Doug Walker's take on the Transformers trilogy

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 10:12 am

Doug Walker AKA The Nostalgia Critic just gave his opinion on DOTM. He mentions that he likes the first movie and ROTF was not that good but he didn't hate it. DOTM however to him was considered boring and apparently says that all three movie are basically repeatative. It understandable why people like him hate these movies but personally I , who is a fan of The Nostalgia Critic like the movies, the first one and the third. The second is really stupid but watchable. I kinda feel like I'm betraying him and I also feel like "Hey, if I like this guy then how come I don't agree with most of the things he says about movies I like but he hates".

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 10:35 am

Dude. Lighten up. Betraying? Come on. I'm an NC fan, and I can't stand any of the two first Transformers movies (haven't seen the third, nor do I plan to unless there'll be a Rifftrax commentary), and I don't particularly understand what quality Doug sees in them, but I have no problem with the fact that he thinks they're okay. I also disagree with him about District 9, and am not sure he even knows what people mean when they say he doesn't get it (he seems to think it's supposed to be metaphor, when it's clearly dramatic social satire, which is a completely different thing). Still I have no problem with him having the opinion he has - it's subjective - and I still think he's one of the best review-based entertainers on the web.

Hell, I made the theme song for Atop the Fourth Wall, and I frequently disagree with Linkara about various things (for example, Preacher is one of the best comics I've ever read, while he didn't like it at all), but I respect his opinion and think he's a good entertainer and well worthy of having me sing at the top of his show.

TGWTG is all about entertainment. You don't have to agree with everything in order to not feel like a quisling.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

I guess it's kinda like watching The Simpsons. The Simpsons to me is the greatest TV show ever made, but now and then they usually make a few bad episodes and have a few lame jokes e.g. Homer's constant saying of "Mood Swings" is kinda annoying but it doesn't mean that I hate The Simpsons, just that one scene. In the case of the Nostalgia Critic, his review of Transformers 3. I do agree with a few of the things he says about the movie but I still think the movie is fricking awesome. Take Linkara for example, he likes Power Rangers and NC doesn't, but their still friends and most likely respect each other on their opinions.