What do you prefer, X Factor or American Idol?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

I prefer American Idol as if features one of my favorite singers , Jennifer Lopez as a judge and American Idol is made by Simon Fuller, the man who made one of my favorite pop bands S Club 7.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 11:37 am

Frankly I don't like either one. I'm probably not the usual case though. I just find all reality tv to be idiotic. I genuinely don't care about what happens to the people on those shows.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 12:07 pm

Neither! Though Steve Tyler as a judge on American Idol, that's pretty cool 8)

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

None. I dislike the very concept of both shows and how they humilliate people.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

I dislike both in equal measure. I much prefer Ilka's avatar. Nice Totoro.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 1:22 pm

I want X Factor to disappear from TV ASAP. It's killing the music industry by allowing conveyor belt clones an easy route to the Xmas Number 1.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 1:26 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
I want X Factor to disappear from TV ASAP. It's killing the music industry by allowing conveyor belt clones an easy route to the Xmas Number 1.

What about American Idol?

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 1:53 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:

I don't watch it, hence i can't comment. That's a different format to the X Factor, which i utterly despise. The music industry is being bogged down by soulless, talentless manufactured clones who are pushed to the top spot in the charts, and then forgotten several months later. All because Simon Cowell - the devil incarnate - wants to make money off of them.

The UK has produced classic bands like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Venom, Saxon, The Prodigy, Massive Attack, Oasis, Blur and Kasabian.

Now we seem to exalt shallow and banal popstars like Jedward *vomit", Cher Lloyd *vomit* and JLS *vomits harder*.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 1:56 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:

I don't watch it, hence i can't comment. That's a different format to the X Factor, which i utterly despise. The music industry is being bogged down by soulless, talentless manufactured clones who are pushed to the top spot in the charts, and then forgotten several months later. All because Simon Cowell - the devil incarnate - wants to make money off of them.

The UK has produced classic bands like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Venom, Saxon, The Prodigy, Massive Attack, Oasis, Blur and Kasabian.

Now we seem to exalt shallow and banal popstars like Jedward *vomit", Cher Lloyd *vomit* and JLS *vomits harder*.

I have not seen American idol, but If J Lo is going to be a judge again in the newt season I will watch It.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 2:10 pm

Fair enough, i just want the X Factor to die on it's a**e so proper musicians can thrive.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Fair enough, i just want the X Factor to die on it's a**e so proper musicians can thrive.

I think both Talented and talentless should coexist with each other. I am really tolerant with all kinds of music, unless it is not Neo Nazi Skinhead music or other music that produces religious or racial hatred.

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

I don't really watch either but apparently there's going to be a Canadian version of America's got talent. I wonder who'll be dubbed the Canadian Simon this time around.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 8:10 pm

Orr wrote:
I dislike both in equal measure. I much prefer Ilka's avatar. Nice Totoro.

Thank you. It is a wallpaper I downloaded. I have several Totoro wallpapers. I just love the character. I am a fan of Miyazaki's movies. We were just watching Porco Rosso. :)

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

I only like the American Idol auditions they`re hilarious!

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 1:45 am

I couldn't possibly decide. They both produce the cream of the crop that is the music industry. Actually, I think I would have to go with American Idol, since they bestowed upon the world this wonderful song:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbfxNoYxMhI[/youtube]

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 7:12 am

I hate to point out the obvious... but doesn't it seem like the X-Factor was only created to get rid of Randy Jackson? Simon and Paula are back together...

All they had to do was change the rules of American Idol to give a bigger winning purse, allow younger ages and groups, how bad would that have been? Might have cost less recycling an old show like that vs making the new one.

I do like JLo and Steve Tyler on American Idol, but are they coming back next season? Seems like all Mr Jackson has to say as feedback is "Dude, dog!!"

As for the Factor I really like LA Reid and Nicole Scherzinger, they don't put up with crap from Simon and they actually give constructive criticism. Only thing is four judges... they complained about the time it took up on American Idol when they couldn't shake Kara DioGuardi (didn't like her at all - ego!) once they realized it didn't work. Don't like the 'host' of Factor either - not exactly likable enough to be a host IMO and the editors of the show must agree as he had hardly ever been on before the live show, don't even remember his name. Hate to be blunt but it's true. Not a big fan of Ryan Seacrest either, but I don't dislike him.. much. lol He's put his foot in his mouth a few times, but eh. He's Ryan.

Not a huge fan of either show, but I watch them when nothing else is on.

My Factor top two picks are Josh KraJcik and Drew Ryniewicz. My best of luck wishes go out to both of them.