Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RomanReigns
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jul 2018, 5:07 pm

I'd love to get to know those that do as we can have something in common to talk about which makes things easier for me :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 12:08 am

I've been watching it way back when it was still called the WWF! I was in my middle school years when I started watching, just before the first Wrestlemania. Back in those days, everyone said their favorite wrestler was Hulk Hogan, but secretly loved Rowdy Roddy Piper. My dad had been an old time wrestling fan, and so he eagerly watched with me. Today I'm still a fan. In fact, my family and I are watching it even as I type this. Today, the guy I root for the most is The Monster Among Men, Braun Strowman.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 9:34 am

I freaking love wrestling and so do my parents and siblings. My dad has been watching wrestling since the 60's. He loves Andre the Giant. My mom loves Nikolai Volkoff and the Iron Shiek. My siblings and I love pretty much most of the wrestlers. Raw was good last night.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 11:05 am

Sadly, we just lost Volkoff and Jerry Lawler's son, Brian Christopher.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 12:38 pm

I used to when I was younger, but not anymore.

Without John Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, WWE is not as entertaining as it used to be.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 5:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I've been watching it way back when it was still called the WWF!

Same here.

I really didn't like the Attitude era, and started watching a lot more WCW. Towards the end, I was almost exclusively watching WCW...and then WWF bought them and buried them :cry:

I tried watching it again in 2004, and maybe a time or two since then, but I just can't get into the post-Attitude "extreme soaps" stuff :roll:

At least we still have VHS B) I need to sit down with some of my Wrestlemania tapes one of these days. Lots of great memories of renting those back in the day.

ladyelaine wrote:
I freaking love wrestling and so do my parents and siblings.

Oh yeah, I think we were talking about that in a completely unrelated thread, not too long ago =)

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 6:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

It's so sad that they are gone. They were great wrestlers.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 6:11 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I've been watching it way back when it was still called the WWF!

Same here.

I really didn't like the Attitude era, and started watching a lot more WCW. Towards the end, I was almost exclusively watching WCW...and then WWF bought them and buried them :cry:

I tried watching it again in 2004, and maybe a time or two since then, but I just can't get into the post-Attitude "extreme soaps" stuff :roll:

At least we still have VHS B) I need to sit down with some of my Wrestlemania tapes one of these days. Lots of great memories of renting those back in the day.

ladyelaine wrote:
I freaking love wrestling and so do my parents and siblings.

Oh yeah, I think we were talking about that in a completely unrelated thread, not too long ago =)

I remember when the WWE was WWF. I remember talking about wrestling in another thread too.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 6:13 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I used to when I was younger, but not anymore.

Without John Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, WWE is not as entertaining as it used to be.

I loved John Cena's thuganomics gimmick. I loved it when The Rock totally roasted Vickie Guerrero.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 6:25 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I've been watching it way back when it was still called the WWF! I was in my middle school years when I started watching, just before the first Wrestlemania. Back in those days, everyone said their favorite wrestler was Hulk Hogan, but secretly loved Rowdy Roddy Piper. My dad had been an old time wrestling fan, and so he eagerly watched with me. Today I'm still a fan. In fact, my family and I are watching it even as I type this. Today, the guy I root for the most is The Monster Among Men, Braun Strowman.

I love Rowdy Roddy Piper and Eddie Guerrero. I miss them so much. The current wrestlers that I like are Braun Strowman, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, Rusev, Bray Wyatt, Matt Hardy, the Blugeon Brothers, and Kevin Owens. My mom likes Apollo Crews. My dad likes all the current wrestlers and so my siblings. My sister loved Eugene when she was a kid. My brother loved Evolution and Kurt Angle when he was a kid. I am pumped for Smackdown tonight.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 9:04 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
I remember talking about wrestling in another thread too.

Yeah, I thought it was weird because I just casually mentioned Owen Hart in your thread about Robin Williams, I didn't know you were into wrestling.

I had a friend when I was younger, and whenever I spent the night at his house, we would usually rent videogames and a Wrestlemania tape. Good times 8)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 9:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Yeah, I saw that the other day =(

I never really cared for his angle (Brian), but it's still sad.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 10:40 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:
I remember talking about wrestling in another thread too.

Yeah, I thought it was weird because I just casually mentioned Owen Hart in your thread about Robin Williams, I didn't know you were into wrestling.

I had a friend when I was younger, and whenever I spent the night at his house, we would usually rent videogames and a Wrestlemania tape. Good times 8)

Owen Hart and Robin Williams were both great men who lost their lives too soon. We were talking about deaths that were really hard on us. Both of those men's deaths were sad for us.

I grew up on wrestling. Some families like NASCAR. My family likes wrestling. I remember when my brother invited his friend to watch WrestleMania 23 at our house. That was the first WrestleMania that my siblings and I got to watch because ppvs were crazy expensive before the wwe network was around. We loved watching Donald Trump shave Vince McMahon bald.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 3:51 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
I grew up on wrestling. Some families like NASCAR. My family likes wrestling. I remember when my brother invited his friend to watch WrestleMania 23 at our house. That was the first WrestleMania that my siblings and I got to watch...

My parents weren't into wrestling, but all of our friends were. The 80s and early 90s were a great time to be a kid who liked wrestling. The Attitude era tried to make everything a lot more adult oriented.

My dad was into football, but we never really were. My uncle got him into NASCAR much later.

The first WrestleMania we rented was probably the very first one, and I think the last one we watched was XIII.

There was a game for the NES called Pro Wrestling that was really great, we always laughed ourselves silly over it. It's a little primitive today, but I still love it. We also played the Acclaim games for SNES (like RAW), but the gameplay is mostly "see who can press the button the fastest". And of course, the Asmik/AKI wrestling games for N64 were the best ever.

I don't know if you like anime, but there's one from the 80s that's all superhero wrestlers, called Kinnikuman. We had all the MUSCLE figures when we were kids, but the anime itself has never been localized. I have a bunch of fan subs of it, and it's pretty fantastic.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 5:16 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:
I grew up on wrestling. Some families like NASCAR. My family likes wrestling. I remember when my brother invited his friend to watch WrestleMania 23 at our house. That was the first WrestleMania that my siblings and I got to watch...

My parents weren't into wrestling, but all of our friends were. The 80s and early 90s were a great time to be a kid who liked wrestling. The Attitude era tried to make everything a lot more adult oriented.

My dad was into football, but we never really were. My uncle got him into NASCAR much later.

The first WrestleMania we rented was probably the very first one, and I think the last one we watched was XIII.

There was a game for the NES called Pro Wrestling that was really great, we always laughed ourselves silly over it. It's a little primitive today, but I still love it. We also played the Acclaim games for SNES (like RAW), but the gameplay is mostly "see who can press the button the fastest". And of course, the Asmik/AKI wrestling games for N64 were the best ever.

I don't know if you like anime, but there's one from the 80s that's all superhero wrestlers, called Kinnikuman. We had all the MUSCLE figures when we were kids, but the anime itself has never been localized. I have a bunch of fan subs of it, and it's pretty fantastic.

My dad went to the first WrestleMania. He took my mom to the second WrestleMania.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 8:13 pm

Sounds like one heck of a date night =)

It would be cool to be able to watch those tapes and point yourself out in the crowd.