Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 7:21 pm

Deb walks in on Dex killing Travis, sees the plastic wrap and equipment and realizes he's the Bay Harbor Butcher. Also Dexter injects himself with an empty needle and pretends to pass out so he can attack Travis and save Harrison in an ret*d Deux Ex Machina moment. Also no major Louis developments : (.

You're welcome.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 9:04 pm

All in all sounds like a pretty poor series this year.

bergie
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2011, 12:00 am

This entire season was pretty predictable. I called Geller being Travis' imaginary friend after like episode 4. Also, Dexter didn't kill many people this season. There was like a 3 episode dry spell.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 12:21 am

Massive drop in quality this season, none of the character beats make sense.

Would have been a saline needle rather than an empty one, btw.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 12:21 pm

The storytelling is becoming very lazy.

I'm not sure that I minded that Gellar wasn't real. He wasn't particularly interesting anyway. Too bad it was highly predictable.
It also seemed as though most of the side-stories never went anywhere. The new black guy never did anything. Quinn's BS never went anywhere. Brother Sam's story was a waste of time. Nothing became of Jonah's murder.

Was it just me or was Dexter making a LOT of mistakes this season. Like sending a photo of himself (using his own phone) to Travis? Using his own phone to call in anonymous tips? He barely stalked his victims at all, just went straight for them. The biggest let down for me though was probably his escape after Travis locked him in the church basement. He just strolls on over to an unlocked side door(?) and drives away.