Good news for those who like Indiana Jones.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Lemmiwinks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Dec 2006, 6:32 am

The 4th Indiana Jones movie will start filming in 2007......now if only we could start Terminator 4.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... OE=LIFISVA

Quote:
'Indiana Jones' to begin filming in 2007
Posted 12/30/2006 3:02 PM ET

BEVERLY HILLS (AP) — George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited Indiana Jones movie will begin next year. Harrison Ford, who appeared in the three earlier flicks, the last one coming in 1989, is set to star again. Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.
"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday's Rose Parade.

Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.

The fourth chapter of the Indiana Jones saga, which will hit theaters in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum.

Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."

"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.

At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth Indiana Jones installment. Ford said he was "fit to continue" to play the title role despite his age.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1984's Temple of Doom and 1989's The Last Crusade.

Lucas praised Ford for breathing life into his character.

"Mostly it's the charm of Harrison that makes it work," he said.

1. If life gives you poop......make poop juice.
2. Living in a Dystopian Future - right now.

SovietChess
Toucan
Toucan

31 Dec 2006, 8:05 am

living in brasil, i have to say i miss the first run movies on the big screen.. the town i live in has only one theater, with two screens, no mega-movieplexes.. on the flip side, shortly after they are relased on dvd i can buy it on the street for a dolar or two.. you can buy the previous three indiana jones films on one dvd for about three bucks..

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2006, 8:21 am

The third was in my favorite. I really hope they don't screw it up.

Lemmiwinks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jan 2007, 5:51 am

jimservo wrote:
The third was in my favorite. I really hope they don't screw it up.

The third was my favorite too!! :P I think I watched the "temple of doom" when I was too young, because they have that one scene where they cut open the snake at the banquet, and little snakes come out of it's belly. That really messed with me, I didn't eat macaronni & cheese, or hotdogs, or anything snakelike for 2 or 3 years.

1. If life gives you poop......make poop juice.
2. Living in a Dystopian Future - right now.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 2:32 pm

Dude, this is what Lucas has been saying for the past 2-3 years. "It's going to start filming next year." I'll believe it when they set a release date, show some set photos, etc. Personally, I just hope Lucas doesn't mess it up. He's a terrible filmmaker, has been for the past 15 years at least. I'm not against the idea of Indy 4, it could be loads of fun, but it's too early to tell at this point.

Still, wait 'till MelancholyBunny sees this thread!

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 7:22 pm

Finally!

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 5:44 am

Will it be called Indiana Jones and The Troublesome Stairlift? :lol:

zastoi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2007, 6:25 am

i agree..hope Lucas won't be at the helm as i think he is a terrrrrrrrrible director *shudders at the memory of Phantom Menace*

..but my innerchild is still looking forward to Indy 4 despite everything telling me it shouldnt :)

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2007, 4:38 pm

Veresae wrote:
Still, wait 'till MelancholyBunny sees this thread!
:)

I have heard rumours of the fourth Indiana Jones for a number of years and it has yet to arrive (some students got so fed up that they made their own version, i think) but am glad that they have decided to quit TEASING everyone and get things going.

I am also apprehensive of the fourth film and wish they would leave it a three (Gasp!) for a number of reasons; Harrison Ford, while looking pretty good for a guy of 64, is a lot older than he was when he made the previous three films and i fear that he may not be able to perform as well as he has in the previous three (he did a lot of his own stunts) or that by altering the format the fourth film will be inexorably altered thereby ruining the experience; What is the new movie going to be about, is Indy still going to be battling Nazis? Is it still going to be set in the 30s, or are they going to modernise it? Are old characters going to be re-introduced in addition to new characters? Will he actually settle down with just one woman? Will Sean Connery be starring? (one of many rumours,though i think it was confirmed the he won't be in it). And of course, what relic will he search for this time, he's already found the Ark of the Covenmant and the Holy Grail, so what next?

There are many films that should have been left alone (think Star Wars), that were spoiled and tainted by bad sequels, and i hope that Indiana Jones isn't one of them.

But, if it is, i already have the boxed set on DVD. :wink:

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 4:28 pm

Some of this might be outdated, but based on early news at places like AICN and ComingSoon.net I read that:

-Indy will have to be old like Ford is, and therefore probably won't be too successful in doing stunts, if he attempts them. He'll probably be more of a thinker this time.

-Sean Connery has said he will definately return if he is asked, but that doesn't mean he will be asked. So it's a "maybe."

...And I think there were some other things that I fail to remember. (Sorry.)

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 5:26 pm

Even if he is old, i bet he'll still get women though. :wink:

I just hope they don't make it that he has a kid who get's into trouble and he has to save the day and crap like that, what a cliche.

Yey Sean Connery (even if he is a hypocrite), i thought he was great in Crusades which i think is the funniest Indy film.

CAAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2007, 7:42 pm

Okay I'm glad he is sure about this.

It won't be as good as Crusaders of the Lost Ark or Temple of Doom, but I'm optimistic that it will be okay at least.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 3:14 am

Connery better in there. as Dad he did a good job.

and I think one of the love interests from a previous movie is returning.