t1 or t2
t1 34%  34%  [ 12 ]
t2 66%  66%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 35

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 3:08 pm

Terminator 2 is one of the best action films of all time, if you turn your brain off and ignore the plot. Story wise, there is a ton of pointlessness in it but they make for good action sequences.

Really, Terminator never needed a sequel. At least Terminator 3 tried to put the story back on track after all the nonsense in 2 about trying to stop Judgment Day.

Tiranasta
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2012, 3:56 pm

Close, but I'd have to say Terminator 2.

TTSCC, however, is better than either.

sarek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Dec 2012, 12:02 pm

I love them both but T1 is more like my own philosophy. One shot, one kill and get away to live to fight another day.
I am not one for the big noisy showdown. I prefer surgical intervention.

What beyond reality

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 12:20 pm

Xenu wrote:
I love Terminator 1 and 2 so much! 2 of my favorite films ever. The only problem is that I hate comparing them as it is like comparing Alien to Aliens as they are completely different films in terms of tone and execution.

Exactly, i love both the Terminator films, and Alien/Aliens are in my top ten all time list. However, i love the suspension of T1 and the legendary special effects used on the scene when Arnie performs emergency surgery on himself. T2 was bigger, but with a bigger budget and SFX which ushered in a new era.

The less said about Rise and Salvation, the better.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

vk2goh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2012, 5:32 am

T2 had a better plot, more character drama, suspense and overall cooler effects and action sequences than T1