Deinonychus

02 Oct 2010, 7:43 am

Who are the most evil Disney villains? Here are my favorites:
David Xanatos (Gargoyles)
Hades (Hercules)
Demona (Gargoyles)
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
Scar (The Lion King)
Frollo (the Hunchback of Notre Dame)--although I like the book's version better, this was an excellent portrayal.
Rattigan (The Great Mouse Detective)--basically Moriarity in rodent form.
Negaduck (Darkwing Duck)
Syndrome (The Incredibles)
Syd (Toy Story)
Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
The Coachman (Pinocchio)--"They never come back AS BOYS!" :twisted: (he scares you if you're a kid, admit it!)
Zera (The Lion King II)
Don Carnage (Talespin)
Shan-Yu (Mulan)

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 10:23 am

My favorite villains are The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. They're both so graceful and so evil - a perfect combination for a villain. :)

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 11:10 am

Cruella DeVille

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 12:04 pm

iceb wrote:
Cruella DeVille

That image always scared me as a child. 8O

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 2:04 pm

Zira from The Lion King II was always my favorite villain. I liked her daughter Vitani too. I had plushies of them when I was a child.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 10:11 pm

Hmm great villains of disney. They say big things come in small packages, so honorable mention to one who doesn't let their looks stop them from being evil is the master of evil, the prince of destruction, the dark lord Chuckles the Silly Piggy from Dave the Barbarian.

Though another was even smaller, more competent and actually one at a point in takeing over the world, that is DOR-15 from Meet the Robinsons.

Next Ursula of The Little Mermaid, she manipulates the princess, mind controls a prince, uses said princes to turn the king into a worm to add to her very large amount of other victims, and turns into a godly giant monster.

For basiclly owning evil is Malificent from Sleeping Beauty, also in the Kingdom Hearts series she keeps her dark image.

And I guess best evil henchmen villain would be Shego, she is probably the most competent villain on the show, and unlike other henchmen, she rarely makes a mistake, plus her additude is funny, actually pointing out the problems in evil plans.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:33 pm

I've never cared much for Disney, however I love me some Ursula! She's the only villain I've seen in Disney who's both menacing and laughable at the same time instead of being one or the other. I love her octopus tentacle dress and how she lives in a giant sea-monster skeleton where she throws together random sea critters in bottles to make evil potions. 8)

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 8:18 pm

Here are some of my favorite Disney villains:
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
Shere Kan (The Jungle Book)
Hades (Hercules)
Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 5:20 pm

My favourite villain is probably Scar.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 10:06 pm

I never got to see much of Xanatos, but what I have seen of him is enough to convince me he's Disney's best serious villain.

as for their funniest villain, while channel surfing one day, I learned of Dr. Heinz Doofenschmertz, who is one of the funniest villains I've ever seen. Plus, he actually manages to beat Perry at least once. I wish I could remember some quotes...

One villains they could have done more with is scar. Instead of making him a schemer, I think it would have been better if he wanted to put an end to all the competing for food, refusing to accept that this was not a sustainable scenario. But sympathetic villains aren't really Disney's thing, I guess.

I also like Syndrome. "You caught me monologging!" :lol:

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 8:06 am

I love Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, for me she's the ultimate villain. I also like Susan Sarandon's version of the wicked queen in Enchanted. When I was little, Shere Khan uses to terrify me! M Facilier from Princess and the Frog is also really good.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 4:06 pm

He's not my No 1 Disney villain but I would like to mention Lotso Huggin Bear from Toy Story 3. For that short while when he nearly got killed I felt a little sorry for him and thought to myself he is going to be one of those villains that turns good now. But when he turned on Woody and the others after they saved him I said to myself that was one evil teddy bear.

"Where's your boy now Sheriff?"

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 8:29 pm

You forgot the Horned King from the Black Cauldron, definitely one of the scarier villians, just look at him! He is destined to give little kids nightmares, he is awesome!

An honorable mention would be Rasuputin from Anastasia, technically not a Disney movie, but still really scary and made me want to hide under my chair when I saw Anastasia the first time in theatres

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 10:28 am

slovaksiren wrote

Quote:
An honorable mention would be Rasuputin from Anastasia, technically not a Disney movie, but still really scary and made me want to hide under my chair when I saw Anastasia the first time in theatres

And he is voiced by Doc Brown.

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2010, 10:02 am

slovaksiren wrote:
You forgot the Horned King from the Black Cauldron, definitely one of the scarier villians, just look at him! He is destined to give little kids nightmares, he is awesome!

There's a reason it was forgotten: The Black Cauldron sucked in comparison to the books it was based on. In fact, it was one of Disney's worst movies, especially if you've read the books.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 11:14 am

What about the butler from The Aristocats. I don't really think he's a great villain but he has his moments.