Page 14 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 2:24 pm

All three prisoners who were executed in The Green Mile. Arleen Bitterbuck, Eduard Delacroix, and John Coffy. The first two were genuinenly remourseful for their crimes, and Coffy of course was an innocent.

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2020, 11:05 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Arleen Bitterbuck, Eduard Delacroix, and John Coffy.
Don't forget Paul Edgecomb (the protagonist) himself at the end.

Wish_Caster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2020, 10:34 pm

Jonathan Morgenstern from Mortal Instruments and Luke Castellan from Percy Jackson and on that note Jason Grace.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 10:58 pm

Zarabeth.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 4:45 am

Bill Potts in Doctor Who. Naively enthusiastic new companion discovering the Universe, then boom. Bloody hell, what they put her through was beyond harsh.

Condemning the world to conquest by zombie monks to save the Doctor, for which he thanks her by gaslighting her into shooting him. Then getting abandoned in a Cyber-conversion hospital for several years, with only a disguised Master for company, before being betrayed and Cyber-converted herself. She then dies on a battlefield standing over the Doctor's apparently dead body.

Yeah, I know they give her a happy ending of sorts, but it doesn't feel convincing compared to the horror.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 6:26 pm

Max Zorin , all he wanted to do was to end Microsoft , is that such a bad thing :lol:

Seriously , id say Klove in Scars of Dracula : hes obviously in love with Sarah the blonde girl but he cannot have her due to class differences so even though hes a bad guy you feel a bit sorry for him

People making excuses for Joker , its like a pedo justifying molestation just cuz that person was molested themselves so they get revenge by doing the same. I can agree with Mr Freeze , Penguin or Manbat , those are more sympathetic than Joker imo. But obviously Manbat cant be flying around attacking people ;)

007 AVTAK : SF mayor was prolly in Zorins pocket so he knew people were gonna be killed and most likely knew his mad Silicon Valley scheme and massive amounts of explosives being driven into the Main Strike mine , same with May Days buddies Flex and Pan Ho.....they couldve pulled out after Bonds chaffeur was killed , so no , they werent innocent but aiding and abetting re : city hall fire , at least thats how i see it.

kitten_caboodle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2020, 10:02 am

Charlie Brown and Pigpen. :( :(. All of the John Candy characters. :(

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 10:11 am

Adric, also from Doctor Who.  A mathematical genius whose only failure saved all humanity.

Adric is present when, during the events of Logopolis, the Fourth Doctor falls from the Pharos Project radio telescope and regenerates into his fifth incarnation.  He continues to travel in the TARDIS along with new companions Nyssa and Tegan, but his travels come to an end in Earthshock when he tries to stop a Cyberman-controlled freighter from crashing into Earth.  The navigational controls are locked by logic codes, and Adric is entering the solution to the last code when the computer is destroyed by a dying Cyberman.  He dies in the crash, while his crewmates watch in horror on the TARDIS viewscreen.  His last words before the explosion kills him are "Now I'll never know if I was right".  Adric dies not knowing that the freighter he was trying to stop would become the "meteor" that would wipe out the dinosaurs and lead to the rise of mammals and eventually humans (see Cretaceous -- Paleogene extinction event and Alvarez hypothesis).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 3:35 am

Fnord wrote:
Adric, also from Doctor Who.  A mathematical genius whose only failure saved all humanity.
Adric is present when, during the events of Logopolis, the Fourth Doctor falls from the Pharos Project radio telescope and regenerates into his fifth incarnation.  He continues to travel in the TARDIS along with new companions Nyssa and Tegan, but his travels come to an end in Earthshock when he tries to stop a Cyberman-controlled freighter from crashing into Earth.  The navigational controls are locked by logic codes, and Adric is entering the solution to the last code when the computer is destroyed by a dying Cyberman.  He dies in the crash, while his crewmates watch in horror on the TARDIS viewscreen.  His last words before the explosion kills him are "Now I'll never know if I was right".  Adric dies not knowing that the freighter he was trying to stop would become the "meteor" that would wipe out the dinosaurs and lead to the rise of mammals and eventually humans (see Cretaceous -- Paleogene extinction event and Alvarez hypothesis).

I also feel a bit sorry for the actor! Matthew Waterhouse: huge Doctor Who fan, barely out of his teens, in one of his first roles, and the fans loathed his character for being unbearably irritating. Which may be why he was given a such a heroic role in his last storyline. Personally, I like the character- he's a pretty damn accurate depiction of a bright but clueless teenage boy. Matthew Waterhouse has been remarkably good-humoured about the whole thing.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 6:38 pm

The math genius Joan Leaven and the savant Kazan from the movie Cube.

The cop who lead everyone to get out of the giant cube was an a-hole towards everyone but both
Leaven and Kazan got it the most.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 6:51 am

Rex, the main character in "Dogs of War" by Adrian Tchaikovsky. Damn, I don't normally cry at a book.

Rex just wants to be a Good Dog. Unfortunately, he's a nine-foot-tall military cyborg whose owner keeps using him to commit war crimes. Even after he gets out of that situation, he's left struggling with his newly-acquired free will in a world that regards him as a dangerous monster.

xX0Xx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2020, 6:52 pm

Carrie from the Stephen King horror classic of the same name

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 8:43 pm

:cry:

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 7:46 pm

The Intern 3.5/6 , de Niro trying to fit in with young people , its a bit meh

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm

Nico Robin from One Piece and Gaara of the Sand from Naruto. Everytime they show flashbacks of these two it makes me tear up. I just want to bake them some warm cookies and give chibi Gaara and Robin a hug.

I know they both find friends and a loyal family. But they both have a nervousness and fear that their place to belong will be taken from them and they'll end up utterly alone and abused again. :cry:

Also, I totally agree about Carrie. I always saw the movie as sad instead of horror.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

02 Nov 2022, 6:19 pm

Wobbuffet wrote:
I feel really sorry for Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. She's a really nice person, but Haruhi treats her as less than human a lot of the time. I found some of it really uncomfortable.

Having never seen the show, I feel sorry for the character that her name is Mikuru