Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 2:25 pm

Tom Hardy will be playing Bane and Anne Hathaway will be playing Catwoman.

http://io9.com/5738053/why-is-this-guy- ... an-villain

^A really good write-up io9 did on Bane today. In that view, I can entirely understand how and why Nolan would pick Bane and could most likely use him as more than just simply a grunting super-muscle.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 3:07 pm

I'm happy that Anne Hathaway is Catwoman. I loved her in Alice in Wonderland. :)

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2011, 3:30 pm

Catwoman's been played out, done to death, and Bane wasn't even interesting in the comics. There are so many other Bat villains that would make better choices. Since Ledger isn't available for a reprise, it would have been a perfect way to bring in Harley Quinn.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 3:34 pm

I would have preferred Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones in Doctor Who) to play Catwoman, here is who else i would like to cast In The Dark Knight Rises

Kara Tointon (Dawn Swann from EastEnders) as Talia Al Ghul

Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger from Only Fools And Horses) as Hugo Strange

As for the villans in Nolans previous films

Eric Roberts as Sal Maroni/ Black Mask, i would defiantly like to see Sal Maroni become Black Mask in TDKR and survived the car crash in The Dark Knight, but becomes horribly disfigured is forced to wear a special leather burn mask (Very much like the Doctor Who Villain Sharaz Jek)

Liam Nessons Ra's Al Ghul- as this is the final film in the trilogy, it would be great to end it with the Villain of Batman Begins. I think Ra's survived the train crash in Batman Begins, so in the beginning of TDKR i would like him to disguise himself as the Red Hood.

I would also would like Cillan Murphys Scarecrow and Victor Zsasz to come back in TDKR.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 3:46 pm

Avengilante wrote:
Since Ledger isn't available for a reprise, it would have been a perfect way to bring in Harley Quinn.

No it wouldn't. Harley Quinn requires Joker in order to exist.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 4:20 pm

Well, this is awesome. I'm sure jamesy is crying his eyes out because bane isn't going to be the idiotic ape like henchman is that attrocious, disasterous, pitiful excuse for a movie, batman and robin

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... s-villains

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 4:28 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
Eric Roberts as Sal Maroni/ Black Mask, i would defiantly like to see Sal Maroni become Black Mask in TDKR and survived the car crash in The Dark Knight, but becomes horribly disfigured is forced to wear a special leather burn mask (Very much like the Doctor Who Villain Sharaz Jek)

No, black mask is a gangster named roman sionis who hates both batman and Bruce Wayne. Also, it is an alter ego of jerimiah arkham for a brief period of time. Sal Maroni is a completely different character. He is a gangster who burned half of Harvey dent's face. That idea of yours is terrible

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 5:05 pm

Still wish they would have done Hush instead...but if they make Bane the more clever figure that he originally was (as described by the io9 article), it could be good.

Catwoman's always been kind of a boring character to me...

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 5:26 pm

Tom Hardy as Bane = WIN! Im confident that Christopher Nolan's take on Bane will erase the memories of the Bane from Batman and Robin, who was reduced to a grunting, useless sidekick that looked like a walking bogie. Hardy is a very good actor, watch Bronson for proof that he wouldn't really need any Venom gimmicks (Unless it's a new type of steroid) to go toe to toe with Christian Bale.

As for Anne Hathaway, she's too doe-eyed and innocent to play Catwoman. No-one can ever replicate Michelle Pfeiffer's role, but im willing to give her a chance to see what she can do.

Jamesy must be crying into his cocoa upon hearing this news.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Arman_Khodaei
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2011, 2:09 am

I am very much looking forward to this film. I was shocked to hear Bane is in the film, but if done right, this will be one heck of a Batman film.

Who says that the Batman breaks?

I have a daily blog that discusses my experiences on the autism spectrum, and a daily YouTube series to compliment it. Please check them out. I also have a podcast that is updated weekly including an Al

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:15 am

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:

No, black mask is a gangster named roman sionis who hates both batman and Bruce Wayne. Also, it is an alter ego of jerimiah arkham for a brief period of time. Sal Maroni is a completely different character. He is a gangster who burned half of Harvey dent's face. That idea of yours is terrible

That idea is not terrible, I know Black Mask is Roman Sionis and is a completely different character from Sal Maroni in the comics, but It would be good if Sal Maroni became Black Mask in TDKR. After Sal Maroni becomes horribly disfigured during the car crash, he is forced to wear a Black Burn Mask, and then forces his mob to wear masks forming the Masked society.

At least my Ideas will not be cheesy like Jamesy's, while My idea of Black Mask would be like the Doctor Who villain Sharaz Jek, Jamesy's idea of Black Mask would probably be like Jim Carrey's The Mask, the only difference is that his Mask would be Black instead of Green.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 8:11 am

BANE!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13H_4XOFn28&feature=related[/youtube]

Bane should equal Batman intellectually and totally outclass him physically... If Nolan remembers this the movie will be fine.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 4:45 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:

That idea is not terrible, I know Black Mask is Roman Sionis and is a completely different character from Sal Maroni in the comics, but It would be good if Sal Maroni became Black Mask in TDKR. After Sal Maroni becomes horribly disfigured during the car crash, he is forced to wear a Black Burn Mask, and then forces his mob to wear masks forming the Masked society. .

stop. please

Laconvivencia wrote:
At least my Ideas will not be cheesy like Jamesy's, while My idea of Black Mask would be like the Doctor Who villain Sharaz Jek, Jamesy's idea of Black Mask would probably be like Jim Carrey's The Mask, the only difference is that his Mask would be Black instead of Green

probably, yes. you're right

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 6:38 pm

please Nolan bring Ra's Al Ghul or scarecrow back.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 3:16 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Well, this is awesome. I'm sure jamesy is crying his eyes out because bane isn't going to be the idiotic ape like henchman is that attrocious, disasterous, pitiful excuse for a movie, batman and robin

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... s-villains

Bane In The Dark Knight Rises would probably be like Tom Hardy's role as Bronson while the S***fest Batman And Robin's Bane was a cross between the Incredible Hulk and the Frankenstein Monster from Mel Brooks Young Frankenstein.