Page 5 of 86 [ 1376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 86  Next

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

ScientistOfSound wrote:
ConfusedDude wrote:
Anyone else that likes this show? C'mon! I'm the only one that is spreading the word!! !! ! :evil:

The brony underground shall rise! :twisted:
Amen, my brony! Amen! :twisted:

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2011, 5:17 pm

Here's a video of a physics representation of MLP:FIM:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVfidujxRg[/youtube]

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

Here's another video of a presentation but in college:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRsVGQv_13k&feature=related[/youtube]

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm

I never liked the original series from the 80's and LOVED the MLP Tales series. I don't like the animation style of FiM but I like the storyline. I customise the older toys all the time. I don't know how I feel twoards the name. I don't know if friendship is magic as much as it is rare. They never showed the struggle any of these ponies had to make friends and finnaly meeting their one true friend.

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

You guys should be able to see the last 2 videos I posted.

[quote]"Elements of Harmony,Power of Friendship,You got to believe in Magic."[quote]

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

All I see is "Derpy Hooves" everywhere, the pony with the derp face :o

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2011, 1:41 pm

Can someone tell me what sexual orientation is Rainbow Dash? People say she's a lesbian, others say that she's bisexual, well I say that she's straight. Just because she's the tomboy(and just because she has a Rainbow mane) of the show doesn't mean that she's a lesbian or bisexual. She's tough as horseshoes. And she likes to play sports.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 4:58 pm

Well the reason why people make her out to be a lesbian is for shipping and fanfics mostly. In my opinion, they're all asexual unless stated otherwise.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 4:59 pm

In my opinion they're all asexual unless its stated/implied otherwise. However I can see why some people would think she is.

Madao
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

Love this show and can't wait for the second season. Really love the new animation style they've given the ponies compared to the original 80's series.

This fan made game looks promising...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlnZxvi37s&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Almost wish it was real so I could play it on the big screen. :D

Madao
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jun 2011, 7:04 pm

ShenLong wrote:
MLP Finnish Dub. You rage, you lose. You'll see what I mean....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO_1gWdDmD8[/youtube]

It was dubbed by Nordi Agapio, a Finnish Dubbing company that was notorious for its terrible jobs at voice-dubbing.

Good god it's like the person singing the theme song isn't even trying. LOL

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

ConfusedDude wrote:
I watched the six main characters and they have certain (mental)conditions like all of us:

1.Twilight Sparkle - Asperger's Syndrome.
2.Pinkie Pie - Hyperactivity and Bipolar Disorder
3.Applejack - (?)
4.Rainbow Dash - Tomboyish Personality
5.Rarity - Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
6.Fluttershy - Bipolar Disorder, also.

That's what makes them special and funny. Idea

Twlight Sparkle always seemed like the only normal one. Fluttershy seems like the one with AS. Applejack apparently has OCD. The only that screams AS to me has to be Wind Whistler from the original 80's cartoon.

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2011, 7:37 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
ConfusedDude wrote:
I watched the six main characters and they have certain (mental)conditions like all of us:

3.Applejack -Tomboyish "Country Girl" Personality

That's what makes them special and funny. :idea:

Twlight Sparkle always seemed like the only normal one. Fluttershy seems like the one with AS. Applejack apparently has OCD. The only that screams AS to me has to be Wind Whistler from the original 80's cartoon.
Twilight Sparkle is the smart one, which in my opinion, according to the episodes that I've seen, sometimes, nobody understands her and she doesn't understand them either. On the other hand, Fluttershy, is what in anime may consider her a "Yandere", or an "extremely bipolar" person. A classic case is in the final episode "THE BEST NIGHT EVER" where she demanded love from the forest animals and she went in psychotic rampage to demand love. Applejack does not have OCD. Rarity does. Applejack also has a tomboy personality but the only difference is that she was raised in a country-style barn surrounded by a field of apple trees. Which makes her a country girl.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 11:54 am

ConfusedDude wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
ConfusedDude wrote:

3.Applejack -Tomboyish "Country Girl" Personality

That's what makes them special and funny. :idea:

Twilight Sparkle is the smart one, which in my opinion, according to the episodes that I've seen, sometimes, nobody understands her and she doesn't understand them either. On the other hand, Fluttershy, is what in anime may consider her a "Yandere", or an "extremely bipolar" person. A classic case is in the final episode "THE BEST NIGHT EVER" where she demanded love from the forest animals and she went in psychotic rampage to demand love. Applejack does not have OCD. Rarity does. Applejack also has a tomboy personality but the only difference is that she was raised in a country-style barn surrounded by a field of apple trees. Which makes her a country girl.

Bi polar and AS aparently go hand in hand very often. My parents suspect I might have bi polar. I hope I don't spaz out on my bearded dragon or meerkats someday.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:03 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ZyTzgoLGA[/youtube]

*Dances*

birdsandbugs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2011, 11:31 am

Dude I'm so glad you posted this. I just heard about this show yesterday from my YouTube subscriptions and I am now OBSESSED! I've been watching as many of the episodes that I can on YouTube and am familiar with the whole "brony" phenomenon, a term where guys 18-40 or so follow the show and related topics. I was going to post my own article about it till I saw yours. I am fascinated by this whole trend where certain "girl" shows become popular with boys and absolutely loved Rainbow Brite as a kid. I also love Laren Faust's other works including Powerpuff girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I don't know what it is about these shows but they are ADDICTING! Maybe it is the art style (which has evolved as I feel nothing for the original My Little Pony cartoons), the big eyes, near anime-ness or the quirky dialogue and actions of the characters. The 80s were a much more conservative time and you can see in MLP:FIM that they tackle more risque subjects such as insanity (love it when Pinky Pie goes temporarily loopy in Party of One). Yes the shows have "girly" themes and some naeuseating cuteness but overall these shows rock! Having Asperger's I prefer things like cartoons and fantasy to anything with "adult" themes (I don't even really like kissing in shows). In some ways I think it's wierd to like stuff like this but I beleive in being a unique individual and not a puppet like everyone else and I don't care.

Oh and Pinky Pie? Best character ever. There are all sorts of YouTube clips of her, even a 5 minute one of her crying, which I find strangley fascinating...