Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2010, 2:32 pm

Yeah, I am. Can you tell that I am trying my best to come across as being egotistical? I don't think it's going to work, but I'll try my best. :wink: After all I am shown on a television program about a working environment where most of the employees try so hard to let everybody else know how wonderful they are. Yes, I am being judgmental.

Any way as you probably know the program I referring to is "Circus" shown on PBS. I am the "lovely older woman" sitting in the cookhouse talking to Barry aka Grandma. I remember thinking while they were taping all of it that I can relax and be myself because absolutely no one will ever see the footage after all the editing is completed. Because that part will land on the floor.

Just for the hell of it-Have you seen the program? Honestly, I feel like I have been hired by the Big Apple Circus to promote it. Of course that is not true.

The reason I write so much about it is that most of the last 20 years of my life was spent there. I am sure I will never, ever have the same feeling about a work place, or a job that I felt while being there. It wasn't as though it was acceptance of me as an Aspie, as much as I found my niche where I fit in like a glove.

I just want to other people to see it like it was me showing off my old home to my newer friends because it was such wonderful, interesting place to live and work. And I miss it very much. :cry:

irene

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 3:53 pm

Congratulations! :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 11:36 pm

i watched it and marveled at the lifestyle.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2010, 6:28 am

Quote:
i watched it and marveled at the lifestyle

I'd be interested to know more about your statement. What was going on that looked exciting? I haven't seen the program yet. But even if I did my opinions, of course since I worked there, would be different than yours.

Thanks. irene

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 11:11 pm

irene wrote:
Quote:
i watched it and marveled at the lifestyle

I'd be interested to know more about your statement. What was going on that looked exciting? I haven't seen the program yet. But even if I did my opinions, of course since I worked there, would be different than yours.

Thanks. irene

i guess i had a romanticised view of what seemed like a bohemian lifestyle, of freakishly pretty and athletic people performing feats of derring-do night after night. my life has been the total opposite of this. you know the saying, "the grass is greener..."