Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

SheldonCooper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Aug 2010, 4:46 am

Who here is a Donnie Darko fan? I watch it about 4-5 times a week. I have it on my iPhone now because when i have a meltdown its the only thing that calms me down.....I go into my own little world.

No one at my work could understand why I'm so obsessed with it so i reluctantly lent it to them and none of them liked it, i actually think they just didn't understand.

So who else loves this amazing movie?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 6:03 am

I like Donnie Darko. It's not one of my favorites but it's definitely one of the most thought-provoking movies I've ever seen. Watching this movie made me question reality because of the characters talking about time-travel and quantum physics.

I thought Frank's rabbit costume was really scary; it made me feel uneasy and I was always worried about when he'd show up next. I didn't like it when Donnie was mean to his family, especially his mom. I would never treat my family that way.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 9:48 am

It was a though provoker (or something you might obsess over if you were high . . . no offense). Admittedly, I missed watching the first 20-30 min or so when I did see it, but it wasn't enough for me to say, "Hey, I'd like to add this to my collection." I would still watch "The Matrix" over "Donnie Darko," any day, but its likely a case of apples and oranges . . . just didn't care for DDs flavor I guess.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 6:47 pm

Favorite Movie ever.

olso4644
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2010, 12:23 am

i use to like it a lot. but it sometimes annoys me. I don't think Donnie is as smart as they make him out to be. So instead, they make everybody else a lot dumber.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 2:40 pm

I really liked the time-space stuff. I especially liked how, toward the end, after Donny had chosen to die in order to save others, people still had a sense something should have been. Such as Frank touching his eye where Donny's bullet would have struck him, Patrick Swazze (right spelling?) sobbing fearfully in the dark, Donny's girlfriend nodding to his mother, somehow knowing there should have been a connection.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 2:28 pm

In our local shops there are dozens of copies of Darko going for a pound a piece. It appears that in our locale, the film was so poorly understood that it gets to sit in the bargain section forever.

Italianwolf77
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 5:42 pm

I actually just watched it today. It was alright, not that fantastic. It had some thought provoking ideas, and Donnie is an interesting character, but it honestly wasn't that great.