Would you be offended by a South Park episode about Aspies?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Would you be offended by a South Park episode on Aspies?
Yes I would be 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
No I wouldn't be 72%  72%  [ 47 ]
I don't really watch South Park 23%  23%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 65

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 4:10 am

I laugh at Aspie/autism jokes, IMO there needs to be more of them! I don't watch South Park, but I usually check out stuff about Asperger's, so if they made this I'd laugh as long as it was actually funny :P

Besides, getting mad at TV shows or people for joking about things never achieves anything anyway, and I don't see why people get offended by mere jokes.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 7:03 am

Asp-Z wrote:
I laugh at Aspie/autism jokes

Come to think of it Jerry from Boston Legal was pretty awesome. He made me laugh quite a bit. That was a really good black comedy in general. I also loved Shatner and Spader.

alex
Developer
Developer

04 Jul 2010, 7:03 am

John_Browning wrote:
South park is meant to be offensive so I wouldn't take it personally.

same here. I think there would definitely be people who got offended by it however. . .

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 7:31 am

Perhaps they could do it like this. The AS character has an special interest with Hitler but doesn't have a racist bone in his body. Cartman is elated at first, thinking he has found a soul mate but then when he realizes that's not the case he attacks him for his other AS traits. Kyle and Stan are confused at first but like his sense of fair play and they find him interesting. They are curious so they ask him about his stims. Timmy and Jimmy reject him as not being "really" disabled. Etc.etc.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 8:41 am

I think the goal is to be offended, so maybe it would be good material for the writers. I personally do not like it because of the art style and well.. style of humor..
I think it would be the same level of "Oh, jeez, these guys are crazy" that applied to the episode about gingers :lol: (I am one)
I don't want them to say that it's just an excuse for being rude, because I hear that a lot. I do try to be polite :oops: I don't like to be rude..Maybe that's why I don't like South Park..

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 9:16 am

I wouldn't be offended. If I was, I would just turn it off and watch from the next episode. They rarely carry on a storyline like that. I thought the episode about Tourettes was handled with a surprising amount of sensitivity to be honest. They could have just gone with the whole, 'this guy swears, let's laugh at him' angle but instead they showed that whole group of TS sufferers which, although funny, helped the viewer to realise that not all TS sufferers swear. The Cartman story over the top was brilliant too! If they could do something similar with AS it would be good.

I have Tourettes so I know what I am talking about!

pandastyle420
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2010, 4:19 pm

uhh..

i thought that every south park episode was about aspergers in one way or another

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 4:31 pm

Get it made!

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 8:31 am

I would really really really want to see that!

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 8:55 am

I say "no" only because they make fun of everyone. If they picked their targets...showing bias...I'd likely feel otherwise.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 10:12 am

I'd love to see it...maybe in the same season they can spear Justin Bieber, Wendy Williams, BP, The World Cup, etc...I love topical humor

sugarhiccup
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2010, 4:22 am

I think it would be incredibly hilarious. :lol:

SchindlerHaughton
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2010, 1:04 am

Nah, not at all, knowing South Park. I mean, if they were stereotyping us as being mentally ret*d like everybody else does, then I probably would be offended. If they just mock how silly we/the public can be, like they usually do, then I would probably think it's hilarious.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 4:34 pm

To be honest I don't think I would. I happen to be ginger and there was that episode which I really enjoyed, though at a time I payed close attention I started to think but being a fan of the show I just ignore it. Parker and Stone don't mean any harm their just trying to entertain us. Plus black people get ripped on as well and the late Issac Hayes(Chef) was black and isn't the actor who plays Token black.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 4:37 pm

As a HUGE South Park fan, i wouldn't be that offended should they chose Aspies as a certain subject matter. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have mocked everything, from lesbians to religion and all in between, long may they continue!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 4:23 am

There already has been one, not in so many words... the one where Kyles cousin came to stay, that cousin seemed to have a lot of aspie traits.

Taking a break.