Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

Turtles Forever is an animated movie that primarily revolves around the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles of the 2000s cartoon, but with a twist: the Turtles of the 80s cartoon have a prominent guest role, as they enter the 'newer' Turtles world through a dimensional portal. So it's kind of a cross-generational crossover.

I thought it was good old-fashioned fun for viewers of both the 2000s show and the 80s cartoon, although the 80s Turtles (rightfully) are also played for laughs quite a bit. The main POV and viewer sympathy lies with the more modern Turtles, but I think fans fo the earlier cartoon will like the appearances of those characters. There's also plenty of cool action to go around.

For people who've also read the original Eastman and Laird comics, there's a bit of a nice surprise near the end. Anyone seen this film? Liked it, disliked it, indifferent?

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 6:59 pm

I love this movie. Crossovers rule.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 11:18 pm

I liked it, though I don't really like how it's supposed to be 'canon.' Mostly because of the idea of 'Turtle Prime' and everything getting 'undrawn' if the Turtle Prime Turtles died. I wouldn't mind it as a 'what if' story, but that ending theme just creeped me out too much to like it beyond that. :?

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 11:55 am

I just saw it recently and I was pleasently surprised by it. I have absolutely no following of the recent series whatsoever, but I didn't get lost in the storyline since they had just enough material on the newer characters to let us know who they were. It was pretty cool seeing different styles of animation being used simultaniously and those of us who were there for the nostalgia could laugh along at how the old series pokes fun at itself. As for the twist in the third act, not spoiling anything, but I loved it.

I probably won't rush to buy the DVD or start following the newer incarnations of TMNT like I had in the past, but it was an enjoyable trip down memory lane. It's always nice to find a fresh way to look back on the younger years, and this was certainly an effective way of doing so.