Who do you want to direct a new Batman movie?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Choose your Bat-director
Guillermo Del Toro 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
David Fincher 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Darren Aronofsky 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Jamesy (strictly a piss-take) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Other 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 12

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:01 am

In summer 2012, Christopher Nolan will offically wrap up his Batman trilogy with the sequel to The Dark Knight. Well sourced rumours surrounding the movie may include the Riddler being portayed by either Johnny Depp or Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but as for now, take said rumours with a pinch of salt.

The burning question remains: Who do you - the people - want to see have a go at making their own Caped Crusader movie? For me it's Gulliermo Del Toro, he would bring back some fantasy elements and the surreal edge that Tim Burton is renowned for.

His knack for weird and wonderful creatures means we would get a decent Killer Croc and a PROPER Poison Ivy (No Uma Thurman references please, have her like the AA version).

Cast your votes now!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 8:10 am

i am not quite sure but maybe a tv series of a British version of Batman produced by Steven Moffett and Julie Gardner, i do not know who should play Batman, but here are my casting suggestions for who should play who in the British Batman TV series

Allies
Alfred Pennyworth- Andrew Sachs or Larry Lamb
Lieutenent James Gordan- Philip Glenister
Lucius Fox- Danny John Jules

Villans
Ras Al Ghul/ Henri Ducard- Anthony Head
Scarecrow/ Jonathan Crane- Gareth David Lloyd
The Joker- Julian Bleach
Harvey Dent/ Two Face- James Nesbitt
The Riddler/ Edward Nigma- John Simm
Harley Quinn/ Dr Harleen Francis Quinzel- Rita Simons
Ventriloquist/ Arnold Wesker- Chris Barrie, Clive Swift or Norman Lovett
Oswald Copplepot/ The penguin- Ian McNiece
Catwoman- Sophie Okonedo
Talia Al Ghul- Indira Varma
Nazi Scientist based on Hugo Strange- Roger Lloyd Pack
Poison Ivy- Alexandre Moen or Karen Gillan
Blackmask/ Roman Sionis- Robert Llewelyn
Sal Maroni- Peter Capaldi
Victor Zsasz- Robert Carlyle
Killer Croc- Noel Clarke
Mad hatter- Matt Smith
Joe Chill- Mackenzie Crook

What do you thing about my ideas?

Last edited by Laconvivencia on 29 Aug 2010, 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 8:56 am

Interesting casting ideas, especially the idea of Robert Carlye as Zsasz.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

GeomAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2010, 10:14 am

Tim Burton again pls. And if you're gonna make happy endings, at least don't make them so ridiculous

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 11:28 am

The Johnny Depp rumor died a long time ago so I would take that out of the OP. Also we do know that Nolan is specifically looking at Leo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tom Hardy as the Riddler.

My ideas for a good Batman film

But first off! For the new Batman film it still needs to retain the dark tone of the Nolan films but also be open to exploring some of the more fantasy elements in the franchise such as Mr. Freeze (an amazing villain that needs to be done right on the big screen).

But anyways casting details

Director-
Robert Rodriguez is basically my one and only choice as he would be the ABSOLUTE perfect director for the movie.

Bruce Wayne/Batman-
Jake Gyllenhaal,

Sam Rockwell.

The Joker-
Jake Gyllenhaal (Think him in his therapy or dream parts of Donnie Darko only upped alot more)

Crispin Glover

I'll add more to this later

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 11:32 am

Laconvivencia wrote:

I LOVE YOU!

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 11:47 am

Xenu wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:

I LOVE YOU!

That'll piss Jamesy off to no end! I can't WAIT for his reply! :lol: :lol:

Jake Gyllenhaal would be a good choice for Batman, and Crispin Glover would make an excellent Joker!

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 1:12 pm

Lexington: honestly, i don't want another bat-film unless there is a GUARANTEE that it will be good. i don't want another f**k up like what happened with TAS. the TAS was finished, then they made TNBA, to match the superman animated series,l which was bad, then they made Beyond, which was good, but not great, then they made the Batman, which was ok, then they made B:TBATB, which was HORRIBLE. what i'm saying is, i want the films to go off on a high note. i just want the trilogy to be finished nicely and have a good taste in my mouth.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:04 pm

I think Julian Bleach would make a good Joker because he played Joker like characters in the past, the Joker in my Batman would be originally a young jewish Aushwitz inmate, his clown like appearence would be a result of cruel Nazi Experiments like forced plastic surgury, and injected with a disease which destroys your pigment.

i would also make Jonathan Crane/ Scarecrow (Portrayed by Gareth David Lloyd) learn his hallucination toxin from a Nazi in hiding from the British for War crimes, this hallucination Toxin was used by the Nazis on the young Jewish boy at Aushwitz who would become the Joker

Abu_Zarqawi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2010, 3:31 pm

Jean-Pierre Jeunet could do something cool wit it. Especially if he used the aestethics from Delicatessen and City of Lost Children. Would make for an interesting Gotham.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 4:15 am

I think Jeremy Edwards (Rachel stevens's former Boyfriend) should play Batman

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 4:19 am

Xenu wrote:
The Johnny Depp rumor died a long time ago so I would take that out of the OP. Also we do know that Nolan is specifically looking at Leo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tom Hardy as the Riddler.

But first off! For the new Batman film it still needs to retain the dark tone of the Nolan films but also be open to exploring some of the more fantasy elements in the franchise such as Mr. Freeze (an amazing villain that needs to be done right on the big screen).

Director-
Robert Rodriguez is basically my one and only choice as he would be the ABSOLUTE perfect director for the movie.

Bruce Wayne/Batman-
Jake Gyllenhaal,

Sam Rockwell.

The Joker-
Jake Gyllenhaal (Think him in his therapy or dream parts of Donnie Darko only upped alot more)

Crispin Glover

who do you think should play these Batman characters
Allies
Alfred Pennyworth
Lieutenent James Gordan
Lucius Fox

Villans
Ras Al Ghul/ Henri Ducard
Scarecrow/ Jonathan Crane
Harvey Dent/ Two Face
The Riddler/ Edward Nigma
Harley Quinn/ Dr Harleen Francis Quinzel
Ventriloquist/ Arnold Wesker
Oswald Copplepot/ The penguin
Catwoman
Talia Al Ghul
Poison Ivy
Blackmask/ Roman Sionis
Sal Maroni
Victor Zsasz
Killer Croc
Mad hatter
Joe Chill

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 3:35 am

here are the reasons why, i think Julian Bleach who played Davros in Doctor Who would make a good Joker

Julian Bleach in Shockhead Peter

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVSp-fYUQc[/youtube]

Julian Bleach as Ariel with Patrick Stewart in The Tempest

Julian Bleach as himself

The Joker

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 5:22 am

I myself had voted for Del toro, but then I remembered seeing an internet site suggesting David Lynch aught to direct.
Just think how weird that would be.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Italianwolf77
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 9:13 pm

Xenu wrote:

Director-

Bruce Wayne/Batman-
Jake Gyllenhaal,

Sam Rockwell.

The Joker-

Crispin Glover

Where'd you hear Nolan was looking at Leo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy for the Riddler? I knew Joseph Gordon-Levitt was a possibility, but them two? Do you have a link?

Jake Gyllenhaal has the look for Bruce Wayne/Batman, but I don't find him strong enough an actor to portray the character. I definitely do not see him as the Joker, either. Sam Rockwell would be interesting to see as Bruce Wayne, although I'm not sure if he has the right physique. He's a fantastic actor though.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 2:37 am

Jake Gyllenhaal was actually considered for the role of Batman before Begins was even considered, he's a good actor but i just can't picture him wearing the cape and cowl. As for the Riddler rumours, either Hardy or DiCaprio would be a good choice. Guess we'll have to wait until 2012, in Nolan we trust.

Keep them coming, people!