Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 5:43 pm

Yes, I know there's a similar thread for movie ideas that WP members want to share.
Feel free to add your ideas for TV shows in this thread.

Where Are You, Charlie Brown? {more likely a mini-series than an actual TV show}

Years after Charlie Brown moved away from his hometown after graduation from high school, Linus, Sally, Lucy, and the rest of the Peanuts characters begin to receive mysterious letters by a person signing them as "C." The more letters are received, the more strained the relationships between everyone becomes. "C" threatens to expose everyone's secrets as everyone begins to wonder who "C" really is.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 7:18 pm

A TV show based on H.P. Lovecraft's fiction. Have an Aspie as a hero (much like Lovecraft himself), barely defined horrors hinted at, with some tentacled monstrosity at the climax of the episode. And have the series end not with an upbeat, happy ending, but with the collapse of the lead character's sanity, and the doom of the earth as the Great Old Ones return. :twisted:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 12:16 pm

New Star Trek TV series based on the future 20 years after DS9 last episode, with new main characters, but with some connection or appearances of the old DS9 crew. Maybe with some references to Gamma and Delta Quadrant civilizations and stories.

New Stargate TV series that answers what happened to the Universe crew. That show had many problems, but I wish it could be revived somehow, with improvements.

SpeakerToAnimals
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2013, 6:50 pm

A sequel to The Banana Splts dealing with Snork's coke addiction and Drooper's suicide.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 7:24 pm

Freetrader Beowulf - A series based on the Traveller RPG, and set in the Spinward Marches of the 3rd Imperium between the 4th and 5th Frontier Wars.

The year would be 5620 A.D., or 1099 on the Imperial Calendar.

The premise would be similar to Firefly/Serenity, in that a random collection of veterans, rogues, and other misfits would travel from one star system to another, trade cargo, encounter opportunities and obstacles, and try to figure out who is an ally, who is an enemy, and who really doesn't give a rip as long as they get paid.

(Some say that Firefly/Serenity may have been inspired by Joss Whedon's own Traveller campaign, but this rumor has never been confirmed.)

It would also has some similarities to Stargate, in that there is the "Mystery of the Ancients" to figure out.

Babylon V would get a shout-out, as there would be several alien species, as well as a race of Psi-Corp like enemies called the Zhodani.

No transporters, no light-sabres, no time-travel, no vampires, and no zombies.

And if they don't make explosions go "BOOM" in the vacuum of space, then the series might just retain some credibility!

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 7:47 pm

Quantum Leap: The Continuation

I always assumed that Sam was still "out there" in time, with or without Al's help, with more awareness of what he's doing (and maybe less "swiss-cheesing' of the brain).

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 9:17 pm

New Spider-Man Animated Series

Alot of people don't seem to like the new Ultimate Spider-Man series and I can understand why. I would like to see a Spider-Man cartoon the way it should be. Not have him work for S.H.I.E.L.D and be part of a team of heroes who are kinda jerks to him like something out the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon but have that same kinda animation that Ultimate Spider-Man has.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 10:25 pm

Alice in Wonderland: The animated series

An animated show based off of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I have been wanting this ever since I became obsessed with the movie back when it first came out in 2010, and given the fact that it was one of the highest-grossing movies of all time, I'm a little surprised that a follow-up series didn't become a reality. I hear that Disney and Linda Woolverton are working on a sequel movie though, so in my eyes that's just as good. 8)

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 3:07 pm

I wouldn't mind a new Mission: Impossible series, something that's closer to the original show than the films, but I doubt that Tom Cruise's ego will ever allow for anything M:I related that doesn't involve him.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 1:15 am

Finishing BBC's "Survivors."

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 11:31 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Alice in Wonderland: The animated series

An animated show based off of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I have been wanting this ever since I became obsessed with the movie back when it first came out in 2010, and given the fact that it was one of the highest-grossing movies of all time, I'm a little surprised that a follow-up series didn't become a reality. I hear that Disney and Linda Woolverton are working on a sequel movie though, so in my eyes that's just as good. 8)

You mean like this anime? :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fushigi_no_Kuni_no_Alice

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpG568smh2M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuKtSLmhRs4[/youtube]

Edit: Found it in english

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs7VxRjG5lE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P89qroONT38[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O7FdPCRE2Y[/youtube]

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 1:54 pm

A deconstruction of shows like Malcolm in the Middle, with the black comedy taken up to eleven, mixed with meth and crack, and made ten times scarier.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 9:23 pm

Fix It Felix

An animated show based on the fictional video game seen in the movie Wreck It Ralph. It could be like a satire of those old corny video game based cartoons back in the 90's. The film itself is basically about a video game villain who wants to be good and skips his game, but this show could be based around the plot of the video game in the movie in which the characters featured would be Felix (as the good guy), Ralph (as the bad guy) and those tennants but not characters outside the game e.g. Valnellope, Caulhon (don't know if that's how the names are spelt).

Wolverine Animated Series

An animated series based on this popular marvel character would be awesome. I know there was one before that only lasted one season titled Wolverine and the X-Men but this cartoon would only be about him. He would be travelling the world on his motorcycle searching for clues from his past and perhaps have a companion with him like one of the younger X-Men e.g. Jubilee, Shadowcat, Rogue (though some of those were portrayed as both younger and older is most incarnations). Sabretooth would be a primary villain and pursue Wolverine on his travels and there would be other villains e.g. Deadpool, Omega Red etc. Also he could come across other superheroes e.g. Spider-Man (if he went to New York) or Black Panter (if he went to Wakanda) etc.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 4:23 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
A deconstruction of shows like Malcolm in the Middle, with the black comedy taken up to eleven, mixed with meth and crack, and made ten times scarier.

Just imagine that Breaking Bad is a sequel to Malcolm. I've been doing that since the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm

A remake of "The A-Team" that disregards the events of the movie
and is in the same tone as the remake of "Hawaii Five-O".

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:00 pm

The New Prisoner remake, but unlike the last time, the next time they should keep all the 1960's fashions, styles and aesthetics! 8)