Which Star Trek (tv series) are you favorite

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 9:48 am

Voyager! Seven of Nine is one of my favorite fictional characters and Captain Janeway is one too :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 7:20 pm

^ I will be watching Voyager next.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 3:01 pm

Overall, The Next Generation just because that was the Star Trek series that was on when I was growing up and the one that really got me in to it - much more so that ToS and I never got much in to DS9 or Voyager, and not the one with the Quantum Leap guy that came later.

I have to say though, the new series (Star Trek Discovery) I quite like and of the first 9 episodes, several have been really good - the first two were pretty much movie quality I thought.

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2017, 3:26 pm

Far and away DS9. It's the only Star Trek with a well-fleshed-out cast, it had the best stories, the best acting, and I loved that it subverted Roddenberry's naive idealistic future. Also, while many Aspies seem to latch onto Data (who is a great character), I found Dr. Bashir (*points to avatar*) and Odo both extremely relatable on that front. I've watched through DS9 every year for about six years--watched it twice for two of those years.

I do enjoy TNG: while a great deal of it is middling, there are a handful of episodes that are truly great. TOS is okay but decidedly dated (and I don't mean the special FX). Voyager is an abomination (I love Kate Mulgrew, but the writing was so poor, the characters so erratically written and unlikable, and of course Chakotay was a giant walking stereotype). I never watched Enterprise, so I couldn't say about that.

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 4:01 am

I watched the original when it first aired and liked it very much and have had no desire to watch the later adaptions.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 9:59 pm

Well I already replied years ago but I'll do so again. I said DS9 was my favourite and I still stand by that. TNG would be my second favourite and I consider Jean Luc Picard my favourite Captain. My third would either be TOS or VOY. ENT is OK but am not as fussed about it as the other four. I haven't watched Discovery yet but I might in the future. To be fair I'm more into Star Wars at the moment because of the new movie.

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2017, 3:47 am

I like all of them for different reasons and watch them all regularly. Here in Australia they're all on Netflix (including Discovery), so I often cherrypick episodes from all the various shows. If I absolutely had to choose one though, it would be TNG since it was what got me into Trek in the first place.

To be fair, I'm probably also in more of a Star Wars mood at the moment, but watching the new movie, I couldn't help but notice how similar the dialogue is between the Wars and Trek, this movie had staple Trek lines like "That's an order!", even the rebels were referring to each other by their titles such as Admiral, Captain, Commander, etc.

Khiori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Dec 2017, 5:58 pm

I really love TNG, but for me nothing can match the chemistry that the cast of TOS had together. Watching Spock, Kirk, and Bones on screen together is pure magic!

The one thing I loved about Enterprise was the introduction of some really beautiful Vulcan starships, especially the D'kyr class. I like to draw starship schematics when I have the time, and before the introduction of the D'kyr the Romulans had been easily beating out the Vulcans for gorgeous starships.

I haven't watched DS9 yet because I was a horrible Babylon 5 snob as a teenager. I have decided to watch it finally after I'm done with my current TNG re-watch. Now that I think about it though, I'm glad I never watched it in the past because now I can look forward to seeing brand new (to me) Star Trek!

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2017, 6:53 pm

Khiori wrote:
I haven't watched DS9 yet because I was a horrible Babylon 5 snob as a teenager. I have decided to watch it finally after I'm done with my current TNG re-watch. Now that I think about it though, I'm glad I never watched it in the past because now I can look forward to seeing brand new (to me) Star Trek!

I also came to DS9 late (I never watched any of the shows on TV, but through a friend of my parents' I had access to the TOS and TNG VHSs as a kid, who didn't have DS9), and it's by far my favorite Trek: best writing, best acting, and also subverts some of the more annoying tropes of TNG in particular.

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 7:25 pm

I don't have a favorite of the earlier ones, but I can tell you my least favorites are the last two. Star Trek was not meant for a long running plot line. Enterprise was dead to me when the did the 9-11 parallel storyline, and I hear this internet-subscription-only incarnation does the same with an extended plot line. Star Trek works best when it's not a soap opera.