Bane in The Dark Knight Rises!! !! !! !! !! !!

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 8:40 pm

OMG apparently Bane has been confirmed to be in the Dark Knight Rises. This is going to be so cool and has really made me more enthusiastic about batman 3. At first i thought "Oh god the Dark Knight Rises will just be another boring nolan bat flick" but when i heard bane was going to be in it i was thrilled.

Can I have your thoughts on what Nolans vision of bane will be like? Do you think he will be similar to how Bane was in the movie Batman and Robin?
http://tiny.cc/nmhf4

If Nolans f***s up the character of Bane though I will personally start a hate campaign against the director :evil:

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 9:13 pm

I was never a big batman fan prior to TDK but what I do know is the guy playing Bane is Tom Hardy, Tom Hardy played Praetor Shinzon in Star Trek Nemesis. Which wasn't particularly a GREAT Star Trek but I was very much impressed by his performance (as well as that of the familiar cast). He can be very dark, his voice is very nice, but the one thing I think he lacks (or did lack) was the kind of muscle needed to portray Bane, although Hollywood doesn't seem to give a rats ass about making male villains who actually have muscle (example: Venom from Spiderman 3 - definitely not the Hulk-esque figure from the animated series or comics).

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 9:26 pm

Well in Batman and Robin bane was not exactly 'bulky' before he got pumped with a some type of machine.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 9:53 pm

Jamesy wrote:
OMG apparently Bane has been confirmed to be in the Dark Knight Rises. This is going to be so cool and has really made me more enthusiastic about batman 3. At first i thought "Oh god the Dark Knight Rises will just be another boring nolan bat flick" but when i heard bane was going to be in it i was thrilled.

so was i

Jamesy wrote:
Can I have your thoughts on what Nolans vision of bane will be like? Do you think he will be similar to how Bane was in the movie Batman and Robin?

hopefully, he will be NOTHING like that piece of s**t in batman and robin. he will most likely be similar to tom hardy in bronson. he will be incredibly strong, and have an intelligence that rivals batman's

Jamesy wrote:
If Nolans f**** up the character of Bane though I will personally start a hate campaign against the director :evil:

i have so many things to say to this comment, but i'm not going to

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 11:33 pm

I'm happy that Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman. She normally plays princess/queen roles, so it'll be interesting to see her play a villain for once. I bet she will be better than Halle Berry was at it.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 12:56 am

Jamesy wrote:

No Bane will not be that Brainless Retard like in the S***fest Batman And Robin.
Jamesy wrote:
If Nolans f**** up the character of Bane though I will personally start a hate campaign against the director :evil:

No Schumacher f***ed up the character of Bane.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 9:43 am

Jamesy wrote:

Oh joy, it's Jamesy the attention-seeking troll again. Bane in TDKR will be NOTHING like the colossal f**k up in Joel Schumacher's homoerotic camp-fest that looked like a cross between a walking bogie and the Gimp from Pulp Fiction.

Christopher Nolan's version of Bane will be realistic, strong and the master strategist he always has been. After all, Bane did break Batman's back. Tom Hardy wouldn't need any comic gimmicks either, just bulk him up ala Bronson and watch him go toe to toe with Christian Bale.

Starting up a hate campaign against director. That's just pathetic....

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 10:31 am

Hold on a sec in the batman cartoons of the 90's Bane behaved just the same as he did in Batman and Robin. so the bane in batman and robin was true to the character right???????????

Surely bane in TDKR will look like how he was in the 90's cartoons http://tiny.cc/3uxk2

i thought the character of bane was suppoused to be a lumbering muscle bound meathead on steriouds last time i checked?

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jan 2011, 11:04 am

You may want to add a few more exclamation marks for, you know, emphasis.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 11:16 am

Jamesy wrote:
Hold on a sec in the batman cartoons of the 90's Bane behaved just the same as he did in Batman and Robin. so the bane in batman and robin was true to the character right???????????

Surely bane in TDKR will look like how he was in the 90's cartoons http://tiny.cc/3uxk2

i thought the character of bane was suppoused to be a lumbering muscle bound meathead on steriouds last time i checked?

Wrong, Jamesy, read the Knightfall comics. Bane is a master strategist who's used as a test subject for Venom while in a Santa Prisca prison. He instigated a break-out at Arkham Asylum, causing Batman to round up 7 criminals such as Joker and Scarecrow. This causes Batman to be mentally and physically weakened, Bane then attacked Batman at Wayne Manor, having deduced his secret identity and broke his back.

So no, Bane has a mind that rivals Batman and isn't some lumbering oaf on steroids. Im confident Tom Hardy will erase the memories of the Joel Schumacher Bane.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 11:38 am

What do you think bane will look like in the new bat film?

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 11:48 am

Jamesy wrote:

Surely bane in TDKR will look like how he was in the 90's cartoons

sorry, no.

THIS is what bane looked like in TAS:

this is what bane looked like in TNBA:

this is what he looked like in "the batman":

this is the f**k up of bane (it looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like TAS or the comics):

this is what bane looked like in the comics:

and my favorite, this is bane in batman arkham asylum:

Jamesy wrote:

bane is supposed to be a prisoner in santa prisca who takes the venom drug and becomes really muscular. he also supposed to have an intelligence that is equal to batman. he is NOT an idiot

Last edited by imbatshitcrazy on 25 Jan 2011, 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 11:51 am

i hop tom hardy's bane erases the memory of the "bane" from that miserable dogshit excuse for a film batman and robin

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 12:38 pm

In TDKR will bane be like how he was in Arkham Asylum?

Put a sock in the batman and robin bashing we get it already :x At least that film had a sense of humour...............

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 1:34 pm

Jamesy wrote:
In TDKR will bane be like how he was in Arkham Asylum?

probably not

Jamesy wrote:
Put a sock in the batman and robin bashing we get it already :x At least that film had a sense of humour...............

i don't care. its "sense of humor" was childish and stupid. batman begins and the dark knight was funnier

btw, did you know batman forever was originally intended to be dark, but joel schumacher had to change it for kiud friendly audiences after warner brothers said so.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 1:40 pm

i found this really cool image: