Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 10:16 pm

MannyBoo wrote:
New Star Trek TV series based on the future 20 years after DS9 last episode, with new main characters, but with some connection or appearances of the old DS9 crew. Maybe with some references to Gamma and Delta Quadrant civilizations and stories.

The idea I'd come here to post was one I had some years ago - a series based around the crew of long-range exploration vessel USS Meriwether Lewis, learning what happened in the Gamma Quadrant since the fall of the Dominion of the Founders. Lots of unexplored worlds, potential trouble with rogue Jem'Hadar or previously-undiscovered enemies, and periods when communication with Starfleet Command takes weeks, leaving the ship's captain in command like Kirk in the old days. And, of course, occasional shore leave at DS9...

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 1:19 am

Jory wrote:
Giftorcurse wrote:
A deconstruction of shows like Malcolm in the Middle, with the black comedy taken up to eleven, mixed with meth and crack, and made ten times scarier.

Just imagine that Breaking Bad is a sequel to Malcolm. I've been doing that since the beginning.

I wish there was a "LIKE button for this. :)

One question though -- is Bryan Cranston's character (can't think of his name at the moment) on BB the same as on Malcolm, or is the BB character Malcolm as a grownup?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 1:23 am

Webalina wrote:
Jory wrote:
Giftorcurse wrote:
A deconstruction of shows like Malcolm in the Middle, with the black comedy taken up to eleven, mixed with meth and crack, and made ten times scarier.

Just imagine that Breaking Bad is a sequel to Malcolm. I've been doing that since the beginning.

I wish there was a "LIKE button for this. :)

One question though -- is Bryan Cranston's character (can't think of his name at the moment) on BB the same as on Malcolm, or is the BB character Malcolm as a grownup?

Bryan Cranston had played Malcolm's dad. The dad character was not always bright, bumbling, and good hearted - just the total antithesis of the black souled Walter White/Heisenberg. So it would definitely be funny if he had ended up as an unobtrusive family man after getting out of the meth business.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 1:26 am

A series based on the film District 9.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 10:46 am

An S Club 7 animatied series if S Club 7 reforms. CHeck this idea out that I made for an S Club 7 animated series in the link below.

http://ideas.wikia.com/wiki/S_Club_7_Forever_(TV_series)

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 6:32 pm

Disney Show

Sort of like the Looney Tunes Show in which you have the Looney Tunes living in suburbia and being domesticated and up to the type of crazy things you see on shows like The Simpsons there should be one with the Disney Characters. The focus would be on Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy perhaps living together in an apartment building either in the same apartment room or seperate. They should each have jobs either the same or seperate ones, have girlfriends Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Clarabelle. Many of the neighbours can be other Disney characters. They could hang out at a restaurant owned by Tiana and Naveen as sort of they're Moe's or Drunken Clam.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 7:09 pm

Ted: The Animated Series

I would love to see Seth MacFarlane make an animated TV series out of this movie and its upcoming sequel. I could imagine John, Lori, and Ted going on some crazy adventures together and pulling some hilarious hijinks.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 9:20 pm

Bring back the comedy/vareity formats, al la Carol Burnett, Sonny and Cher, and Ed Sullivan.

eternalhunterx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2013, 10:32 pm

A Doctor Who spin-off featuring Madame Vastra, Jenny and Straxx. Come on Whovians, who WOULDN'T love to watch those three all the time!

ArthurDent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2013, 1:50 pm

MannyBoo wrote:
The New Prisoner remake, but unlike the last time, the next time they should keep all the 1960's fashions, styles and aesthetics! 8)

Nice especially with Ian McClellan as #2.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 2:10 pm

A remake of Dark Shadows that disregards the movie.

alwaystomorrow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2013, 2:38 pm

eternalhunterx wrote:
A Doctor Who spin-off featuring Madame Vastra, Jenny and Straxx. Come on Whovians, who WOULDN'T love to watch those three all the time!
That would be absolutely brilliant, A+++, would have definite obsession potential :oops:

paddy26
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jun 2013, 5:35 pm

I think a comedy series based in a call center would be cool but it might end up too similar to the office.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 8:44 am

Tales of the New California Rangers

Set approximately during the time of Fallout: New Vegas, the series would recount the adventures of a corps of elite Rangers (the best of the best) as they scout the wastes and bring civilization to the eastern tribes.

It would have a tone and format reminiscent of SG1 with lots of black humor, action and social satire.

Frenchaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jun 2013, 8:55 am

A second season for Profit with Adrian Pasdar, 17 years later...

Almighty_CRJ
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2013, 6:10 pm

eternalhunterx wrote:

There was Torchwood prequel that would mesh with that easy.
paddy26 wrote:
I think a comedy series based in a call center would be cool but it might end up too similar to the office.
Aren't they showing that on BBC three right now
MannyBoo wrote:
The New Prisoner remake, but unlike the last time, the next time they should keep all the 1960's fashions, styles and aesthetics! 8)
Forget anything else, return to Portmeirion. Damn desert.