Anyone feels that hardcore GoT fans never....

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 1:35 am

...watched or read "Fantasy Worlds/Universe", or watched "fantasy world' animes genre before or never played epic RPGs?

I mean they keep telling me that Game of Thrones is a world by itself, with different cultures, kingdoms, languages, history .....etc

I mean, yeah, it's very well written/filmed, but the concept of "Having its own world/cultures/languages" is never new , The Lord of The Rings (especially the books) is an entire world/history saga having its own languages as well too, Star Trek as well if we wanna go scifi too. Many epic RPG games had such rich history and unimaginable worlds , many manga/anime had such narratives as well like Naruto, Valerian et Laureline and Attack on Titan.

I feel that most GoT fans were mainstream audience who never digged into LoT/Animes/RPGs before in their life, but for some reason GoT could reach the mainstream audience and when they saw it for the first time they were like wow. Obviously they've never seen something like it before. But to me, its epicness is nothing really new.

The Avatar movie's fans felt the same to me too, they obviously never played anything Warhammer before.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 10:56 am

It is a world by itself, just like every other fantasy either almost epic or epic in scope. Don't know why you have a problem with this. Also I can't stand Lord Of The Rings and Lord Of The Rings wasn't even the first. It took it's ideas from somewhere else as well.