Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 1:17 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_eTV4lRJYU[/youtube]

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 3:13 pm

I've seen that, it's not bad.

bbqplatypus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Sep 2010, 4:39 pm

You know, I really can't explain why I like that movie, but I do. It has no plot to speak of. It was never intended to have one - it's pretty much a series of random scenes of drug and alcohol use (intermixed with seniors paddling freshmen) set to music. It does not correspond with my experience of high school AT ALL. And yet, it evokes a certain mood as I watch it - a certain je ne sais quoi. I think it's a certain sense of authenticity. Even though I've never been there, I FEEL like I'm watching an actual last day of school in the mid-70s.

1. Never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected.
2. Take it outside.
3. Be nice.

And always remember: pain don't hurt.

RIP Patrick Swayze (1952-2009)

truthseeker1972
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2010, 7:27 pm

Quentin Tarantino once summed up Dazed and Confused very aptly by saying it was one the greatest "hang out" movies ever made. When you watch the movie, it feels like the characters are your friends and you're just hanging out with them.

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 7:54 pm

me and a buddy used to watch this movie (we don't hang out anymore though... probably cause of my AS... =( ), drink some liquor, and quote some of the lines. then when we were finished, we'd keep quoting the movie. =D

Spyral
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2010, 10:27 pm

I always liked the line:

Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you're being inundated with all this American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes.

It's so true...