Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 6:21 pm

I like Death Note, Boy Princess, Gankutsou, Hellsing & Let's Bible mainly

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 6:30 pm

Sailor Moon and Case Closed (a.k.a. Detective Conan).

BigJohnnyCool
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2010, 10:35 pm

Dragon Ball Z and Sonic X

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 1:49 am

Too many to mention and hard to choose, but I guess
I like The Melancholly of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hayate the Combat Butler, Spice and Wolf, Inukami! and Kanon 2006.

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2010, 11:20 am

Too many to list, but I'll list what I'm following at the moment:

Kiss x Sis

Arakawa Under the Bridge

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

B Gata H Kei

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 3:00 am

Epilefftic wrote:
Too many to list, but I'll list what I'm following at the moment:

Kiss x Sis

Arakawa Under the Bridge

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

B Gata H Kei

Wait, wasn't B Gata H Kei about that one girl who had the ultimate goal of f#$%ing 100 guys, but could never get up the nerve to do so because she was self-consious about her body?

Ah, what the heck. All I know is that Roland brings some really weird $#!+ to Monday night anime club...

But back on topic. Current favorite is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Greatest anime of all time ("OF ALL TIME!" shut up Kanye West) would be Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. I've also seen recently: Those Who Hunt Elves, Darker than Black, and Gurren Lagann.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 3:02 am

Peko wrote:

Gankutsuou is okay story-wise and is built on really cool concept (Basically a space-era version of The Count of Monte Cristo), but the artwork is like a bad acid trip, I kid you not.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 10:58 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Peko wrote:

Gankutsuou is okay story-wise and is built on really cool concept (Basically a space-era version of The Count of Monte Cristo), but the artwork is like a bad acid trip, I kid you not.

I know we watched it in anime club & could barely look at the intro (eye twitches & stuff that make me worry bout possible mild seizures). But the Count of Monte Cristo in space is awesome cause it combines modern and historical nerd pretty nicely :D (usually, when writers try to "modernize" a classic/old story I think it totally sucks). But honestly, enduring Excel Saga in club made me want to consider cutting & otherwise hurting myself in order to escape Excel's voice & story... 8O So I'll take a Gankutsou acid trip or possible seizure issue over Excel Saga ANY DAY!! !

I keep forgetting what the name of this one anime my friends have mentioned. But it's about a guy who will eventually build a pedophile machine & end up creating immortality... so an angel is sent to kill him but keeps falling in love w/ him & killing him/resurrecting him (plenty of gore from what I've been told)... this I've never seen but its supposed to be more disturbing than Excel Saga... and oh boy I could give you creepy details about that one (everything from annoying voices too switching bodies, dying & coming back, strange lesbian rape/seduction involving like robot women or something, the world drowning in blood, heads popping out of vortexes, random bunny mating & again pedophelia... etc.).

In general I :heart: anime, but some should NEVER be viewed... or risk brain damage in more than one way.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 12:07 am

Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Paranoia Agent, and (though not for a while) Sailor Moon.

Tried watching FLCL once--didn't quite understand it.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 12:17 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Epilefftic wrote:
B Gata H Kei
Wait, wasn't B Gata H Kei about that one girl who had the ultimate goal of f#$%ing 100 guys, but could never get up the nerve to do so because she was self-consious about her body?

Ah, what the heck. All I know is that Roland brings some really weird $#!+ to Monday night anime club...
I have been following it, I think part of it is meant that the protaganist really is not the normal likeable type, suprisingly B Gata H Kei is actually quite soft compared to other shows. It really is weird at first, but it can grow on you, plus I like the OP for some reason, I find it really catchy.

I guess my favourite show that I watching at the moment is either Fairy Tail or Angel Beats. Fairy Tail has probably became one of my favourite Shounen titles, and Angel Beats is KEY goodness, with nice comedy and feels quite original.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 1:54 am

Peko wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
Peko wrote:

I know we watched it in anime club & could barely look at the intro (eye twitches & stuff that make me worry bout possible mild seizures). But the Count of Monte Cristo in space is awesome cause it combines modern and historical nerd pretty nicely :D (usually, when writers try to "modernize" a classic/old story I think it totally sucks). But honestly, enduring Excel Saga in club made me want to consider cutting & otherwise hurting myself in order to escape Excel's voice & story... 8O So I'll take a Gankutsou acid trip or possible seizure issue over Excel Saga ANY DAY!! !

I keep forgetting what the name of this one anime my friends have mentioned. But it's about a guy who will eventually build a pedophile machine & end up creating immortality... so an angel is sent to kill him but keeps falling in love w/ him & killing him/resurrecting him (plenty of gore from what I've been told)... this I've never seen but its supposed to be more disturbing than Excel Saga... and oh boy I could give you creepy details about that one (everything from annoying voices too switching bodies, dying & coming back, strange lesbian rape/seduction involving like robot women or something, the world drowning in blood, heads popping out of vortexes, random bunny mating & again pedophelia... etc.).

In general I :heart: anime, but some should NEVER be viewed... or risk brain damage in more than one way.

Ah, Excel Saga. I did stop watching that after about episode 3. It's funny, but Excel is just way too annoying, I can barely hear what she said. Puni Puni Poemy (which parodies the magical girl genre) is in the same vein... matter of fact I believe the same people behind Excel Saga are behind that too. Poemy and Excel sound a lot alike...

As for the anime you are thinking of, that would be Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan. I haven't seen all of it, but I did see the first episode where they made fun of two of my least favorite world leaders: George H.W. Bush, former President of the U.S., and Kim Jong Ill, current lead nutcase of North Korea.

Oh, speaking of the latter, there's supposed to be this anime just released in Japan about the former Prime Minister who just stepped down (can't remember his name, but he was trying to get rid of the U.S. Futema Base in Okinawa, which was why he was forced to resign). Anyways, apparently he liked to play majonng (spelling?), so the anime parodies him as this really badass majohnng player who uses games of majohnng as a means of diplomacy. It features quite a lot of world leaders including Kim Jong Ill, Mao Zedong formerly of Communist China (who gets resurrected as a giant Frankenstein-esque creature), and even Bush/Cheney from the good ol' US of A. I believe it's called "Reform Without Wasted Draws." Try checking it out, its hilarious. Subbed only, but still funny.

EDIT: AH-HA! Found it motherf@#$ers! Subbed and everything! Feast your eyes upon this anime among anime. I give you Reform Without Wasted Draws: The Legend of Koizumi!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIO4Uw36-JE[/youtube]

PlagueEleven
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2010, 3:05 am

Right now it's Hellsing, Death Note (surprise!), and I'm sort of into Ouran High School Host Club.
Several years ago it was Tokyo Mew Mew and Hamtaro.

Oh, and if anime movies count, I'm a huge Hayao Miyazaki fan.