Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Trekkie91405
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Inside a room in which only myself and Michael Crawford are allowed... *wink wink*

05 Sep 2006, 10:10 pm

Are you a Trekkie? Then let's talk Trek.

BelaLugosi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2006, 12:52 am

My favorite character is Spock. My Favoite episode is "The Galileo Seven", but all the episodes are great except a couple from the 3rd season. My favorite episodes are the ones where spock's differences from humans play a huge role in the story. I have every episode on DVD. 8)
I still can't figure out whats so attractive about a green woman.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2006, 7:05 am

I was obsessed with Star Trek starting when I was a kid. I'm not into it as much now but I was obliged to buy all the DVDs (except Voyager, which I am only "meh" about). I really like The Original Series. People say it's corny and silly, and the special effects are crap but I like that (except the space effects). My favorite episode is "The Doomsday Machine." I also really like Deep Space Nine also because of it's epic nature.

They are redoing a comprehensive redoing of the effects and CGI for The Original Series! Neat-o!

Trekkie91405
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Inside a room in which only myself and Michael Crawford are allowed... *wink wink*

06 Sep 2006, 9:21 pm

BelaLugosi wrote:
My favorite character is Spock. My Favoite episode is "The Galileo Seven", but all the episodes are great except a couple from the 3rd season. My favorite episodes are the ones where spock's differences from humans play a huge role in the story. I have every episode on DVD. 8)
I still can't figure out whats so attractive about a green woman.

I like Spock, too, and I think he is very sexy.

nightstar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Sep 2006, 5:06 am

I loved Voyager - Janeway as my childhood heroine. Best ever. I aspired to be some mix o her and Seven of Nine.

Looking forward to the new Trek movie... directed by JJ Abrams & Co.! ! Whee... *excited*

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2006, 12:05 pm

I enjoy Star Trek too. Not sure what my favorite series is, but I did like the Data character in Next Generation. The only thing I didn't like about NextGen is they didn't seem to do alot of boldly going where no one has gone before type missions, unlike the original series and later Voyager.

The original Trek wasn't "corny" as some have implied. It was a series that presented some ideas that were at the time different. The episode "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" put the concept of racism on display in a very clever way that actually made the viewer think about their view on that subject.

"A Piece of The Action," an episode about a gangster planet and "Patterns of Force," which dealt with a Nazi planet, showed the consequences of one society interfering in or imposing its will on another, something that we could learn from even today.

Just my opinion.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 9:26 am

DS9 is my favorite! The Trek that dared to be different. :)

I really appreciated the fact that even though with both the main and many recurring characters they ended up with a *massive* cast, nobody (with the possible exception of Jake) was short-changed on development or screentime. In fact, I don't think that any other Trek series paid so much attention to 'minor' characters.

Trekkie91405
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2006, 10:32 pm

Here's a URL to my photobucket...enjoy!

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h26/OverdoseOfSpock

wildthing121675

20 Sep 2006, 12:53 am

I was royally obsessed with Star Trek through the 1990s, I got hooked on it after seeing Star Trek IV, at my aunt's house. I have that movie on DVD, but I have none of the series on DVD, cause those are too damn expensive. So, I just watch the reruns on Spike TV before work.

I didn't like Enterprise though, I thought it sucked. I thought they bent history a bit too much on that show. Enterprise was the worst of the Star Trek spin-offs.

WildThing121675

Trekkie91405
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2006, 12:54 pm

I like ST 4, too.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2006, 5:27 pm

wildthing121675 wrote:
I was royally obsessed with Star Trek through the 1990s, I got hooked on it after seeing Star Trek IV, at my aunt's house. I have that movie on DVD, but I have none of the series on DVD, cause those are too damn expensive. So, I just watch the reruns on Spike TV before work.

I didn't like Enterprise though, I thought it sucked. I thought they bent history a bit too much on that show. Enterprise was the worst of the Star Trek spin-offs.

I was hooked onto Star Trek rather oddly by the very unpopular Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. Actually, I kinda like Star Trek V, if only for the way the "big three" (Kirk, Spock, McCoy) gel together in the film. I'm not a huge fan of Star Trek IV. My favorite Trek films are II, III, VI, and First Contact. My favorite in total is II: The Wrath of Khan. The director's edition of The Motion Picture is a big improvement over the overlong "extended edition" they put out onto video (I never saw the original version, but doubtlessly it was a improvement on that as well; I do wish however they didn't bother "improving" Star Trek II by adding needless scenes cut from the original onto the special edition).

I don't care much for Enterprise either. I consider it a sort of "alternative-history" of Star Trek (alot of people do this ;) pretending canon things in trek they don't like never happened). The third season was pretty good though. Wasn't too surprised to see it cancelled after the fairly weak and repetitive season four though. I'm not to much in anticipation of the "Starfleet Academy" series with Kirk and Spock, ect... either.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 9:25 am

I was a serious trekkie when I was younger, I originally got hooked onto Star Trek, through the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine was my favorite Star Trek series. I have seen a bit of Voyager, The Original Series and only a little of Enterprise. Plus I have seen all the Star Trek films.

In the near future I will go and rewatch the Original Series and whole of the The Next Generation again (well epsiodes which weren't awful, which there were a few ). :oops:

ion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2006, 12:16 pm

I really enjoy Star Trek.
Any series but Enterprise.
I'd have to say that Picard is my favourite captain and Archer is my least favourite.

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 1:37 pm

Major treknut here but not ovrely obsessed. I used to draw my own concept ships as well as existing ones. The Next Generation is my favorite series, II and VI are my favorite movies. The latest shows try too hard and they get too out there in doing that. I wonder when they will make a movie of the same caliber as The Undiscovered Country again? I find that alot of movies got lost in special effects in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 10:58 pm

From the looks of some of those pictures, I should be wondering if he and Lord Elrond Peredhil are distantly related... ;)

The whole concept of StarTrek is very awesome, but I have yet to see even one episode. I have learned about the peoples and characters and must say that Spock and Picard seem to be my favourites.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 3:43 pm

I'm not a major trekkie, but have seen most epsiodes of ST, TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

Anyway, I am surprised no-one has mentioned the episode "Darmok".
I would have figured that 90% of posters around here would choose this as their favourite episode.

It's a great piece of writing; revealing the problem of communication between people of different cultures, but of the same language.

"Sokath, his eyes uncovered."