Page 256 of 414 [ 6612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259 ... 414  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 5:41 pm

Last night's season finale episode of Call The Midwife.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 9:38 pm

The season finale of American Idol. I was kinda pissed that, throughout the entire 3 hour runtime, they never bothered to announce the audition cities for the next season.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 10:24 pm

Supergirl (finale).
The Big Bang Theory (finale).

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 2:21 am

treefiddy wrote:
treefiddy wrote:
EzraS wrote:
GOT.

The dragon ending up as king of the iron throne was a surprising twist ending.

Please tell me you're joking :lol: I am yet to watch it. At first I was like "omg is that a spoiler?!" it's too ridiculous to be true... but is it though? considering everything that's happened this season...

Ok, I just watched it :/ and I kinda almost wish this happened instead ^

I was going to say based on overall opinions it couldn't have been any worse.

Personally I was alright with it, but I know that I'm in the minority and I understand why.

I often find the ending of things anticlimactic compared to the tension building up to the end. Based on that and GRRM saying way ahead of time the ending would be bittersweet I wasn't expecting much.

It seems thogh with earlier seaons I watch clips for the dialogue. This last seaon I'm only watching clips for the visuals.

treefiddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2019, 5:30 am

EzraS wrote:

Personally I was alright with it, but I know that I'm in the minority and I understand why.

I often find the ending of things anticlimactic compared to the tension building up to the end. Based on that and GRRM saying way ahead of time the ending would be bittersweet I wasn't expecting much.

It seems thogh with earlier seaons I watch clips for the dialogue. This last seaon I'm only watching clips for the visuals.

In all seriousness my problem with it isn't so much due to what happened but how it happened. I agree - don't think it needed to have an epic climax, but it should have been graceful and it wasn't; it stumbled. The dialogue was awful and so much of the storytelling was awkward af. This massive, meaningful thing happens and then it just cuts to a really casual scene where Davos says "Torgo Nudho...am I pronouncing that right?" who tf wrote that?! I'm all for that kinda realism, but not following the death of one of the main characters in the last episode of the last season of an epic fantasy!! Maybe I'm just being too critical, whatever
but I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. There were some things I enjoyed about it too.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 8:44 am

treefiddy wrote:
In all seriousness my problem with it isn't so much due to what happened but how it happened.

This all the way. I'll avoid spoiling for the sake of people who haven't seen it yet, but this entire season had all the male characters turn into idiots, and all the female characters basically becoming the same character. From what I hear, the writers had some disagreement with G.R.R. Martin, and he's no longer contributing to the writing, and my Dog does it show. The signs were always there, but it's like they realized in the last two episodes how little time they had left, and just skipped over all the remaining build-up that was needed and instead ramped it up to 11 for the sake of the climax.

And also, exactly which tactical manual was followed during the battle of Winterfell? It's like a literal conga-line of blunders.

treefiddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2019, 9:45 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
all the male characters turn into idiots, and all the female characters basically becoming the same character.

Yes

Wolfram87 wrote:
they realized in the last two episodes how little time they had left

but that scene with Tyrion straightening chairs was essential :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 3:19 pm

Last night's episode of The Code.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 8:24 pm

Chernobyl — first 3 episodes

Best TV I’ve seen in a long time. Episode 1 especially. Lots of vomit. I like it. What a brilliant start to a series. My heart was pounding from the suspense, and that never happens while I watch a TV show. I also appreciate the producer’s podcast on YouTube, explaining how they try to stay close to history, but are honest about where they took creative liberties. When I re-watch the episodes, I find little details I either didn’t see or thought was meaningless before. I’m kind of sad there will only be two more episodes.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 8:46 pm

treefiddy wrote:
EzraS wrote:

In all seriousness my problem with it isn't so much due to what happened but how it happened. I agree - don't think it needed to have an epic climax, but it should have been graceful and it wasn't; it stumbled. The dialogue was awful and so much of the storytelling was awkward af. This massive, meaningful thing happens and then it just cuts to a really casual scene where Davos says "Torgo Nudho...am I pronouncing that right?" who tf wrote that?! I'm all for that kinda realism, but not following the death of one of the main characters in the last episode of the last season of an epic fantasy!! Maybe I'm just being too critical, whatever
but I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. There were some things I enjoyed about it too.

I wouldn't say I enjoyed it I was just alright with it. The dragon scenes were really cool which is about the highest praise I can give.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 1:32 pm

Last night's season finale episode of NCIS.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 3:41 pm

Tosh.0.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2019, 3:43 pm

The pilot episode of Blood & Treasure.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:05 pm

treefiddy wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
all the male characters turn into idiots, and all the female characters basically becoming the same character.

Yes

Wolfram87 wrote:
they realized in the last two episodes how little time they had left

but that scene with Tyrion straightening chairs was essential :lol:

Find a clip?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 6:06 pm

For Game of Thrones watchers

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 11:51 am

Better Call Saul Season 4 Episode 1.