Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2010, 4:06 am

i love spongebob :D

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2010, 5:23 am

I like Spongebob Squarepants. It's a show I can watch without getting bored, and it's funny. I also enjoyed the movie.

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 7:39 am

I find it to be annoying, especially the laugh!
The reason why is, my nephew started to copy the laugh, so I been trying to get him off of it. * watch Animaniacs instead * :lol:

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2010, 4:15 pm

886 wrote:
dbzgirl wrote:
I like it too; it's very funny. Squidward is my favorite character, which I think could be an aspie.

Man, you aspies sure like to compare every character you can to the spectrum.

I don't even see how you can compare the 2 here. He's just anti-social. HUGE difference.

It's an attempt to identify with things outside of oneself, just like what NTs need to do. Is that really so bad?

Anyway, back on topic, I still enjoy some Spongebob episodes, my favorites being Band Geeks and Karate Island. However, I'm not real interested in the show anymore. Pity, since it was a special interest for a while...

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Sep 2010, 4:54 pm

Starrsy wrote:
the creator must have been on heroin, crack, weed and drunk when he thought of this.

I hate these type of statements. It's pretty much an insult to the possibilities of the human imagination.

What, so you need to be on drugs to pitch a cartoon? :roll:

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2010, 7:25 pm

arecibo_ wrote:
Starrsy wrote:

First of all, your avatar is epic.

Second of all, most certainly not, but sometimes people are. The Beatles had a Yellow Submarine video that was so obviously made by a junkie.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 6:13 pm

BroncosRtheBest wrote:
arecibo_ wrote:
Starrsy wrote:

First of all, your avatar is epic.

Second of all, most certainly not, but sometimes people are. The Beatles had a Yellow Submarine video that was so obviously made by a junkie.

SpongeBob has parodied The Beatles a few times in the series. One example is an episode where the characters start their own band. The episode's name? - Krabby Road

SpongeBobRocksMao!

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2010, 9:20 pm

Is that the episode where Plankton gets them to start the band but uses it to attempt to steal the Krabby Patty formula, or is it one I haven't seen yet?

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2010, 4:50 pm

BroncosRtheBest wrote:
Is that the episode where Plankton gets them to start the band but uses it to attempt to steal the Krabby Patty formula, or is it one I haven't seen yet?

Yeah, that's the episode. :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2010, 8:02 pm

love the show, watch it whenever its on. it's the only good thing nickelodeon has left. but avatar the last airbender is so much better

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 12:47 am

It has some really gross moments, some very irritating episodes (every time SB and Patrick torment Squidward for no good reason... like Tom and Jerry, the jerk has to provoke the punishment or it's just hard to watch) and I think it's outstayed its welcome. That said, I still have favorite moments and episodes. I have three kids, so you can imagine that would wear it out for me, but I do like two earlier episodes especially, art related ones (since that's my thing). The one with the evil doodle is the best.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 10:24 am

irishwhistle wrote:
(every time SB and Patrick torment Squidward for no good reason... like Tom and Jerry, the jerk has to provoke the punishment or it's just hard to watch)

They don't mean to torment Squidward, they're just too dim-witted to know that Squidward doesn't like them, as they consider Squidward as a friend.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 1:34 am

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:
irishwhistle wrote:
(every time SB and Patrick torment Squidward for no good reason... like Tom and Jerry, the jerk has to provoke the punishment or it's just hard to watch)

They don't mean to torment Squidward, they're just too dim-witted to know that Squidward doesn't like them, as they consider Squidward as a friend.

And yet knowing this does nothing to stop me wanting to scream. I guess I just don't find that amusing. I've never really been able to laugh at that plot device, and it's been well used in tv shows... The "one person drives another crazy because they have no clue how annoying they are" premise. It's ironic, or hypocritical, of me, since I've always tended to be the annoy-er more than the annoy-ee. But I'm sure that's also why the sight of it gives me no joy or amusement.

They also employ something which has always been extra frustrating for me to see, one person telling another something, and the other person completely not getting the message.

But it's not to say that they never make it funny, but that often, and they've fallen back on this a lot more recently, they just turn it into an endless stream of irritating, infuriating scenes of oblivious torment and torture with no real reason except that they just happened to decide to bother him.

But some of the times it has worked, there's always been something more going on... Squidward being nice to Spongebob because he thought he was going to blow up, Squidward joining them camping in the yard because he imagined a slight to his ego after which he was mauled by a creature that shouldn't exist, Spongebob and Squidward trying to deliver a pizza and ending up being able to drive there on a rock. I guess, looking at those, it gets funnier when it's not so typical.

I can't believe I just typed that much about Spongebob Squarepants.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.