Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 3:31 am

Rocky wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I love the show. It's important to us Aspies to have a positive face for our condition on TV, and to be able to laugh at ourselves at the same time. We have both in Sheldon.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Well said! When I first encountered the show while changing channels, I assumed that it would be a sitcom version of "Revenge of the Nerds." Later, I read about the series here on WP. I have been hooked ever since I gave it a real chance.

8)

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 1:42 pm

Note to Sheldon.... Never take the phrase "It's not what it looks like" at face value. Always be skeptical when someone says it.

mvaughn32
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Oct 2011, 12:04 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else get annoyed when NT's watch the show and laugh about it, but you know they don't get it. It feels like they're laughing AT us.

I have to watch it alone now.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 12:20 am

mvaughn32 wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else get annoyed when NT's watch the show and laugh about it, but you know they don't get it. It feels like they're laughing AT us.

I have to watch it alone now.

I've never had that thought. As I've stated before, Sheldon, and now Amy Farrah Fowler, put a positive face on Asperger's. It's better to inspire laughter in NT's than to have them thinking that we're all potential serial killers.