Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

I haven't seen the movie yet but from what I've heard it isn't that good. I am ever so pissed. I'm not really a Green Lantern fan because I've never read the comics books but I love superheroes non the less. I guess this would make Green Lantern no longer one of my top 10 superheroes. I'm still gonna go see it though just to put my mind at ease. I'll probably like it but not that much. I guess it might be on the same level as say Iron Man 2, which at first I thought wasn't really that good of a movie but now that I look back it wasn't that bad, but still not as good as the first movie which I like alot. I hope Captain America will be good.

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jun 2011, 10:59 am

I hope it is good as I have tickets to the early screening tonight. I have heard some negative buzz though but I think it will be alright. After I see it I will share my thoughts on it.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 12:28 pm

Green Lantern doesn't remotely interest me, and Ryan Reynolds is not even that great an actor. Judging by the lacklustre trailer, it looks like DC's newest film will bomb. As for Captain America, it will take some effort to topple X Men: First Class, which was fantastic.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

Don't listen to the critics. The critics didn't like the Alice in Wonderland movie that came out last year, but that is one of my top favorite movies of all time. Just because the critics dislike something doesn't mean you will dislike it too.

So go watch Green Lantern and have fun! :)

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 4:52 pm

I suppose it won't be that bad. I just hope it won't be somewhere on the levels of say Revenge of the Fallen or The Last Airbender(which I've never seen). It has to be at least an Iron Man 2.

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2011, 10:17 pm

GL is one of my favorite comic heroes, so I'll go see the movie this weekend. But my enthusiasm has definitely suffered after reading IGN's review:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1175316p1.html

"Last summer gave us the DC bomb that was Jonah Hex and this summer offers the colossal disappointment that is Green Lantern. The epitome of spectacle over substance, Green Lantern is a cosmic mess and a huge letdown given the source material it had to draw from. Indeed, X-Men: The Last Stand and Wolverine are better than Green Lantern. "

That hurts.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 2:58 am

That's too bad if it's as bad as all the buzz about it says. My wife, who is a DC fan, really wants to catch this movie, regardless; which means I'll be seeing it with her.
For me personally, though, MAKE MINE MARVEL!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2011, 7:56 am

I enjoyed it. It was a really fun summer movie. I think my only disappointment was the lack of character development for the rest of GL Corps. It was fun though and my wide who thought it wasn't going to be very good really enjoyed it.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 8:18 am

neerdowell wrote:
I enjoyed it. It was a really fun summer movie. I think my only disappointment was the lack of character development for the rest of GL Corps. It was fun though and my wide who thought it wasn't going to be very good really enjoyed it.

Man... I don't know. After the bad review from IGN I was thinking of waiting to see this on netflix. I might take a chance. I just really hate going to the cinema and rewarding the suits for churning out crap.

PS

Quote:
It was fun though and my wide who thought it wasn't going to be very good really enjoyed it.

That's one hell of a dangerous typo, dude... :lol:

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2011, 8:59 am

That is a terrible typo. Teaches me for using my iPhone to post and not previewing my post.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 1:54 pm

Never listen to the critics. The critics thought Star Wars sucked. (When it first came out, the average review rating was one star.) They thought Ang Lee's Hulk (you know, the one with the Hulked-out poodles, and the Hulk becoming a forty-foot-tall giant when he was attacked) was the greatest superhero movie ever. Professional critics know nothing.

If you're not sure from previews whether or not you want to see the movie, give it about a week, and see what the geek press has to say about it (especially the webcomic artists who maintain blogs - I particularly endorse the recommendations of Howard Tayler, creator of Schlock Mercenary).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 2:01 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Never listen to the critics. The critics thought Star Wars sucked. (When it first came out, the average review rating was one star.) They thought Ang Lee's Hulk (you know, the one with the Hulked-out poodles, and the Hulk becoming a forty-foot-tall giant when he was attacked) was the greatest superhero movie ever. Professional critics know nothing.

If you're not sure from previews whether or not you want to see the movie, give it about a week, and see what the geek press has to say about it (especially the webcomic artists who maintain blogs - I particularly endorse the recommendations of Howard Tayler, creator of Schlock Mercenary).

All true (with the exception of the Ang Lee Hulk :P), but you have to take that rule with a grain of salt. Years ago, a friend decided we should only see movies that the critics hated. We ended up seeing really sh***y movies, and he implored me never to let him pick a movie again.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

I didn't think it was gonna be that bad. Still to get it out of my system I will go see it tommorow.

sealion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jun 2011, 3:58 pm

Not a huge dc fan. Although batman is pretty cool.

-Hippocrates

http://www.loselegfat123.blogspot.com

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

I will be honest I think Marvel is probably better than DC. Mostly because they have better movies, but what really got me into DC was the Justice league cartoon series. Before I saw that series I never heard of Green Lantern, Flash or Black Canery, but now I do. Batman is the better than any DC or Marvel superhero.

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jun 2011, 5:16 pm

I am a huge DC comic fan. I love there books for the most part but I do think Marvel makes better movies. I enjoyed Green Lantern but I think the marvel movies this summer are better so far and I am still waiting for Captain America.