Page 1 of 16 [ 243 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 5:39 pm

Did you like the movie batman forever? Although its not considered the best batman film ever it was far better than Batman and Robin.

Did you think the special effects or storyline was the strongest aspect of the film? The fight scenes were VERY good and memorable and Schummacher is good at shooting action scenes.

Although most of the film is quite camp Val Kilmer does do the Dark Knight justice and is faithful to Bob Kanes. Bob Kane even said Kilmer was the best and there are quite a few emotional flashbacks of when his paretns died as well which gives you time to reflect on batmans past.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

11 Sep 2010, 6:17 pm

"Holy rusty metal, Batman!"

"Huh?"

"The ground, its rusted metal and full of holes!"

"Oh" :lol:

That, no doubt, is not verbatim, but it was a funny link to earlier Batmans with Robin's constant exclamations. I loved it. :)

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 6:26 pm

Oh yeah the holly rusted metal one liner was funny.

Very amusing film indeed and the chemistry between Tommy Lee Jones and the Two Face was classic buddy villian quality.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 7:05 pm

Honestly while it wasn't a true Batman movie I did enjoy it. I believe the majority of hate on it was that it was different in tone than a Batman movie should be and that everybody groups it together with Batman and Robin (Quite possibly the worst movie of all time). IMO it was by no means a great film but I did enjoy it.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 7:14 pm

I use to like this movie years ago but now I kinda have mixed feelings about it. I sometimes watch all the Batman movies in order even Batman And Robin, which I do not like but I won't be doing that again. The soundtrack was good though.

A_Spock_Darkly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2010, 7:34 pm

Xenu wrote:
Honestly while it wasn't a true Batman movie I did enjoy it. I believe the majority of hate on it was that it was different in tone than a Batman movie should be and that everybody groups it together with Batman and Robin (Quite possibly the worst movie of all time). IMO it was by no means a great film but I did enjoy it.

The hell does that mean?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 8:06 pm

I enjoyed batman forever more than batman begins and the dark knight.

Batman Forever is the most enjoyable bat film i have ever seen personally. Batman and Robin is almost my most hated bat film but after watching the dark knight a million times that has to be my most hated bat film of all time. Don't see what all the fuss over the dark knight is all about?

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 9:59 pm

A_Spock_Darkly wrote:
Xenu wrote:

The hell does that mean?

it means that it wasn't a real batman movie. it was basically a spoof

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 9:59 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I enjoyed batman forever more than batman begins and the dark knight.

Batman Forever is the most enjoyable bat film i have ever seen personally. Batman and Robin is almost my most hated bat film but after watching the dark knight a million times that has to be my most hated bat film of all time. Don't see what all the fuss over the dark knight is all about?

don't start this again

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 11:04 am

Why batshit cause your narrow minded and can't accept differing points of view. Give it a rest

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 1:23 pm

A_Spock_Darkly wrote:
Xenu wrote:

The hell does that mean?

It was a comedy full of camp. Not a serious film like it should have been.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 1:27 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Why batshit cause your narrow minded and can't accept differing points of view. Give it a rest

Jamsey you were the one who wouldn't accept other points of views. You were the one who stated "Everybody accept for Batman fans like Forever more than Nolan films" which is out and out lie. I am not going to start this again eitheir but you need to work on your ego Mr. West.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjx6bZsrks[/youtube]

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 1:43 pm

I know but it sickens me the amount of praise bat fans give the dark knight. the worst bat film i have ever seen. Batman Returns took a giant s**t on that borefest.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 1:45 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I know but it sickens me the amount of praise bat fans give the dark knight. the worst bat film i have ever seen. Batman Returns took a giant sh** on that borefest.

I agree that The Dark Knight is overrated but I (and millions of other people around the world and NOT JUST BATMAN FANS) loved it. Just because you didn't like doesn't mean that everybody else hated it as well. Just like how you like Batman Forever doesn't mean everybody else loved it as well.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 2:17 pm

Watching the Dark Knight really was like watching a thriller.

In reality batman returns is better than the dark knight for sure would you agree?

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 2:21 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Watching the Dark Knight really was like watching a thriller.

In reality batman returns is better than the dark knight for sure would you agree?

I do like Batman Returns more than The Dark Knight. But I personally (As do countless others) loved TDK as well.