Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 9:39 pm

I read on IGN about DS Stylus and Wii remotes made to look like The Doctor's screwdriver and thought WOW! that looks COOL! So I decided to find this show and it's on BBCAmerica (where I live in FL) IT'S AWESOME!! !! I heard there's an 11th doctor but I haven't seen that episode yet. I like the 10th doctor he's a good actor. :-) The Dilek are some cool robot enemies especially the episode I just watched where they combined DNA with people HOW AWESOME!! ! Can't wait to see the what is surely an amazing NEW Doctor. I'd assume these would be Season finales and be big WOW POW! episodes then the new Doctor happens. BTW without spoiling much (since I want to watch the whole new doctor guy) How is he? Do you like him more than the 10th doctor? If anyone is into Doctor Who PM me I'd love to talk about it. It's an AWESOME SERIES! (I know that My Face is Boo is a fan from his name and avatar BTW Boo reminded me of Mother Brain from the Metroid videogame series LOL!)

Spyral
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2010, 10:18 pm

The Doctor rules...pm'ed you just now.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 12:58 am

zeldapsychology wrote:
I read on IGN about DS Stylus and Wii remotes made to look like The Doctor's screwdriver and thought WOW! that looks COOL! So I decided to find this show and it's on BBCAmerica (where I live in FL) IT'S AWESOME!! !! I heard there's an 11th doctor but I haven't seen that episode yet. I like the 10th doctor he's a good actor. :-) The Dilek are some cool robot enemies especially the episode I just watched where they combined DNA with people HOW AWESOME!! ! Can't wait to see the what is surely an amazing NEW Doctor. I'd assume these would be Season finales and be big WOW POW! episodes then the new Doctor happens. BTW without spoiling much (since I want to watch the whole new doctor guy) How is he? Do you like him more than the 10th doctor? If anyone is into Doctor Who PM me I'd love to talk about it. It's an AWESOME SERIES! (I know that My Face is Boo is a fan from his name and avatar BTW Boo reminded me of Mother Brain from the Metroid videogame series LOL!)

What?

Well, there's more to Doctor Who than David Tennant and Matt Smith. Here's a couple of videos. The first is for three stories from the classic series as part of a DVD trailer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZYaSQLynv4[/youtube]

And then there's this excellent music video, one did for DVD releases in 2003, that has a variety of clips from the classic series.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAdDZ1mufn4[/youtube]

On sabbatical...

tomhead
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2010, 3:12 am

zelda, I -love- Doctor Who. It's the only scripted show I still watch. :o)

Cheers,

TH

Allan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2010, 4:07 am

Ahh, the Master with his rubbish beard. Theres a bunch of Who on Netflix Watch Instantly. There are mixes of retro Who and most if not all of the revival series (05-now). Also watch the Ninth Doctor, hes played by Christopher Eccleston who was in 28 Days Later(Evil Military Guy), Heroes (Claude Raines aka Invisible Man), also the GI Joe movie in which he played Destro. But he and David Tennant are fantastic. I don't care what people say, David Tennant is MY Doctor.

jayroo79
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Sep 2010, 9:50 am

I like classic Who a lot more than the newer stuff. But I must say that Matt Smith makes an excellent Doctor.

"Power is the reason that we all are fighting for, control your body, your soul and heart. Yes- some of us who surrender are like lambs to the slaughter; get the power & try harder to reach the next stage."
-SMT III

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 10:16 am

I haven't seen Smith in the role only Tennent which IMO is a good actor. I didn't realize he played Barty Crouch Jr. in Goblet of Fire until seeing him on Who LOL! DUH! I can't wait to see Smith and see how he plays the good doctor. I love he is called The Doctor AWESOME NAME! If I get my PhD or ever a medical degree call my THE DOCTOR Not last name or PhD (after last name) LOL!

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 11:17 am

The new Doctor Who is one of the best shows on TV.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 5:56 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
The new Doctor Who is one of the best shows on TV.

So was the old series, although at times, well...

On sabbatical...

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 6:05 pm

I was searching through the DVD selection in my school's library and found Doctor Who. I wanted to pick it out but they don't have the first season yet. Most sad...I think they only have the third and fourth season. I'll most definitely keep checking back though.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Allan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2010, 10:10 pm

Pertwee and Baker two of the best doctors IMO.

bbqplatypus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2010, 8:52 am

Does anyone else here have love for Sylvester McCoy? He's my second-favorite behind Baker.

1. Never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected.
2. Take it outside.
3. Be nice.

And always remember: pain don't hurt.

RIP Patrick Swayze (1952-2009)

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 5:56 pm

bbqplatypus wrote:
Does anyone else here have love for Sylvester McCoy? He's my second-favorite behind Baker.

He's my favourite 'classic' Doctor, just ahead of Tom Baker. In third place comes Patrick Troughton.

On sabbatical...

bbqplatypus

15 Sep 2010, 3:32 am

Yeah, my top two shift really often depending on what mood I'm in. And possibly what day of the week it is.

His era is absolutely amazing (well, except for Season 24). It's bold, fresh, ambitious, and fun. In short, everything the Eric Saward era WASN'T. It's a real shame nobody was watching anymore, because Season 26 was easily the best the show had been since Hinchcliffe left. And the rapport between McCoy and Sophie Aldred was a big reason why.

1. Never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected.
2. Take it outside.
3. Be nice.

And always remember: pain don't hurt.

RIP Patrick Swayze (1952-2009)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 9:03 pm

Doctor Who is my new favorite show. So far I have only seen episodes with The 4th Doctor/Tom Baker in it. I really like him, he is a good actor. He makes me laugh a lot. :) I also really like his companion, Romana, because she's highly intelligent and sassy.

I'll be sure to watch the David Tennant and Matt Smith episodes sometime in the near future, because I've heard pretty good things about them.

TellEmSteveDave
Toucan
Toucan

05 May 2011, 1:34 pm

I have every episode they did since they brought it back in 2005, big fan of the Eccleston, Tennant and Smith Doctors :) I also have the "Beginning" box set with the first 3 stories.