Do you sense when people have "chemistry" together on-screen

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tigurinn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2014, 7:49 am

Sometimes the media says that some woman and man that played some part together in a movie had a "sizzling on-screen presence" or something like it ... meaning, the viewer was somehow magically meant to pick up instantly on that they really had a thing (a real and genuine attraction towards each other in real life) for each other

..... has anyone ever picked up on that?

If I recall correctly that's what my media said after Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie apparently started dating after filming a movie together; I saw that before I heard about them two being together, and I never picked up on anything between the two.

I even remember reading about a movie made back in the '60s or '70s and reading very clearly that one was supposed to pick up on real life attraction between the two main characters in the movie ... well, I didn't sense anything that could remotely point to them being very attracted to each other.

I can read body language and such in real life ...but clearly I'm not seeing what some media folks seem to see in the movies

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 12:17 pm

Well, "attraction" doesn't always mean "sexual attraction", if that's what you mean----I think it just means "chemistry"----as in, if they got along / liked each other, IRL.

Sometimes, I can----like, with "Will and Grace"----the people that played the title characters clearly, really liked each other, as people, IRL.

Sometimes, I CAN'T.

Also, I may be getting a little better at picking-up on the vibe between people, because in some move or TV show, I saw recently, there were two people who did NOT, seemingly, have any chemistry, with each other----I WISH I could remember what it was----it was pretty BAD!!

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2014, 1:01 am

Not at all. :lol:

When a movie critic says "the romantic leads have chemistry / absolutely no chemistry", I wonder, how can you tell?!

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...