Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 6:07 pm

A Clockwork Ringwald. You know the rest.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 2:14 am

Sequels to Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Tim Burton doing a movie adaptation of Hellsing. I even have a cast in mind, at least for the three main characters: Johnny Depp as Alucard (that's a given), Mia Wasikowska as Seras and Helena Bonham Carter as Integra

b9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 3:30 am

i once thought it would be amusing to make a movie with a detailed plot, and strong main characters, and have the storyline continue to evolve to a point were people are intrigued and very much like how the movie is developing, and at a random point during the course of the development of the story, have the whole story wiped out by an unrelated disaster.

for example, maybe there are 2 people who live in different parts of the world and who have never met each other. they have no psychic abilities, but they keep dreaming about each other, and they both, in their separate worlds, think that they are going crazy because of the intensity of their dreams.

(in reality, no one ever meets the person that is the most compatible person in the world for them.
it is curious that people say they have found their "soul mate" after meeting only 10,000 people say. they claim that no one else could be more "right" for them. what has really happened, is that the person found the closest match to their desire from a sample crowd of only 10,000. if they could meet all 6.7 billion people in the world, they would surely find the one person who rises above everyone else in their mind. of course one could not live long enough to meet everyone on earth)

so the people in the story are actually the best matched 2 people in the world for each other, and they are so well matched, they know each other intimately even though they do not know if each other even exists. they are driven crazy by their dreams, and they have no desire for anyone else in the world except for the person in their dreams who they think is just a figment.

they are both deeply distressed and suicidal because each one of them thinks they have a special type of craziness that can not be scrutinized that leads them to a life of emptiness because they think the love of their life who they love so deeply does not, and never will exist.

they both crave to ask each other in their dreams if they could meet somewhere in the world to see if this is all just a dream, or whether it is real and an unbelievably intense connection of unexplainable proportions, but they are both too afraid that to ask would provide proof that it is all just a dream like they thought.

they were terrified that if they knew beyond doubt it was a dream, then the dream would fade because the reality in it would be killed. they desperately want to clutch to the small hope that that the person in their dreams is really somewhere in the world.

it keeps eating away at them, day after day, and they both coincidentally go to psychiatrists and tell them about their dreams. they both talk about their dread of having their soul mate die from their minds if they agree to meet in real life and no one turns up.

but their psychiatrists urge them to go through with setting up a meeting in their dreams because once the dream is killed, it will set them free to live a normal life and find someone in reality to love.
they explain that no one on earth could match the person in their dreams, but they do think they are crazy so they bravely do as the psychiatrists say.

that night in their dreams, they agree to meet at an airport. as they are in the airport looking for each other, they both sit down in a cafe with their backs to each other, not having seen each other yet.
they feel a tremendous force behind them, and as they start to turn around toward each other, a gas pipe explodes and obliterates most of that floor killing both of them and all the others nearby instantly.

then the storyline switches to the life of the paramedic who drove one of the ambulances to the airport. he waits outside and is not involved because he is just a driver. while he is waiting, he starts to smoke a cigarette and begins coughing. after he coughs into his handkerchief, he notices a small clot of blood. then he pulls out a "stop smoking" pamphlet to read and his uncles photo falls out of it, and he holds it to his lighter and burns it.......

blah blah bla...the point is you have the first 3/4 of the movie with a good storyline and have it right at the point of climax, then destroy the plot and finish the movie with mundane disconnected scenes which are entirely unrelated to anything that has happened earlier in the movie.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 7:41 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Sequels to Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I'd like that! :D But how? They pretty much wrapped those up. . .

Idiotchief
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2011, 8:36 pm

A sidekick movie. As in superhero comic book sidekick. And not having the obvious sidekick ends up saving the world thing

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 11:59 pm

Who Framed Roger Rabbit II

Starring Jessica Rabbit and Charlie Sheen

oh my...

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 9:48 am

A small town in Western USA in the fifties has a UFO fly over it one night. After that, the children of the town start acting peculiar. Their IQ's keep increasing, and they are all tinkering with electronic machinery of that age. But in alarming ways, they're combining parts from stereo amplifiers with automobile coils and toy train transformers. One girl creates a device out of a Hoover vacuum that hypnotizes the grown-ups in the town. The children start massing together, assembling a larger machine of some sort. A couple of the kids in town, a bully and a High School wrestling champ have not been affected. But they are increasingly unable to do anything as all the grown-ups have all been hypnotized. The device the children are building is connected to the power lines leading to the town. It turns out to be a machine designed to rip an inter-dimensional hole in space so the creature that rules the planet the UFO came from can take over the earth.