Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Feb 2011, 9:51 pm

So, I've recently started watching Heroes. I could never seem to make the effort to catch up while it was still on the air and am near the beginning of season two now. The thing is, I've heard the ending was....a disappointment (or, in some opinions, non-existent).

Without giving any spoilers, how bad was it? Should I keep watching, or was is such a colossal let-down that I should give up now before I fall any more in love with Hiro (and the other characters of course...lol)?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Feb 2011, 10:07 pm

I would give up now, seriously! I watched about 2 seasons of this series. And I found myself getting very annoyed at the loose threads and plot holes. They would have something happen and never go back to explain it. It is hard to remember now, but I know that I got really irritated with this aspect of the series, so I stopped watching it.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 9:04 am

meh, it's worth a watch if you have nothing else to do.
oh and the characters are very attractive. 8)

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Feb 2011, 9:31 am

emlion wrote:
meh, it's worth a watch if you have nothing else to do.
oh and the characters are very attractive. 8)

Yes, I'll give them that at least. But as a writer, I found the plot holes and lack of continuity frustrating.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 9:39 am

i try my hardest not to think about that things like that, else it ruins pretty much everything. >.<

i stick to the pretty actors + cool superpowers. :lol:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Feb 2011, 9:48 am

emlion wrote:
i try my hardest not to think about that things like that, else it ruins pretty much everything. >.<

i stick to the pretty actors + cool superpowers. :lol:

That's a good way to be! Enjoy!

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2011, 10:46 pm

thanks for the opinions. you're right, lots of cool power and lots of attractive actors can cover up a multitude of holes in the plot :-)

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 5:07 pm

mimsy123 wrote:
So, I've recently started watching Heroes. I could never seem to make the effort to catch up while it was still on the air and am near the beginning of season two now. The thing is, I've heard the ending was....a disappointment (or, in some opinions, non-existent).

Without giving any spoilers, how bad was it? Should I keep watching, or was is such a colossal let-down that I should give up now before I fall any more in love with Hiro (and the other characters of course...lol)?

I only really paid attention until the end of season 2 - after that I stopped watching religiously and didn't watch any of it past the midway point of season 3. Bottom line for me, having watched what I watched, was that the high point of the series was probably the last episode before the season 1 finale. The season 1 finale fell flat on its face given all the buildup to it, and the series was never nearly as good after that as it had been.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Feb 2011, 9:56 pm

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
I only really paid attention until the end of season 2 - after that I stopped watching religiously and didn't watch any of it past the midway point of season 3. Bottom line for me, having watched what I watched, was that the high point of the series was probably the last episode before the season 1 finale. The season 1 finale fell flat on its face given all the buildup to it, and the series was never nearly as good after that as it had been.

It was the same for me. :(

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 7:16 am

The short story is that the writer's strike during Season 2 really threw things off track. They had to change their original idea and the series never really recovered. Season 2 (first half) wasn't that bad but the second half went off the reservation. Season 3 just made little to no sense as they tried to salvage the franchise.

Too bad. It had potential.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 12:34 pm

The sad thing is that it was SOOOO good and full of promise during the first season, right up until the finale and then its like someone flipped a switch, the writers had a lobotomy or something profound really changed.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 1:18 pm

Season 2 was a lot of bad but after that the whole thing had a bunch of ups and downs. Some great parts and interesting story twists but some also just bad parts and "hey let's forget about that" parts.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Sam2001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2011, 5:08 pm

the show took ages for any storylines to develop and then
would drop them or forget about them
. the show was mawkish and some of the
characters were annoying. The creator of heroes
has a new programme
with kiefer sutherland who has a son with autism
and can predict the future. don't know
when it will be on tv.