Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 9:16 pm

Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as good as the first two. However, I ended up loving it, and now I can't decide which one out of the three that I like the most.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 9:51 pm

I have yet to see the movie. I'll probably end up waiting until it comes out on DVD to watch it. I went ahead and read what the ending is, and it made me sad. I'm not going to spoil it for everyone who hasn't seen it, but let me just say that I'm going to have to brace myself for a very emotional ending once I finally get around to watching it. :(

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2010, 11:10 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
I saw it about a month ago. Can anyone who sees autistic traits in Bonnie explain to me what they are?

*SPOILER ALERT*

she's not very social the 1st time you see her, she's not seen playing with other kids her age except with her toys. when playing with her toys, she's very creative and improvises real good too. all this time i thought she was gonna play the whole "tea party" girlie thing with them but instead she mixes it up with thriller, action, and suspense in her playtime. you'll notice that every time Bonnie goes to Sunnyside Day Care, she wears a cape which is really awesome. at the end of the film she meets Andy giving up his toys to her. when he pulls out Woody from a box, Bonnie identifies the doll by saying, "There's a snake in my boot!" (because she found Woody in the street earlier in the film and brought him to her home). that means she's repetitive and has somewhat poor communication skills. hope that helps.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 11:31 am

AtomicKaiju wrote:
Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as good as the first two. However, I ended up loving it, and now I can't decide which one out of the three that I like the most.

I honestly liked 3 the best. then 2. then 1.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 2:21 pm

I had no clue how much tissue to take into the theater,
in case I cried at the end, so I snuck in an entire box of tissue in my backpack.

Didn't cry though.

In regards to Bonnie, she was just shy.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 3:56 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I had no clue how much tissue to take into the theater,
in case I cried at the end, so I snuck in an entire box of tissue in my backpack.

Didn't cry though.

In regards to Bonnie, she was just shy.

it was the darkest of the trilogy.

bonnie was just shy.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 4:24 pm

^^
Agreed on the movie being very dark.
Maybe Pixar will produce more "darker" movies in the future.

Bonnie was just shy.

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2010, 1:41 pm

*SPOILER*

You know the scene in the incinerator, did anyone else start getting worried that Pixar were gonna, you know, actually do it? I don't think I've ever been so edge-of-the-seat affected by a scene in a movie before.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 1:55 pm

arecibo_ wrote:
*SPOILER*

You know the scene in the incinerator, did anyone else start getting worried that Pixar were gonna, you know, actually do it? I don't think I've ever been so edge-of-the-seat affected by a scene in a movie before.

yeah. i was on the edge of my seat before in other movies, but that was the first time in a pixar film

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:10 pm

^^
Same here.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 10:08 pm

I knew the toys wouldn't be killed :D Still the best part of the movie though.

Kempy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2010, 7:58 am

*SPOILER ALERT*

I was worried. Everyone knew that it was going to be the last Toy Story film. The toys start holding hands on the way to the incinerator and you expect Woody to try and save them, but then you see his reaction and that he also thinks it's the end. They also prepared the music as if they were ACTUALLY going to kill the characters, and made it so that the film could end this way without many continuity problems. Because of this, I'm pretty sure a lot of the audience were wondering whether Pixar would really kill them off. I certainly wondered.

As for crying, I cried a hell of a lot in that film. I have never cried in a film before but Toy Story 3 had me balling most of the way through, either because of the side-splittingly funny jokes, or the immensely emotional storyline. The first film came out when I was 3 and I remember it well. I remember the frames from the film they used to print in the newspapers in the run up to it's release. I remember getting my Buzz Lightyear for Christmas. Everybody had one and I still have mine. That 15 year bond with the characters all worked up to the most emotional climax I have seen in any film. I am Andy's age and I still have my toys. Most of them are in the loft at the moment, although now I've seen Toy Story 3, I am planning to put up a shelf in my room and put them all on display.

10/10, Amazing film, I want to go and see it again!

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2010, 1:17 pm

I am 19 years old. I saw it 4 times in the first week, and again since then, my personal record of 5 times in the cinema. It is AMAZING. Has particular prominence to me as I have grown up with Andy since 1995 - and have now just finished my first year of university, so I have experienced life along with him.
A must see for any age group with a fantastic mix of humour (Spanish Buzz) and heartbreak (if two scenes at the end don't tug your heartstrings, you may want to check you still have a heart). I didn't cry as I rarely do, but it was VERY close the first two times. I was hugging my Woody and Buzz dolls :)
I am sure my room at university won't look weird being decorated with Woody and Buzz on my 20th birthday... :/
As for Bonnie, I'm pretty sure she was just a shy 3 or 4 year old.

PS I love you Pixar! :D

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

26 Aug 2010, 2:03 am

I really liked it. Have liked the whole series of Toy Story movies. Had been so nervous and worried for Woody. We cried at the end.Ok, I saw an advertisement for some Toy story merchandise and I wish that they wouldn't put the villain on the front of the merchandise though, because he was so evil what he did, they shouldn't put him on there. Also, what happened to Little Bo Peep? She was so pretty...

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2010, 10:29 am

Yep I saw the movie with my mom and it was great. I can relate to Andy though, and I think my mom felt the same way as his mom. Wish I was young forever, but I have to go to college soon (right after I pass senior year) and take a drivers test soon. After that movie, I had to go to the bank.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 12:03 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
arecibo_ wrote:
*SPOILER*

yeah. i was on the edge of my seat before in other movies, but that was the first time in a pixar film

**EVEN MORE SPOILERS!**

I don't get too emotional over movies, but there was no way I was able to hold back my tears during that scene. The whole time I thought to myself: "This can't be the end! But how are they gonna escape? OH MY GOD IS PIXAR ACTUALLY GONNA KILL OFF THEIR OWN CHARACTERS THAT WE'VE ALL GROWN UP ON AND LOVE SO MUCH!?!?"

But when the little green aliens used the claw to save them, I laughed! I was so happy and relieved that I wanted to jump up out of my seat and cheer!
Seriously one of the best rescue scenes I've ever seen in a movie.