Page 274 of 414 [ 6609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 414  Next

AwkwardCat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2020, 12:40 am

I am watching the whole Pablo series. (I got lost in Youtube and found the show's channel before learning the whole first season is on Netflix. So I'm doing that now, and I think it's a very nice show!)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2020, 5:34 pm

Wandering wolves 2-part documentary

really good.

A little annoying that nonsense like fairy tales and myths were mentioned, but at least they only interviewed one wolf hunter; the rest were about wolves and in particular 3 individual wolves who had crossed large areas of Europe

parts of their journeys were re-enacted by trained wolves, which was a really cool touch

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2020, 5:48 pm

I recently saw "The Midnight Gospel," an animated show that delves into philosophy, religion, magic, and all sorts of funky stuff. It is a very serious and deep show masquerading as something absurd and surreal. It got me watching cartoons all the time to where some nights all I watch is cartoons. Adventure Time, also Gravity Falls...

They never had cartoons like that back in my day. All we had was the Flintstones and after that maybe the Simpsons, which was O.K. This is the Golden Age of shows.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 3:56 am

Starlight2001 wrote:
I think we just have fundamentally different ways of experiencing fiction.

Oh, I watch anime episodes weekly, I am well aware of the different experience of having relatively large breaks in watching shows around the same length, and I can be watching over a dozen shows at once in that way. I am not going to say that there is something wrong with only watching a few episodes of She-Ra at a time, only that I did feel compelled to watch it in chunks. Although, I am pretty sure that it was only the last season that I watched that amount of episodes at once, because it was a banging season that felt like it had every episode matter in moving things forward.

Anyway, I am eyeing the next Netflix show to watch, largely thinking cartoon. Considering either to continue with Disenchantment, which I have heard gets better after the first season, and is a Matt Groening cartoon. Or start Kipo, which looks cute and it feels like I have been hearing talk about recently.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:59 am

AwkwardCat wrote:
I am watching the whole Pablo series. (I got lost in Youtube and found the show's channel before learning the whole first season is on Netflix. So I'm doing that now, and I think it's a very nice show!)

Wow, you too like Steven Universe. Seems a bunch of us are into animated shows.

I looked up Pablo here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_(TV_series)
but when I found it was children's television, I decided I better not watch it.
That might be crossing some kind of line at my age. :lol:

Starlight2001

27 May 2020, 8:00 am

@Bradleigh How do you make that bar at the top of your post? The one that starts "Starlight2001 wrote." I've only been using this site for 11 days. It seems that's easier to notice than looking for an @ like I just did. Also I recommend Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. It's a little more juvenile than She-Ra but I really liked it, especially the more recent episodes.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 8:24 am

Starlight2001 wrote:
@Bradleigh How do you make that bar at the top of your post? The one that starts "Starlight2001 wrote." I've only been using this site for 11 days. It seems that's easier to notice than looking for an @ like I just did.

It is a tab on the top right of posts, it creates a reply that already has what was in that post, with the poster's name. When also writing a post you can also click the 5th tab on top of the textbox to include another quote if you don't want to write out the formulae and next to the first quote write ="person".

I have siblings who have watched Ladybug, and it did look a little on the younger side. Granted, one of the last cartoon series I watched was the Sonic Boom series... and then the one I watched before She-Ra was Bojack Horseman, which I needed a break after.

Also, just watched the 9th episode of season 4 of Rick and Morty. Kind of felt like a particular episode that just said everyone sucks.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:49 am

And I just binged the first season of Kipo (the second season apparently comes out next month), a 10 episode animated show. Went in not even realizing that like She-Ra is a DreamWorks Netflix original, or is that the usual for Netflix originals? I won't say that I always got what I wanted with the show, but usually something that I did not know that I wanted, kind of like a point of view I was not too familiar with. Also, the show can be totally beautiful or adorable, and the opening song is just the best. Look forward to the second season soon.

Also cool to see another kids show that seems so open with queerness.

Starlight2001

29 May 2020, 5:21 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Starlight2001 wrote:
@Bradleigh How do you make that bar at the top of your post? The one that starts "Starlight2001 wrote." I've only been using this site for 11 days. It seems that's easier to notice than looking for an @ like I just did.

It is a tab on the top right of posts, it creates a reply that already has what was in that post, with the poster's name. When also writing a post you can also click the 5th tab on top of the textbox to include another quote if you don't want to write out the formulae and next to the first quote write ="person".

I have siblings who have watched Ladybug, and it did look a little on the younger side. Granted, one of the last cartoon series I watched was the Sonic Boom series... and then the one I watched before She-Ra was Bojack Horseman, which I needed a break after.

Also, just watched the 9th episode of season 4 of Rick and Morty. Kind of felt like a particular episode that just said everyone sucks.

I'm testing what you told me about the replies. I hope this comes out right.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 11:56 pm

Just watched some of the new Star Trek Picard and its pretty good.

Starlight2001

30 May 2020, 9:08 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Just watched some of the new Star Trek Picard and its pretty good.

I've seen the whole first season. I liked it. I think it's better than Discovery though I'm looking forward to the next seasons for both of them.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 9:17 am

Just watched Kipo And The Age of Wonderbeasts Season 2, and I thought it was even more amazing than the first season, which was a tall order after finishing the first season recently enough while also considering rewatching in feeling a lack of patience in waiting. I just love how the series is all about empathy, without being too wishy washy, and had real moments that made me feel surprised. Especially it feels in regards to one character in particular that I thought there was little chance to make me feel for, but actually worked. And foreshadowing from the first season that I never noticed at the time, but don't feel like it came out of nowhere.

I could really see myself watching it all again before whenever the third season might come out. Really recommend it to others.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 5:38 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Just watched Kipo And The Age of Wonderbeasts Season 2, and I thought it was even more amazing than the first season, which was a tall order after finishing the first season recently enough while also considering rewatching in feeling a lack of patience in waiting. I just love how the series is all about empathy, without being too wishy washy, and had real moments that made me feel surprised. Especially it feels in regards to one character in particular that I thought there was little chance to make me feel for, but actually worked. And foreshadowing from the first season that I never noticed at the time, but don't feel like it came out of nowhere.

I could really see myself watching it all again before whenever the third season might come out. Really recommend it to others.

Wow! Thanks for the tip, getting that now. That looks amazing based on the Wikipedia page, and your endorsement seals the deal.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm

South park

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 3:56 am

Magna wrote:

Already have the Catherine Tate show, all three seasons. Excellent. Plan to watch it again soon...