Page 342 of 410 [ 6546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345 ... 410  Next

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 9:34 am

Last night we watched Max Headroom [1987–1988] Season 2, Episode 3: "Grossberg's Return".

This episode's theme was:
- If media outlets align with political candidates then ratings might align with election results
-:/\/\or vice versa

I recommend Max Headroom to anyone who likes Science Fiction with substance.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 4:23 am

Coronation Street, episodes from the second half of January 1981

A visiting Dutchman, Dirk van der Stek, takes the fancy of Deirdre Langton and goes on a couple of dates with her, much to the annoyance of Ken Barlow, who has been taking a close interest in Deirdre himself of late. Brian and Gail's newborn son is christened - this is in fact Nicholas (Nick) Tilsley, not David Platt as I mistakenly suggested earlier: he doesn't come along for another decade or so actually.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2022, 7:27 am

Coronation Street, episodes from February 1981

Ken Barlow and Mike Baldwin compete to win the favours of Deirdre Langton - all very civilized compared with what happens a couple of years later, lol. Elsie Tanner, manageress of the local cafe, is driven to distraction by her feckless assistant, and sacks her. Annie Walker goes on a Mediterranean cruise, and leaves the Rover's Return in the hands of Gordon Lewis, who looks as if he's come straight from the Gestapo.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2022, 10:05 am

Zootopia+

Love this!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2022, 11:04 am

Last night we watched Max Headroom [1987–1988] Season 2, Episode 4: "Dream Thieves".

- If you and a friend are competing fairly for the same job and you win,
-:/\/\how guilty should you feel if the loss causes their life to deteriorate badly?

The theme above is explored in the context of paying people to let you record their dreams (that's the science fiction aspect of the episode) so you can market the recordings as entertainment. That science fiction aspect of the story is not, in my opinion, adequately explored. The episode's focus is really an interpersonal drama about guilt, as described above.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2022, 8:32 pm

Last night I finished up Love on the Spectrum U.S. and then followed that up with season 2 of the Australian version of Love on the Spectrum. I find both interesting.

Today I watched season 2 of Warrior Nun. I enjoyed it.

Watched episode 1,2,and 3 of season 3 of The Umbrella Academy.

I don't know many people on the spectrum. I use to be a programmer in the computer department at a medium sized hospital and I knew two people who were on the spectrum. What I enjoyed about Love on the Spectrum was the variety of people, and most were so sweet. One guy was 63, same age as me, and he was diagnosed late in life, as I was, and like me, when he was diagnosed, he felt like it explained so much. He was a joy to listen to because he enjoyed people and just radiated kindness. Not everyone in the series finds love or a companion, although they meet some really nice people. As someone who is, and has always been clueless when it comes to dating, I really admire them.

I use to think when I die, the last voice I wanted to hear, after my sons, is Maeve Higgens, but I think I would add Steve, the 63 year old gentleman to that as well. If I told him that, I know what he would say. "Well thank you. Gee, that's so kind of you to say." and he sounds so genuine.

I found this YouTube program where he was a guest. There is also a trailer clip of the show. It's weird to watch because the clips are snippets and I know what happens.

Steve Spitz - Meet the Biz with David Zimmerman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2022, 12:19 am

Andor.
American Horror Story: NYC.
A Crime To Remember.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2022, 1:31 pm

Westworld
Season 4, episodes 1, 2, and 3

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 12:49 am

Coronation Street, episodes from the second half of February 1981

The regime of temporary pub manager Gordon Lewis at the Rovers Return is unpopular, as expected, and he suspends the workshy and bolshy Fred Gee for disciplinary misdemeanours. Bet Lynch and Betty Turpin then walk out in protest at their increased workload. Ken Barlow feels he's losing out to Mike Baldwin in the battle to win the affections of Deirdre Langton, and tells her he wants to get engaged to her. Deirdre isn't too keen to commit to either suitor.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 5:12 am

Real Time With Bill Maher.
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 12:18 pm

Coronation Street, five episodes from March 1981

Annie Walker returns from her holiday and is shocked to find that all her staff have been replaced by Gordon Lewis. She gives the latter a piece of her mind and reinstates them all, though Bet Lynch and Betty Turpin take some persuading.

Major drama as Arnold Swain, the bigamist whom Emily Bishop 'married' the previous year, turns up at her house and subjects her to a frightening experience as he expounds on biblical passages and expects her to join him in a suicide pact. After fleeing the house when Len Fairclough arrives at an opportune moment, he is later picked up by the police in Heaton Park, and is subsequently transferred to a psychiatric hospital.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 12:56 pm

Warrior Nun, season 1. Rewatched after finishing season 2 yesterday. I've caught up to season 2 again, and started it thinking "Oh, that how season 2 transitioned from season 1." Season 1 was quite the cliff hanger.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 11:23 am

Coronation Street, last four episodes from March 1981

Mike Baldwin has been winning hands down in his rivalry with Ken Barlow for the favours of Deirdre Langton, but puts things back in the balance by dancing with beautician Sonia Price at his flat-warming party. This does not go unnoticed by Deirdre, who turns again to Ken for solace. Fred Gee has found a new lady friend, Eunice, and has plans to sneak her into his room at the Rover's, but is unable to outwit landlady Annie Walker. The newspaper delivery boys and girls go on strike for more money at the Kabin (the local newsagents), but proprietor Len Fairclough is having none of it.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 3:14 pm

Last night we watched Max Headroom [1987–1988] Season 2, Episode 4: "Whacketts".

- What might happen if media content had a secret, subliminal, addictive signal embedded?

Ironically, it is apparent the Max Headroom episodes did not have that kind of secret, subliminal, addictive signal embedded. This was the last broadcast episode in the original run of the series; three subsequent episodes were filmed but not used in the original broadcast run of the series.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 10:47 pm

The Walking Dead.
Interview With The Vampire.
Urban Legend.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 11:34 pm

"Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" (The X-Files).