Page 324 of 414 [ 6613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327 ... 414  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 12:40 pm

Four episodes of Coronation Street from the first half of June 1983.

Hilda Ogden 'persuades' the occupants of the chip shop she has inherited to leave by threatening legal action, but then learns that the lease on the property will soon expire, and that the landlord will be increasing the rent by a considerable amount. Ken and Deirdre make plans to move to a larger house in a modern development, but Uncle Albert, with whom they live in Coronation Street, isn't at all keen. Mavis has a number of heart to heart sessions with Victor, but in the end can't deal with the idea of 'living over t' brush' with him, or even the prospect of becoming 'Mrs Pendlebury'.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 1:49 am

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 4:49 am

Better Call Saul.
Mind Over Murder.
Luke Cage.
Ms. Marvel.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 4:13 pm

3 episodes of Coronation Street from the second half of June 1983.

Ken and Deirdre decide not to move house, but to offer to buy Uncle Albert's home in Coronation Street, so that he can continue to live with them, and will have some money to leave to his daughter. Hilda realizes that it wouldn't be viable to run the chip shop, and decides to sell it, hoping to get around £10,000 for the business. However, there's more bad news when it emerges that most of the fittings in the shop have not been paid for, and the solicitor tells her that she'll be lucky to get £1500 when all the debts are cleared.

Nevertheless, she throws a party to celebrate her expected windfall, and she's already getting quotes for an expensive carpet and new bathroom, as well as talking about a Caribbean holiday. One feels that this is not going to end well....

(Hilda welcomes the party guests)

Hilda: "Oh, good evening, did you have a pleasant journey?"

Elsie Howard: "I've only come from next door, Hilda!"

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 9:11 pm

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 10:05 pm

Luke Cage.
Becoming Elizabeth.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 10:30 am

2 episodes of Coronation Street from the last week of June 1983.

Suzie Birchall visits the Tilsley household late at night, knowing that Gail is away from home, and tries to get Brian into bed. Big mistake - he sends her packing, then tells Gail the next day. Gail then tells her good friend Elsie Howard, who is Suzie's landlady, and there's a big bust up between Elsie and Suzie that evening, as a result of which Suzie is told to leave. This was her final appearance in the show, a pity as she was quite a lively character.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:27 pm

What We Do In The Shadows.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 4:14 pm

4 episodes of Coronation Street from the first half of July 1983.

A Russian trade delegation visits Mike Baldwin's factory. Typically, the women who work there threaten to go on strike if they don't get paid extra, and during the visit itself, Vera Duckworth is as loud and disruptive as ever. She really was an obnoxious person. Chalkie Whiteley wins £3500 on a five horse accumulator, and plans to visit his son and grandson in Australia. Curly Watts makes the first of his appearances as a regular character in the show.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 4:22 pm

Luke Cage.
Becoming Elizabeth.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 3:22 pm

Episodes of Coronation Street from the second half of July 1983.

There's a horrific accident at Brian Tilsley's garage, in which his father is badly injured, and is taken to hospital unconscious. Bet Lynch begins a relationship with a local councillor called Des Foster who is married - her landlord Alf Roberts doesn't approve of such goings on in the flat above his shop, and threatens to evict her. Hilda Ogden gets a begging letter from a local woman who has heard about her inheritance, and rather credulously gives her some money when she comes to the Ogden household.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 5:20 am

Five episodes of Coronation Street from the first half of August 1983.

Hilda Ogden continues to give emotional and financial support to Mrs Earnshaw, much to the disapproval of husband Stan and lodger Eddie Yates. It soon emerges that she's a con-artist though, leading to a big scene in the Rovers. Bert Tilsley returns home from hospital, but soon goes missing and is eventually tracked down to Bristol, where he's in a psychiatric ward. Bet Lynch pursues her interest in Des Foster, despite numerous red flags popping up, and she prepares to move in with him in a flat he has obtained after leaving his wife.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 5:24 am

Luke Cage.
Alaskan Killer Bigfoot (no, I'm not making this up).

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 6:14 pm

A Midsummer Nightmare

Episode of 'Thriller' broadcast in the UK on 15 May 1976. A private detective is called away to Italy on business, and his wife, played by Joanna Pettet, investigates a case in his absence. It involves a teenage girl who had been murdered five years earlier in mysterious circumstances, and the plot revolves around the girl's fascination with Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Sounds interesting, but in fact it's pretty tedious, with the usual obligatory offering of red herrings as far as suspects go. I lost track of the plot near the end, and the fact that I haven't yet been able to summon the enthusiasm to watch the final stages again probably sums it all up. A police officer played by the awful Brian Blessed was the culprit, if that's of any interest.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 4:41 pm

Three episodes of Coronation Street from the second half of August 1983.

Bet Lynch finally blows the whistle on her troubled relationship with Des Foster when she discovers he's got at least one other 'bit on the side' besides her. Ken Barlow gives confidential information from local council documents to 'Weatherfield Recorder' editor Pam Mitchell - as a council employee himself he's summoned to a meeting with his superior and is in danger of losing his job. Percy Sugden makes his debut in the show, and straightaway has run-ins with Alf Roberts and Emily Bishop. The Duckworths buy Chalkie Whiteley's house in Coronation Street, to the despair of some local residents.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 7:06 pm

Two episodes of Coronation Street from the final week of August 1983.

Ken Barlow is reprimanded for divulging confidential information by the council, then pig-headedly refuses to sign an undertaking not to do so again, giving his employers no option but to dismiss him. Mike Baldwin has unexpected problems with his business partner in the Graffiti Club venture, who appoints a manager for the club without consulting him, leading to a good deal of friction.