Can you believe how quickly films are coming to DVD?! !! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 6:54 pm

Megamind (Theaters) November DVD ( February) 3 months!! !! !

The third Narnia,Tron Legacy both expected in April that's 4 months!

Harry Potter Nov. theater DVD March (4 months)

They are coming to DVD sooner and sooner!! !! Why do you believe this is? What are your thoughts fellow WP members?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 7:05 pm

Alice in Wonderland came out on DVD 3 months after it was in theaters. Disney said that it was because they thought more people would buy the DVD if the movie was still fresh in their minds. Other movie companies probably feel the same way.

As a DVD collector, I'm very happy that movies are coming to DVD sooner, because if I see a new film in theaters and enjoy it, I don't want to wait very long to add it to my collection.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 7:50 pm

I remember when we typically had to wait six months to a year for a movie to come out on video. I'm glad movies are coming out quicker than ever.

I think how quickly a movie comes out depends on its success in theaters. The more successful a movie is at the box office, the longer it will take for it to be released on video. Toy Story 3 was released to theaters in June and didn't come out on video until November or December.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 2:25 am

Today most major movies released and distributed in digital form and start in theatres on the same date around the world. So no reason to wait.