Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 4:56 am

I'm curious for a little over 2 years now.
Is Eurovision really as huge in european countries as the TV makes it seem? I see enormous audiences and they act like it's a huge, HUGE deal overseas.

Non-european here, by the way.
Thanks for the insight/perspective, my Euro-friends! (:

skonamis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2010, 6:11 am

I live in Europe and i don't watch Eurovision. Only watched it two times when i was a kid because i lived with family members and they watched it all together.
Yes, there are people who are overjoyed about Eurovision but i don't mind. I don't know how many people really watch it. Only know that my friend does every year. She finds it quite interesting and always has her favourites. After Eurovision we hear the songs on radio and tv.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 6:52 am

Jaejoongfangirl wrote:
I'm curious for a little over 2 years now.
Is Eurovision really as huge in european countries as the TV makes it seem? I see enormous audiences and they act like it's a huge, HUGE deal overseas.

Non-european here, by the way.
Thanks for the insight/perspective, my Euro-friends! (:

It can be a big deal, to my knowledge it's one of the highest rated shows in Europe.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 10:15 am

All old people i know watch it.
None of my friends watch it (and we are all under 40).

If you ask me, Eurovision is a waste of space. But then i do not even have a TV so i do not care really since it does not affect my viewing...

Internet > TV.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 11:02 am

I've only heard of it through Europeans posting on forums.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 1:29 pm

The british people never really take it seriously. I think the other countries know that so they never vote for us. Eurovision used to be a fun event to bring people from all of the EU countries together. Now the other countries (not all of them) take it way too seriously. I think that ruined it. That and Terry Wogan quitting...

My question about Eurovision: why the heck does anyone still watch this stuff? :?

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 1:34 pm

The Eurovision Songcontest was something good in the past. Because there was not that much entertainment on television in the past, when I was little it was something everybody watched. Now it is like 20% of my friends and colleagues.

When I studied in Sweden it seemed to have a cult status there, but cults are transient...

I think they need to think of something new.