Page 29 of 86 [ 1376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 86  Next

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,380

29 Apr 2012, 3:30 pm

I got sucked in to this show hardcore a few days ago, watched through both seasons in a few nights. Can't wait for season 3, this show rocks.


_________________
A shot gun blast into the face of deceit
You'll gain your just reward.
We'll not rest until the purge is complete
You will reap what you've sown.


HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,364
Location: Planet Earth

29 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

Here's an interesting thought. If the forcefield was only applied to protect Canterlot, as shown during the finale, why didn't the changelings apply the old siege tactic of looting the surrounding area? Ponyville and Manehattan should have provided plenty of love and supplies, allowing the changelings to launch a proper offensive against Canterlot in order to finally defeat Celestia and end her reign of terror (you know, doing nothing as Equestria is in chaos several times a season).



3nvy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 31 May 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 7
Location: Texas

29 Apr 2012, 8:33 pm

For anyone who's interested, I'm working on a knitting pattern for ponies~

Rainbow Dash Plushie

My newer ones look better than this, but they aren't really finished yet.... :3



RW665
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,223
Location: Southern California

29 Apr 2012, 9:00 pm

abacacus wrote:
I got sucked in to this show hardcore a few days ago, watched through both seasons in a few nights. Can't wait for season 3, this show rocks.

A new brony. Yay!
Image


_________________
Gaming since 1996.
Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenantsWrath
My art: http://revenantswrath.deviantart.com/
Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/


Joker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,593
Location: North Carolina The Tar Heel State :)

30 Apr 2012, 12:39 am

I think the show is very funny a lot of people like the show the youtube vidoes of it are so addicting to watch.



abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,380

30 Apr 2012, 12:45 am

RW665 wrote:
abacacus wrote:
I got sucked in to this show hardcore a few days ago, watched through both seasons in a few nights. Can't wait for season 3, this show rocks.

A new brony. Yay!


Still unsure if it's a passing obsession (I get them all the time. A few weeks ago I was abnormally obsessed with the Tolkien Legendarium) or a new thing for me.

Either way, I'm just gonna enjoy the absurd amounts of cute while it lasts.


_________________
A shot gun blast into the face of deceit
You'll gain your just reward.
We'll not rest until the purge is complete
You will reap what you've sown.


abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,380

30 Apr 2012, 1:15 am

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
Here's an interesting thought. If the forcefield was only applied to protect Canterlot, as shown during the finale, why didn't the changelings apply the old siege tactic of looting the surrounding area? Ponyville and Manehattan should have provided plenty of love and supplies, allowing the changelings to launch a proper offensive against Canterlot in order to finally defeat Celestia and end her reign of terror (you know, doing nothing as Equestria is in chaos several times a season).


Because that wouldn't make as good of a plot.


_________________
A shot gun blast into the face of deceit
You'll gain your just reward.
We'll not rest until the purge is complete
You will reap what you've sown.


RW665
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,223
Location: Southern California

03 May 2012, 1:55 am

Anyone else here in Southern California? The SoCal Bronies group has some good meetups going on this month if you are interested. We're meeting up on the 12th for a screening and panel with some of the voices actors and autographs afterwards in Los Angeles. There's lots of other meetups too. The group is on meetup.com if anyone wants to check it out.


_________________
Gaming since 1996.
Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenantsWrath
My art: http://revenantswrath.deviantart.com/
Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/


daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,001
Location: My own little world

04 May 2012, 6:58 pm

abacacus wrote:
I got sucked in to this show hardcore a few days ago, watched through both seasons in a few nights. Can't wait for season 3, this show rocks.



Me too actually... well...I'm in the process of watching them about 8-10 episodes a night....I still haven't gotten through season 2 yet. The characters are awesome....so much better developed than in the original series. :)



conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,922
Location: third rock from one of many suns

04 May 2012, 7:44 pm

daydreamer84 wrote:
abacacus wrote:
I got sucked in to this show hardcore a few days ago, watched through both seasons in a few nights. Can't wait for season 3, this show rocks.



Me too actually... well...I'm in the process of watching them about 8-10 episodes a night....I still haven't gotten through season 2 yet. The characters are awesome....so much better developed than in the original series. :)


I concur. :D 8)


_________________
The existence of the leader who is wise
is barely known to those he leads.
He acts without unnecessary speech,
so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17


HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,364
Location: Planet Earth

05 May 2012, 6:44 am

The original series I'd like to forget all about. For some reason, the ponies creep me out.
They make Pinkie Pie look like a monster, which is something even the most evil fanfic writers can't claim to have achieved.



conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,922
Location: third rock from one of many suns

05 May 2012, 9:03 am

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
The original series I'd like to forget all about. For some reason, the ponies creep me out.
They make Pinkie Pie look like a monster, which is something even the most evil fanfic writers can't claim to have achieved.


By "the original series" you mean G3, right?

When I think of "original series", I think of G1--did you ever see any of those?


_________________
The existence of the leader who is wise
is barely known to those he leads.
He acts without unnecessary speech,
so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17


HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,364
Location: Planet Earth

05 May 2012, 11:06 am

conundrum wrote:
HisDivineMajesty wrote:
The original series I'd like to forget all about. For some reason, the ponies creep me out.
They make Pinkie Pie look like a monster, which is something even the most evil fanfic writers can't claim to have achieved.


By "the original series" you mean G3, right?

When I think of "original series", I think of G1--did you ever see any of those?


All series up to Friendship is Magic creeped me out in some way. That's one of the reasons I like Friendship is Magic - it's well-drawn and well-animated.
My cousins had My Little Pony toys. Not sure which generation that was, but they were old before 2003.



abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,380

05 May 2012, 4:45 pm

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
conundrum wrote:
HisDivineMajesty wrote:
The original series I'd like to forget all about. For some reason, the ponies creep me out.
They make Pinkie Pie look like a monster, which is something even the most evil fanfic writers can't claim to have achieved.


By "the original series" you mean G3, right?

When I think of "original series", I think of G1--did you ever see any of those?


All series up to Friendship is Magic creeped me out in some way. That's one of the reasons I like Friendship is Magic - it's well-drawn and well-animated.
My cousins had My Little Pony toys. Not sure which generation that was, but they were old before 2003.


G1 is eighties I believe... not sure though.


_________________
A shot gun blast into the face of deceit
You'll gain your just reward.
We'll not rest until the purge is complete
You will reap what you've sown.


Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

07 May 2012, 10:55 am

You mean you guys don't enjoy G3.5? Absurd!

I'm in SoCal, otherwise known by the less stupid name of southern California. Could be fun to go to a meetup..



Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Oct 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,734
Location: USA

07 May 2012, 12:26 pm

conundrum wrote:
lindajangie wrote:
Does the BBBFF Song depict the relationships of autistics really well or is it just me.


Yeah...especially the first verse.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUMFL0Gckkg[/youtube]


Dafuq, this is the story of my life. I just realized that in a little over a year my BBBFF is leaving for college. Damn thing makes me feel emotion.


_________________
Cinnamon and sugary
Softly Spoken lies
You never know just how you look
Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html