Page 5 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 7:03 pm

Catwoman Ohh dear god shoot me now Pleeeease!! !

Katou
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2007, 7:30 pm

Napoleon Dynamite.

Even to this day I'm still trying to figure out what the movie's about.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 7:40 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Catwoman Ohh dear god shoot me now Pleeeease!! !

Kerblam!

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 7:44 pm

I'd have to say that the worst movie I ever saw was Starship Troopers. It was so corny and lackluster. Plus, it was just downright stupid. I like sci-fi, but it seems that alot of sci-fi movies are becoming more and more lackluster.

jstrewth
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2007, 8:58 pm

wildthing121675 wrote:
The Princess Bride, Neverending Story, all of the Neverending Stories, the Star Wars prequel films, I hated those, as I am a die-hard fan of the original Star Wars films.

Only saving point for Princess Bride, is that it had WWE superstar Andre' The Giant in it. That saves it from being the worst. I also think the Lord of the Rings films sucked, I found those to be long, and boring, the first put me to sleep, and I saw part of the second one on TV, and was near sleeping if it had not been for a phone call I got from my wicked-witch sister's piece of s**t boyfriend.

Fantasy films have never been a passion of mine, I find them illogical, and hard to follow, and understand. I would rather watch something like a disaster movie, vulgar dirty comedy movie; or a good thriller. Fantasy movies, or fantasy in particluar has never been up my alley. That might get me flamed, but we all have our tastes in movies.

You know, when you say that, you remind me of Randal Graves. "There's only one return, and it's not 'of the king', it's 'of the Jedi'."

midge
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jan 2007, 4:40 am

American Pie. Now there's two hours of my life I'm never going to get back, and I'll never understand why Roger Ebert gave it three stars. I have to admit, though, Eugene Levy was pretty funny in it, and he must have enjoyed it because he's been in every single sequel...so I guess that's a tiny glimmering light in an otherwise dark, bleak movie experience...

I also had the misfortune of seeing part of American Pie II, which was even worse. I'm not really too picky about movies, so other than that, I can't think of any really bad ones, except maybe for this made-for t.v movie on Lifetime where a woman gets out of the swimming pool and sees a spider in her towel and starts shrieking as her love interest valiantly slays it and the shaken woman asks him to hold her and they start making wild passionate romance...

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2007, 11:01 am

jstrewth wrote:
This question sort of popped up when I was in the shower this morning. My choice is The NeverEnding Story III. I love the first NES very dearly, but the second one was plagued by a terrible script and subpar production values (could Nimbly look anymore like Howard the Duck?). But with the third one, they completely f****d up. The villains are nothing more than a human school gang (Jack Black plays their leader. No, really), there's this annoying talking tree that sounds like he's doing a bad Harvey Fierstein impression, Falkor has been reduced to a coward, they had Rock Biter and Junior living, I don't know, a Flintstones lifestyle with "rock" music on the TV (hey, don't have a Stegosaurus, man :wink: ) and, as the ultimate blow to my sanity, they made Rock Biter sing "Born to Be Wild" while riding his scooter. NO. KIDDING. It was probably the first time I received deep hurting (to quote MST3K) from a movie, and I turned it off after a half-hour. I then went into a five-minute panic attack before I found a good movie to watch. That is how bad TNES III is. I recommend you do not go the same route I did.

man i didn't even know they came out with a third one, ..how can they mess with perfection like that? UGH! That's like making a Princess Bride sequel and it sucking really bad..btw, how many "Rocky's" are they going to make? Seriously!

Quest_techie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2007, 6:24 am

maximum overdrive

emileo estevez is the hero and a go kart with a gun on it is the villian.....

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 10:33 am

I hated the ad for The Grudge. There was a noise that sounded as though a cat was being tortured. That turned me off.

I learned that Hallie Berry doesn't even like cats. What business does a non-cat lover have being in a movie with a feline character?

NQ-QT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2007, 11:35 am

Thus far . . . the worst movie I ever paid to see is "Tidal Wave," which I would describe as an Irwin Allen-Godzilla hybrid: it's a disaster pic with an all Japanese cast, with the exception of one Anglophone Canadian, Lorne Greene. I went to see this on September 15, 1975. I remember the date because I was exactly 11 years, 8 months old. Therefore, I shouldn't have to pay adult admission. But I looked older than 12, and the ticket seller didn't believe I was still 4 months shy of my 12th birthday. I didn't have any ID (but for the next few months I took a copy of my birth certificate with me!). The ticket seller finally relented and sold me a child's admission when it was discovered that I didn't have enuf on me to pay for an adult admission! I guess they knew this movie wasn't going to be too successful ~ it's about a volcano that erupts under the Sea of Japan, causing the title tsunami that threatens Tokyo ~ so they were trying to get every penny they could.

The worst movie I ever stayed up late to watch on TV? "Phantasm," which, when it was released in the late '70s, was billed as "If this movie doesn't scare you, you're already dead!" COOL! I didn't get a chance to see it in the theatre, but in the early '80s it was shown on HBO, back when even HBO didn't broadcast 24 hours a day. This was one of their late nite weekend specials. The movie started around 1 o'clock in the morning or so, and despite the fact that I had to leave for work at 5:30 a.m., I stayed up to watch the darn, stupid thing! What was with those silver daggered balls and the mustard-colored blood?

And the worst movie I ever had a free pass to is "Monsignor," which starred Christopher Reeve and Genvieve Bujold. The theatre often rocked with laughter during the screening, but I don't think the screenwriters had intended for that. Reeve plays a priest who eventually becomes the titular monsignor; Bujold is a novitiate. Somewhere in between they have a romantic tryst.

Remember, it's only a movie!

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 10:08 pm

Boondock Saints

cheriestar
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2007, 10:23 pm

this may be because i read the book first but i think the worst movie i've seen so far is the eragon movie. Not only was the plot going at a super fast speed but they pretty well butchered every scene from the book. Now i understand they can't be totally faithfull to the book but they could have tried alot harder then they did.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 10:45 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Fried Green Tomatoes. I thought it would never end. And it was boring right from the beginning.

I thought so, too, although I liked the scene at the grocery store where Evelyn rams the convertible with her car.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 10:50 pm

Veronica wrote:
Amelie. F*ck that movie. I hate that girl. I want to smack her.

ALSO:

-Jeepers Creepers
-Adaptation
-any remake of any awesome classic horror film

I noticed Amelie had some Aspie traits.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

subalternnavert
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2007, 10:11 pm

Here are the ones that start the bleeding from my anus:

Tank Force
Pirates of the Caribbean
Pearl Harbor
Alexander
Farenheit 9/11
Loose Change

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2007, 10:27 pm

I liked Fried Green Tomatoes the first time I saw it, but the second time, when I watched in on television, it stank. The same with Forrest Gump.

Chariots of Fire is a good movie, but full of historical inaccuries. A better running movie is Four Minutes.