Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2006, 11:17 pm

Tonight I was kinda bored, wanted to have a semi-quiet night. So I went to the store, got a liter of Smirnoff, a 12 pack of Code Red, and some orange juice and decided to pick up a movie. Since I've had some TI cd's for a while I'd been a little curious about ATL but never picked it up just because, a lot of 'rap' movies like Soul Plane or bad experiences like Bones just made me think it was flaky and corny stuff (aside from Belly, I'll love that one forever). One of the guys at work did say he saw it, thought it was interesting, so I thought "huh, maybe I'll give it a shot".

It might not be down everyone's alley, just that I'd say to anyone who's actually into TI or open-minded to stuff like this its at least worth a watch sometime whether you do Netflix or have Pay Per View. Reason being it starts off being pretty funny, gets into a little bit of drama but they still keep it light and its really not that bad on the cheese. What does seem real about it though is it doesn't seem exaggerated, certain elements (aka. like the rich girl and one kid trying to get into an Ivy League school) seems like a bit of a highschool movie cliche but other than that its actually halfway decent and pretty well reflective.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 9:58 am

wtf are u talkign about..a movie?

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 2:43 pm

donkey wrote:
wtf are u talkign about..a movie?

Yeah it's a movie starring the rapper TI. My mom wants to watch it as a family movie, but my dad really doesn't like him. He's run into him a few times at the airport, and evidently TI acted like a fool there.