Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

15 Aug 2012, 3:06 am

Since I am new to this board, I thought I'd do a little roll call of anime fans of this board.

I've been around the fandom for as long as I can remember, but viewings of Sailor Moon on Toonami and Digimon in 2000 got me into the fandom to stay, despite a few downer years recently.

I've also been going to conventions since 2006- so I am a veteran of the anime fandom, and show no signs of slowing down despite the slow years we've had.

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2012, 4:10 am

Konnichiwa!! It's nice meet you ^_^
Anime and Manga is one of my special interests and has been for 5-6 years now. I've never been to a convention but I do cosplay in the house and I am planning to go to a small convention this year. My first anime aside Pokemon and Sailor Moon which I watched as when I was little was Tokyo Mew mew. I am currently watching Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online weekly and I am re-watching Fullmetal Alchemist.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 5:51 am

An anime fan here, watched a bunch of anime when I was a kid (Pokemon, Card Captors, Digimon, Zoids, etc) I really did not know it was anime until later, I finally got a chance to explore and actually watch it after I finished Highschool (got the internet). And I have watched a lot of shows, my ANN list of anime is currently at 274 series/movies watched in full.

Currently watching most of current releases: Kokoro Connect, Muv-luv, Campione, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Joshiraku, Oda Nobuna No Yabou, Binbougami ga!, Hagure Yuusha no Estetic, Tari Tari, Rinne no Langrange S2, Joshiraku, Arcana Famiglia,My Little Sister is Among Them, Yuru Yuri S2, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimash, Sword Art Online, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, So I can't Play H!, and Tanken Driland. Wow that is 19 shows, which makes Mondays a large release of shows. I have also been watching Fairy Tail since it was started, which is currently had 143 episodes.

If I had to say what my current favourite shows I have been watching lately would be Fairy Tail (lately done a good anime original arc), Joshiraku (a funny comedy by the auther of SZS, but done by J.C. Staff), and Kokoro Connect (awesome drama, who's character grab me amazingly).

I spent today reading Hayate the Combat Buttler, read volumes 16 to 19, I am looking for another season that is cumming up soon, as long as it was not like the movie.

grunt200
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Aug 2012, 8:19 am

i loved anime when i was a kid but fell out of it as i got older but, i got sucked back in and i love it evan more then i did as a kid!

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2012, 4:46 pm

Been watching since late 90's. Started with Dragon Ball, then Sailor Moon, and then the inferior DBZ, but then i bought a small amount of tapes like Slayers and brother had Trigun and Tenchi and then we taped ones on SciFi Channel on Saturdays. Now I've watched hundreds. I slowed down lately due to lack of time and money, but i'm getting back into it a little more from torrenting on my tablet. And Netflix. Crunchy Roll. I don't like Mecha usually. I have made some exceptions. Burst Angel and NGE if that last one counts. I mostly like things like Slayers, Spice and Wolf. A fantasy anime fan. Then lately I've seen some shocker animes like school days, Higurashi, and Elfen Lied. If anyone watches Supernatural on CW, there's an anime version of that now.

Inuyasha
Air
Kanon
Clannad
Angel Beats
Ranma
Cowboy Bebop
Ponyo
Haruhi Suzamiya
the list goes on...

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 7:55 pm

Will start watching again online.

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2012, 9:37 pm

More of a manga fan myself, but hello and welcome to the wonderful world of otaku.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 1:10 pm

I suppose that's me. I've only been watching for two years though. I'm also a light novel fan.

AnimeFreak5
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2012, 5:03 pm

Reporting in. I love Azumanga Daioh, and Osaka, the character from the show AND my profile pic! (She is my waifu!)

I want to get the Dance in the Vampire Bund omnibus. It comes out this December. Might get it for Christmas!

As for anime, I am working on Squid Girl Ika Musume Season 2, and Yuru Yuri S2 as it comes out. Ika Musume is so cute and awesome. I love how she thinks everything is a battle-plan for taking over humanity lol.

She should team up with Invader Zim!

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 5:20 pm

Ika is awesome. Right now finishing up Oh Edo Rocket.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:09 pm

I'm a nOOb. :D

I just started getting into it about two years ago, but it's a special interest that's picking up speed.

I lean towards horror and dark anime.

Currently watching "Red Garden."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 8:07 pm

AnimeFreak5 wrote:
As for anime, I am working on Squid Girl Ika Musume Season 2, and Yuru Yuri S2 as it comes out. Ika Musume is so cute and awesome. I love how she thinks everything is a battle-plan for taking over humanity lol.
Those are both shows I like, well personally I prefered the first season of Ika Masume (Squid Girl), but I just love the character, there is a good part in S2 where the learn English though. Watching season 2 of Yuru Yuri at the moment, the latest one finally gave Akari's sister a speaking part, as well as Chintatu's sister.

XFilesGeek wrote:
Have you seen Another, it has some pretty good horror.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 8:47 pm

Brad would it be hard for you to learn japanese. Just referencing the part without giving anything away.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 8:53 pm

thewrll wrote:
Brad would it be hard for you to learn japanese. Just referencing the part without giving anything away.

What do you mean? I was learning a bit earlier this year, but became a little busy now.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 9:49 pm

In Ika, the scene you were talking about.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 10:06 pm

Bradleigh wrote:

XFilesGeek wrote:
Have you seen Another, it has some pretty good horror.

Yeah, I loved the creepy dolls!

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)