Anybody else love Grange Hill like I do?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 2:11 pm

I am a Grange Hill fan and I was just wondering if there's anyone else here who'd like to chat about it with me.

I only like the 70s and 80s series though. I like Tucker and his antics, Suzanne Ross and her attitude, Zammo and his aggression and drug habit, and Ziggy and his gang.

I think Roland Browning had undiagnosed Asperger's but back in 1984 that's probably how Aspie kids were approached by staff and parents.

Such a brilliant drama to watch. 8) :heart:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 4:59 pm

Nobody then.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 5:11 pm

I would talk to you about it.....if I knew about the show. I don't, because I'm a Yank.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 12:30 am

How about some of our UK members? The show was incredibly popular all over the country back in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Thank you for replying by the way.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 12:00 pm

I had a bad time at school and Grange was hyper realistic so I dont have fond memories of it. I just watched it out of curiosity to see what other kids got up to and the reasons why.

Some of the teachers at school resembled that teacher with the ginger hair who was just mean so having to come home and watch that wasnt pleasant. I'd rather be watching some escapist stuff like MASK where there was some decent treatment of human beings even the enemies.

10/10 for realism though. Just make every character cruel, obsessed with illicit activites or stupid. Then you've got a too-accurate depiction of school life.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:07 pm

I didn't have the best experience at high school either but I still love Grange Hill. Actually I didn't watch it when I was growing up, probably for the same reasons as the post above. But now I'm really into it, and I wish I had of watched it when I was in high school because I might have got some general ideas of how to survive high school better. Sometimes when watching it I wish I could go back to my teenage years and be different to what I was.