ASSUMED MOVIE, TV AND CARTOON CHARACTERS W/ ASPERGERS

Page 36 of 43 [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next

Krevency
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2011, 8:32 pm

Several characters in Bones
Several characters in House MD
The main character in Lie to Me
Several characters in Numb3rs
A smattering of them throughout the CSI/NCIS type shows

Jackanape
Raven
Raven

27 May 2011, 8:47 pm

Jokey Smurf

AspieBrain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2011, 8:55 pm

Not certain if anyone has brought this up yet, but I think Fuyuki Hinata, Momoka Nishizawa, and Tamama from Keroro Gunsou; Light Yagami, L, and Near from Death Note; Manta Oyamada and Ryunosuke Umemiya from Shaman King, and so on and so forth.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 9:46 pm

Maladroit wrote:
Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation. :)

Lolwut? He's pretty NT.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 9:06 pm

I'm watching Sonic SatAM right now. Antoine the coyote is captured and you think Robotnick's henceman is going to tourture him but all he's really doing is trying to bake. He tells Antoine which ingredients for what he's trying to bake and they are purposely wrong. Antoine spazes out becuase the ingridents are wrong for that recipe. This character is also a notorious whimp throughout the whole series. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20r_09F9MJ4&feature=related[/youtube]

I also think "Tails" has AS traits as well...espicaly in Sonic X. I also think Chris has some traits as well. I mean this kid practicaly has no friends except for his grandfather and the animals.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 11:15 pm

Of the three obsessed people in High Fidelity, Dick, Rob, and Barry I think the only one who may or may not have aspergers is Anna Moss's boyfriend who is Dick.

meetvirginia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

Honestly I think John Heder is aspie. Watch him in interviews. He is awkward so his characters come out that way. (Lol type cast.)

But I think Daniel in P.S. I Love You is aspie. He admits to having some sort of disorder.

:)

aspie56
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jul 2011, 4:36 pm

I think Greg Heffley from Diary of a wimpy kid may have Aspergers. he is only shown with one friend Rowley, who is like a 4th grader. and when him and rowley fought in the "ugly truth" greg was shown as a loner the whole time. and he is selfish and rude with rowley alot. Also I can suspect Rowley of having Aspergers 'cause he is an 8th grade who is intrested in stuff for 10 year old, and he is shown as naive when greg wants to trick rowley. And I think fregley had aspergers... or hes just weird.

who agrees?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 8:04 pm

Eugene Proctor from the movie Pure Luck. The character, played by Martin Short, was extremely logical and analytical.

Wasn't 1991 a great year for movies?

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 9:37 pm

The Count from Pet Shop of Horrors seems to have some asperger-like traits in my opinion. He talks extremly monotoned but always polite and he has a total obsession with sweets. Also he's generally just a weird character, a Chinese man who wears flower printed robes and make-up and has long painted manicured fingernails, and he runs a pet shop that sells monsters and he seems to show more empathy to his monster and animal pets then he does the humans who buy them.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

EtotheC wrote:
MrLoony wrote:
I do not know what Golgo 13 is, so I do not get the reference.

Kids these days...

MrLoony wrote:
Keep in mind that just because a creator doesn't intend for a character to have AS doesn't mean they don't. Just because the creator is ignorant of the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum doesn't mean that they can't accidently create a character that is on that end.

That's disobeying a primary rule of character development in fiction, the creator/ writer has to decide all facets of the character, the rest is up to fanfictions.

MrLoony wrote:
Heck, before I was even aware of AS at all, I had planned out a character that was nearly exactly like me. Does that mean that the character isn't autistic, simply because I was unaware?

No again, as I have previously stated, Image projection is common amongst those with AS.

I know these posts are really old, but I couldn't help but add my 2 cents. What is missing from this discussion is the presence of the actor. It is in the role of the actor to create a vivid back-story for his/her character. The author only has so much to say in this creative process. The writer creates and controls the character on paper. On film, the actor fleshes out and becomes the character. The new interpretation
is something different, based on the experiences and influences of the actor. Acting is an art and as such, actors are given licence to broaden and expand their characters. No matter what the author wrote, if the actor decides to flesh out the character with aspie traits, this is what the character becomes. The author can control what is said but not how. When you really get down to it on film, actors, and directors are in charge, not the authors.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 11:41 am

Could Shawn Spencer from "Psych" be considered an aspie?

RobotGreenAlien2
Toucan
Toucan

29 Oct 2011, 7:35 pm

Maika wrote:
i dunno if this has already been said, but i think Parker from Leverage is a great example of Asperger Syndrome. She only really thinks about stealing and in the first episode she said that she's only really good at one thing (stealing stuff lol). She also has bad social skills and...well she's just awesome lol

I absolutely love parker. I see so much of myself in her. I love how when she was a kid and get caught stealing and her foster parents tell her to stop stealing or be a better thief, as a snide repark. Cut to years later and she's the world best thief.

The Juror number 6 job episode is aspieness in a nutshell.

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

RobotGreenAlien2 wrote:
Maika wrote:
i dunno if this has already been said, but i think Parker from Leverage is a great example of Asperger Syndrome. She only really thinks about stealing and in the first episode she said that she's only really good at one thing (stealing stuff lol). She also has bad social skills and...well she's just awesome lol

I absolutely love parker. I see so much of myself in her. I love how when she was a kid and get caught stealing and her foster parents tell her to stop stealing or be a better thief, as a snide repark. Cut to years later and she's the world best thief.

The Juror number 6 job episode is aspieness in a nutshell.

She's a great character.

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2011, 1:36 am

Some of the characters from Glee, Timmy from South Park, Steve Urkel from Family Matters, Mr Bean and Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory, the pin up boy/man with Aspergers Syndrome.

hystericthumb
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Nov 2011, 5:49 am

Has anyone seen Misfits? The character called Simon maybe has Asperger...