Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 11:45 pm

Anybody else here like it? It's one of my favorites at the moment.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 12:23 am

You could say I'm a huge fan (to put it mildly). I'm usually less than impressed with TV Shows, but for some reason, I like this one.

The first two seasons are flawless. I'm not sure where they're going in this season. They're flirting with pathos a bit and I'm not sure if I like it.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 12:53 am

It strikes me as a show for women/gay guys.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:49 am

deconstruction wrote:
You could say I'm a huge fan (to put it mildly). I'm usually less than impressed with TV Shows, but for some reason, I like this one.

The first two seasons are flawless. I'm not sure where they're going in this season. They're flirting with pathos a bit and I'm not sure if I like it.

Have you seen "Barny's Blog" on the internet? It's hilarious. You can Google it. They also have the fake websites set up that were talked about, like "TedMosbyIsAJerk.com" etc. I believe Wikipedia lists the fake websites associated with the show and has links.

I believe my daughter has all the seasons of it either on DVD or downloaded.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 8:41 pm

Yes, I've seen all those websites. They're hilarious.

I have all the seasons, but I think the first two were flawless. I don't know why I like this show so much. I guess it's because of the way they tell the story, with all those different angles, unreliable narrator and all.

I know many people watch because of Barney, and while I like NPH, I think his character is just part of the appeal. I don't know why everybody hates Ted.

Some people are so focused on the identity of the mother but I'm not really interested in it, though I don't like that they mention that part of the story that much anymore. I know many fans dislike Ted, but it's his story so I think they should get back that on track.

How many future seasons are planned? Will the 7th be the last?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 8:43 am

I'm hoping the show ends soon.

Frankly, they seem to be running out of steam trying to find new plots for the episodes. It was great for a while, now it's starting to get sad.

Just show us how Ted meets his wife and let it end.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 9:38 am

zer0netgain wrote:
Just show us how Ted meets his wife and let it end.

I think the wife might be Barney's sister or Ted's perfect match.

I agree, they're running out of steam lately. But they've managed to stay fresh for much longer than the average TV show.