Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2011, 1:12 am

I just got myself Netflix for my birthday LOL Bored at work. Any must see instant streaming movies that anyone can recommend?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 1:38 am

Just start browsing. There's plenty of great stuff available.

I wanted to get streaming movies, but the fine print told me that I needed an unlimited subscription. F that.

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2011, 1:43 am

I got the streaming and one dvd at a time for $9.99 a month. As much money as a pay on late fees for dvd rentals, it seemed to make sense to pay that to keep them as long as I need and be able to watch some stuff online. I just paid $3.20 earlier for turning in my movies from Redbox late. LOL This is much easier.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:03 am

Okay, I think I'm confused. I have the one DVD at a time plan. I only recently got broadband internet, so I never looked into streaming until recently. I read in an advertisement that you needed an unlimited plan to get streaming, but now I remember that was for the box that you can hook up to your TV. So do you get unlimited streaming on the computer if you have the $10/month, one DVD at a time plan? I need to pay more attention.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:03 am

Why kinds of movies do you like Shadow?

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:06 am

I guess there's May and Max if you have not watched it... then there's pay it forward

I watch a lot of TV shows on netflix...

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2011, 2:33 am

Jory wrote:
Okay, I think I'm confused. I have the one DVD at a time plan. I only recently got broadband internet, so I never looked into streaming until recently. I read in an advertisement that you needed an unlimited plan to get streaming, but now I remember that was for the box that you can hook up to your TV. So do you get unlimited streaming on the computer if you have the $10/month, one DVD at a time plan? I need to pay more attention.

I get it on the computer. Look in your account settings on there. It should say this: Starting on Jul 24, 2011, you will begin the 1 DVD out at-a-time (Unlimited) plan with unlimited time to watch instantly.

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2011, 2:36 am

thewrll wrote:
Why kinds of movies do you like Shadow?

I'm not really picky. I am very into movies about psychological stuff though. The deeper the better, though I have my comedy moments, too.

Pree10shun, I was looking at May and Max. Thanks. I've already seen Pay It Forward. Loved it.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:40 am

Alright. Now I feel like a tool.

Anyway. Recommendations. I'm not sure what you're into, but to make a totally random recommendation off the top of my head, the new BBC show "Sherlock" is pretty terrific.

If you rate the movies you watch, Netflix will end up giving you some pretty good recommendations.

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2011, 2:45 am

Jory wrote:
Alright. Now I feel like a tool.

Anyway. Recommendations. I'm not sure what you're into, but to make a totally random recommendation off the top of my head, the new BBC show "Sherlock" is pretty terrific.

If you rate the movies you watch, Netflix will end up giving you some pretty good recommendations.

Aw, don't feel like that!! ! You're so not a tool. I've done ratings, but I think I rated too much and now it's giving me all kinds of irrelevant crap that doesn't interest me at all HAHA Just because I like one movie, I think it's assuming I'll like everything in a certain subgenre. LOL

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:51 am

Right now the Netflix homepage is recommending "Insomnia" for me to watch instantly. It's a great movie, and I'd recommend it since you said you're into psychological stuff. They're also recommending "The Pledge" and "La Femme Nikita," which I can also say are good.

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 3:08 am

Watch Parks and Recreation, its really funny and is kind of like the Office.

If u like zombie movies there is a surprisingly decent one in Mutant Zombies from the Hood....I know the title just makes u think its terrible before u even see it but I thought for the budget if had it was excellent. Cops, a black gang and a chinese gang have to team up to survive.

Also 14 seasons of South Park are up there......Aliens, The Fellowship of the Ring....there are a lot of pretty good movies and shows on Netflicks.

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2011, 3:34 am

Thanks! Got them in my queue. :)

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 6:14 am

Every episode of the "Terminator" television series is available on Netflix Instant viewing. The recent 2009 "Star Trek" movie is available for streaming too.

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2011, 7:34 am

I am watching through Doctor Who on Netflix. Movies I have recently watched are surrogates, Kick Ass and Scream

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 11:38 am

shadowchyld wrote:
I just got myself Netflix for my birthday LOL Bored at work. Any must see instant streaming movies that anyone can recommend?

The Man from Earth is first id recommend.

Netflix has many tv series that were not aired on US tv (or were but on premium cable networks). Pillars of the Earth is an excellent series.

The Colour of Magic (british comedy.. cant beat that!)

You can also look into oldie movies.. The Gods must be Crazy you really need to watch.

Foreign Movies section is also full of amazing films.
Iphigenia is a great movie if you're into historical drama.
The Price of Milk is an awesome New Zealand movie..half comedy half love story/drama.
...and many others.

You also have access to National Geographic and Nova documentaries. I spend hours watching those. Collapse is the last one I watched and its quite impressive.