Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 1:56 pm

So I was re-watching one of my favorite movies Reservoir Dogs last night and was thinking, if there was a remake (Which I don't they they should do as the original is perfect, but this is just hypothetical) who should they cast in the roles, and so after a lot of careful thinking I made this little thing.
Also please be sure to share who you would cast in a hypothetical remake.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 1:58 pm

Nice ideas, but why reboot a classic?

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 2:02 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Nice ideas, but why reboot a classic?

There is no reason too, and I hope to Xenu it doesn't happen. It's just all hypothetical if there was one who would you like to see.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 2:20 pm

Point taken, im not a big remake fan, but they should remake Alien 3 with the rejected idea of the wooden monastery planet.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 3:24 pm

Reservoir Dogs without Michael Madsen? ... :? Iunno. *is uncomfortable*

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 3:56 pm

This may seem stupid to you all, but US Congress needs to legislate a law banning the remakes or reboots of classic American and foreign movies. Penalty = $100,000 fine for every movie you remake.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 4:02 pm

tcorrielus wrote:
This may seem stupid to you all, but US Congress needs to legislate a law banning the remakes or reboots of classic American and foreign movies. Penalty = $100,000 fine for every movie you remake.

If it were put to a referendum, I would vote in favor of your legislation. I would also like an amendment that the star wars prequels and everything that came from them be systematically obliterated.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 4:13 pm

tcorrielus wrote:
US Congress needs to legislate a law banning the remakes or reboots of classic American and foreign movies.

So, all films then? :wink:

Although the US isn't the only country that remakes and that wouldn't stop it anyway, just move it all abroad!

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 8:25 pm

How about this? If you remake any Stallone or Schwarzenegger movies, the penalty is this:

YOU GET TERMINATED, RAMBO AND TERMINATOR-STYLE!

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:51 am

And also this: summary execution for anyone who undertakes to produce a "Calvin and Hobbes" live-action+cgi movie.

Sam2001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Oct 2010, 1:44 pm

not all remakes are rubbish such as The Fly (1986), and The Departed for example. Still I never understand why they have to remake foreign films though. Just read the subtitles or have the film dubbed.