is clutching it as explosions occur around him. :lol:

On sabbatical...

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 8:07 am

I just found these and they're pretty amazing edits of the Five Doctors. They are long but are some of the funniest things I've ever seen.

The Five Doctors Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ8bZgWEoaY&NR=1

The Five Doctors Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe3e5kmtduc

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 6:09 pm

Already seen it.

On sabbatical...

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 7:01 pm

"Rose, you were magnificent. And you know what? So was I."

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 7:08 pm

Actually, it was:

DOCTOR: And before I go...

ROSE: Don't say that!

DOCTOR: Rose. Before I go, I just wanted to say you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic! And you know what? So was I.

As Rose smiles from the joke, the Doctor suddenly flings his arms to the side and stiffens, energy blasting out of his collar and sleeves, like a living volcano. Rose reels back. Underneath the energy, we can faintly see the Doctor's face changing and warping. Suddenly, the blast stops, and he is now a younger, gawkier man. Rose is shocked and bemused.

TENTH DOCTOR: Okay, I um...(stops and feels around his mouth with his tongue) New teeth, that's weird. Now where were we? Oh, that'sright! Barcelona!

On sabbatical...

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 7:11 am

"its the end , but the moment has been prepared for . . " I'll never forget those words. :cry:

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 6:50 pm

TrueDave wrote:
"its the end , but the moment has been prepared for . . " I'll never forget those words. :cry:

Paddy Kingsland's music helps the moment. It's probably the only sequence in Doctor Who that has made me actually cry.

From The Caves of Androzani:

Sharaz Jek : "You have the mouth of a prattling jackanapes... But your eyes... they tell a different story."

...and an excellent cliffhanger, not just because of Stotz pointing a gun at the Doctor, but because the Doctor is not going to let anyone stop him saving Peri...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgDKsQnwI0Y[/youtube]

On sabbatical...

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 8:25 am

So many which I can't remember. But one that springs to mind:

When the Doctor first met Leila (sp?) and her tribe or whatever thought that he was some kind of cannibal because he offered them jelly babies.

Also:

When K-9 reappeared in one of the most recent episodes. (I like this because K-9 is the coolest character on Doctor Who.)

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 3:04 pm

What about that rather bizarre moment when the Tardis explodes and the console goes spinning out into space on its own - in the Mind Robber.

There's an "updated" video on youtube with a replaced explosion.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1C0srVcLA[/youtube]

Sally
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Feb 2008, 3:13 pm

if you're an alien how come you sound like you're from the north?
Lots of planets have a north!

Don't blink, Don't Even blink, blink & you're dead!

It's a gas mask
Parden
It's a gas mask
What for
The gas
What gas...?

Judoon Platoon upon the moon

Laser Screwdriver, who'd have sonic?

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

25 Feb 2008, 3:17 pm

Sally wrote:
Don't blink, Don't Even blink, blink & you're dead!

I'm going to have that quote in my head for a long time! That episode was fantastic!

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 10:51 pm

ping-machine wrote:
When K-9 reappeared in one of the most recent episodes. (I like this because K-9 is the coolest character on Doctor Who.)

Mr Finch: "Bad Dog!"
K-9: "Affirmative!"

Loved that part.

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2008, 11:50 pm

I rather liked the Two Doctors. particularly Shokki the andrigum that had an obsession with eating humans. its one of my favorite doctor who episodes of all time.

I also rather liked how the second doctor was telling jamie to sit back and admire his diplomatic skills.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 12:22 am

What about that great moment when Victoria is too scared to enter the Tomb of the Cybermen so the Doctor and Jamie (unknowingly) grab eachother's hands and start walking in together.

Also in that story, some great sarcasm with the Doctor secretly flipping switches and talking about how he loves to watch an expert at work...

also also in that story... the doctor's speech to Victoria about how his sadness over his family has faded and hers will too...

also, also, also in that story... they cybermats on the runway .... how cute were they huh?