Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2013, 9:16 pm

[youtube] Mod. edit: video redacted because it contains unfiltered swearwords. [/youtube]

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 9:45 pm

Someone told me he's making one last Jay and Silent Bob for his film finale.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2013, 9:49 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:

Not quite. CLERKS III is meant to be released as his final film. Which yes jason mewes and smith first did jay and silent bob in 92 in clerks with miramax. But now twenty something years later everyone is coming back including alot of the smodcast network. You learn about this on a special giant sized edition of hollywood babble on with itunes they talk about it for two hours. But its a great idea i am excited

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 9:51 pm

:D awesome

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2013, 9:53 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
:D awesome

Indeed. And hes making new characters bringing people back. Just it may not be in theatres he is touring it like he did with red state

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 11:56 pm

I watch Comic Book Men sometimes and Smith seems like a pretty decent guy. I don't think I really enjoy his films though - tried watching Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back once and turned it off after the first 5 minutes.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:38 am

Sherman247 wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:

Not quite. CLERKS III is meant to be released as his final film. Which yes jason mewes and smith first did jay and silent bob in 92 in clerks with miramax. But now twenty something years later everyone is coming back including alot of the smodcast network. You learn about this on a special giant sized edition of hollywood babble on with itunes they talk about it for two hours. But its a great idea i am excited

I had heard he wants to get out of the movie business.

I also heard he wanted Clerks III to take place well into their middle-aged years. Those guys were all born circa 1970, so in 10 years they'll be about 53, which I thought was roughly the age he wanted them to be in Clerks III.

Or is he doing it now to get it done with? Personally, I think it would be cool if he waited another 10 years or so, because that would be truly unique to have the same characters but so far apart in the life cycle between films.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

23 Feb 2013, 11:05 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I watch Comic Book Men sometimes and Smith seems like a pretty decent guy. I don't think I really enjoy his films though - tried watching Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back once and turned it off after the first 5 minutes.

The rap scene sorta gets alot of people

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

23 Feb 2013, 11:06 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Sherman247 wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:

I had heard he wants to get out of the movie business.

I also heard he wanted Clerks III to take place well into their middle-aged years. Those guys were all born circa 1970, so in 10 years they'll be about 53, which I thought was roughly the age he wanted them to be in Clerks III.

Or is he doing it now to get it done with? Personally, I think it would be cool if he waited another 10 years or so, because that would be truly unique to have the same characters but so far apart in the life cycle between films.

Its all mentioned in the Podcast I mentioned.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 8:41 pm

IdahoRose wrote:

My wife and I love Comic Book Men, and I like most of his movies. Recently, I had asked the clerk at the comic book store we patronize if he ever watched Comic Book Men. His response was, he had tried to watch it, but thought they were making fun of guys like him who work in comic book stores. To each his own.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 11:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

My wife and I love Comic Book Men, and I like most of his movies. Recently, I had asked the clerk at the comic book store we patronize if he ever watched Comic Book Men. His response was, he had tried to watch it, but thought they were making fun of guys like him who work in comic book stores. To each his own.

Huh. It's weird that he would think that, because I always viewed Comic Book Men as a celebration of people who enjoy comics. The hosts really seem to know their stuff when it comes to that kind of thing.

But then again, I'm not really a comic book connoisseur myself - I just watch the show because I enjoy seeing people be passionate about their interests.

On the other hand, I know that if they ever made a show like Comic Book Men but centered around the anime subculture (which I'm a part of) instead, I wouldn't watch it if I detected any hint of insincerity in it.

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 11:45 am

I enjoyed his show "The Spoilers" last summer.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2013, 1:56 pm

Rakshasa72 wrote:
I enjoyed his show "The Spoilers" last summer.

I hope he does a second season. The reporting on that was great.

Sherman247
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2013, 1:58 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Huh. It's weird that he would think that, because I always viewed Comic Book Men as a celebration of people who enjoy comics. The hosts really seem to know their stuff when it comes to that kind of thing.

But then again, I'm not really a comic book connoisseur myself - I just watch the show because I enjoy seeing people be passionate about their interests.

On the other hand, I know that if they ever made a show like Comic Book Men but centered around the anime subculture (which I'm a part of) instead, I wouldn't watch it if I detected any hint of insincerity in it.

Kevin smith who owns the store wrote a award winning series of batman. And walt who manages the store day to day drew it