Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2012, 6:32 am

has anyone ever seen this movie? cause i really like it and i am the only person i know who has seen it. it is a really good movie and i am planning on reading the book soon.

if you want to watch it go to dubhappy.com and then click anime movies and then select howl's moving castle and spirited away is really good as well.

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2012, 7:03 am

I've seen Howl's Moving Castle and I've got it on DVD. It was my favourite Studio Ghibli film for a long time but my current favourite is Spirited Away. If you get chance you should really read Diana Wynne Jones because she is a great writer.

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 7:08 am

angelofdarkness wrote:
has anyone ever seen this movie? cause i really like it and i am the only person i know who has seen it. it is a really good movie and i am planning on reading the book soon.

if you want to watch it go to dubhappy.com and then click anime movies and then select howl's moving castle and spirited away is really good as well.

I love Howl's Moving Castle. I have it on my mp3 player so that I can watch it sometimes while I am travelling home at night on the train. I also have some other Studio Ghibli films on my mp3 player, like Nausicaa, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Laputa. If you like Howl and Spirited Away, you might like some of those other anime films that Miyazaki made.

A_floating_moon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2012, 7:10 am

I've seen the movie and liked it quite a bit but never read the book. I wonder if the book is very different from the movie... My sister likes the movie a lot as well.
I've seen other Studio Ghibli movies, but that and Spirited Away are my favorites. Totoro was always a favorite when I was a kid.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 10:19 am

^^ Greetings angelofdarkness. I believe that really enjoy Howl's Moving Castle and many Stuido Ghibli films. ^^ I believe that I really enjoy Ponyo, Arrietty, My Neighbour Totoro, Nausicaa, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Pom Poko and Spirited Away.

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 10:21 am

I've watched a few Ghibli films and one of my favourites is "Howl's Moving Castle." I haven't read the book, because I once read something by Dianna Wynne Jones that I really disliked, but the characters, animation and story in the film are incredible and beautiful.

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 12:25 pm

I can describe how much I like this movie in four words:

"Disney. Blu-Ray. NOW!"

Same can be said for Totoro, Spirited Away, and Mononoke.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2012, 8:15 pm

i know that for some reason i just like Studio Ghibli about as much as I like most disney and pixar movies

Keon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jun 2012, 8:26 pm

Yeah, I love those movies. I used to have Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away saved to my PS3.

LittleBlackCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2012, 3:28 pm

I've seen it too. My daugter is a big fan of studio Ghibli films so we have quite a few on DVD or the hard drive (they showed a lot of them on Channel 4 in the UK a while ago). My favourite is My Neighbour Totoro because I had to have a few operations a few years back and I liked the idea of a Totoro looking after my daughter while I was in and out of hospital!

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2012, 6:22 am

LittleBlackCat wrote:
I've seen it too. My daugter is a big fan of studio Ghibli films so we have quite a few on DVD or the hard drive (they showed a lot of them on Channel 4 in the UK a while ago). My favourite is My Neighbour Totoro because I had to have a few operations a few years back and I liked the idea of a Totoro looking after my daughter while I was in and out of hospital!

that is really a wonderful idea

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Aug 2012, 5:26 am

I only just stumbled across this when aired on tv a couple weeks ago, I DVRed it and have watched it so many times in the past few days decided to get it on DVD. I'd never cared for anime before. Really great all around film! The details in the art is amazing... I wish such care to quality went into all 'cartoons' these days. Beautiful work!

Going to check out the books.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 7:57 am

Don't we have a thread for Studio Ghibli? lol

Yeah, I love that film!

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2012, 6:56 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
Don't we have a thread for Studio Ghibli? lol

Yeah, I love that film!

yeah i think your right there i think that i saw a theard for Studio Ghibli.

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Aug 2012, 6:41 am

A movie this good deserves its own thread.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2012, 7:51 pm

i got the book yesterday and read it all in one day and i can tell you that it is a good book though it is different from the movie and it has about four hundred fiftey pages in it. There are also two books in the series afterwards but i dont know their names yet